Dreams / DIS Exclusive London/Paris/DLP Adventure Oct 4th - 13th 2019

The London Eye was not included in our Adventure.

This was an option that was offered for everyone to go as a group, but it was orchestrated by John.

The majority of folks went together, but not all.

This may happen again, but this trip is several months off.

Hello!

During our last two Skype calls we talked about High Tea at Fortnum & Mason on October 3 around 3:30 pm to allow time for those arriving that day. Classic Afternoon Tea starts at £55.00 per person, Champagne can also be added to your Afternoon Tea, starting from £13.50 per glass. I was told we should plan for 2.5 hours to allow ample time to enjoy the experience. Here is a link to their site: https://www.fortnumandmason.com/restaurants/afternoon-tea

A host of another Disney podcast who has been to London told me this is the best Afternoon Tea "in the universe." They are also the official tea vendor for the Queen.

To hold the reservation, I need to place a credit card on file. If we do not cancel within 72 hours of the reservation, the card will be charged £55.00 per person.

I don't know what time folks were thinking of starting the Pub Crawl on this same day, but I'm wondering if we could start if after Afternoon Tea.

If you are interested in Afternoon Tea, please let me know by Friday, May 24, and I will make the reservation. I can also send you the menus for the Afternoon Tea, Dietary Afternoon Tea, and Tea List. The files are too large to upload. If you send your email address to me at michael@wdwinfo.com, I'll send them to you. The menus can also be downloaded from their website at the link above.

Cheers!
Michael, All three of us would like to do the tea. Please add us to your list.

Thanks!

Brian

For those of you that mentioned you wanted to do the group lunch and dinners, please check your inbox. I've listed updated restaurant information and need a final yes or no. Thanks!

Hope everyone saw the email that Kevin sent out today about ore Paris part of the trip.

Ste Chapelle is gorgeous. Smaller than Notre Dame for sure, but where the early gothic use of flying buttresses allowed for more light into Notre Dame, Ste Chapelle takes that architectural trick to the extreme. Pretty much the entire wall is now glass. It's just incredible.

Good to know about the restaurant change. No big loss there. Hope they find a great "local Parisian restaurant" for day 5.

Getting closer! I'm thinking of getting a English to English phrase book so that I can effectively communicate with the people of London. :duck:

On my first trip overseas, I couldn’t understand the passport control guy’s accent at Heathrow. So nervous I’d be stopped right then and there before stepping foot in the country.

Getting closer! I'm thinking of getting a English to English phrase book so that I can effectively communicate with the people of London. :duck:

DD attended a summer school in St. Andrews, Scotland for 5 years AND I read a lot of Brit chick lit so I can understand most word translations (jumper->sweater, trainers->tennis shoes, chips->fries. crisps->chips, rocket->arugula, aburgeine->eggplant, etc). I almost died when my DM announced very loudly in a crowded restaurant "I'm not wearing pants." Pants->underwear:o MOM, STOP!

That said, Cockney I can't understand at all.

During our last Skype call, I believe that I volunteered to make arrangements for dinner at one of the special restaurants at DLP, and that I'd post early August to get a list going. Is anyone interested in Bistrot Chez Remy or Captain Jack's? https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/dining/disneyland-park/captain-jacks-restaurant-pirates/ https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/dining/walt-disney-studios-park/bistrot-chez-remy/

Kate and I are interested in both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!