Dreams Do Come True! A Disney Fairytale Wedding & Honeymoon TRIP REPORT! - WEDDING PICTURES!

I have been thinking about you and your family all weekend. I will continue praying for him and your family. I really hope they can find out what is going on with him.

I hope your Dad is alright and able to get his health sorted.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!! We just got home this afternoon. Basically he was diagnosed with cardiac myopathy (a disease that attacks the heart muscle), but they have no idea what caused it. Apparently blockages are usually the first cause, but he is completely clear. He had an upper respiratory virus in January, so it is possible that the virus started all of this, but they said that is more common in children. Basically they said it doesn't really matter what caused it as long as we focus on how to treat it at this point.

His heart was pumping at 10% and his liver and kidneys were failing when he was life-flighted last Friday night. He spent 4 days in the cardiac ICU at MUSC and the doctor said he was basically as close to death as he could be. It's honestly questionable whether he would've made it through Friday night. They took almost 3 gallons of fluid that had built up in his lungs and around his heart and liver. He lost 30 pounds mostly due to the excess fluid. Unfortunately he developed DVT blood clots in both legs from his heart not being able to pump his blood effectively, so they had to insert a small filter into his vein to catch any clots that could break off and travel to his lungs. He is back to walking (very slowly) and is just very very weak. His liver numbers are much better, but not all the way back to normal so he has to avoid taking any OTC pain meds, which makes dealing with his leg pain even worse.

Basically now we wait and pray that all of the pills he is on make his heart stronger.. if they don't get him back to where they need to be that is when we have to start thinking about mechanical heart pumps and possibly transplant. The doc seems to think there is a good chance he can get back to where he needs to be in 6-8 weeks, so we will continue to pray! Just glad to have him home - it's crazy to think that last Friday I was in tears/about to throw up because I didn't think he would survive the flight. He has come a very long way and has fought so hard. It is truly a miracle :lovestruc

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's health issues and challenges--glad to hear he is doing better and praying that he continues to get stronger every day! That is a tough thing for you all to be going through, and I'm so sorry about the pain your father is experiencing. That really, really stinks.

I was thinking about the snobby face/background thing--maybe people are just tired? Because who could be anything but happy for a bride? And anyway, isn't it some kind of bad luck mojo to not wish a bride happiness? Especially on her wedding day! (If not, it should be--ha ha)

Oh, V&A was so silly! Obviously, DH and I are just not cultured enough to properly appreciate such fine dining... if we are going to eat in the dark we want monster movies playing on the screen, so I guess we better stick to Sci-Fi dinner theatre! Where the portions are so huge we have to split--like the polar opposite of V&A's.

HUGS to you and your fam! Especially your dad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!