Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent not replying

cadisney

Earning My Ears
For my 4th Disney cruise, I wanted to hire a travel agent for the sole purpose of getting the extra onboard credit.

I never used a travel agent in the past, other than the online booking sites such as Travelocity when they offered a discount for booking through them.

I emailed Dreams Unlimited early last week.

I told her I will be cruising this April 2018 and want to book a 2019 cruise while onboard.
I said I want the 10 percent on board discount, the $100 onboard credit, and the $150 onboard credit for transferring to the TA.

She replied once with helpful information, also saying she was busy due to it being opening week.

I said I understood about it being busy. I asked her what her agent number was because I want to add it onboard.
I also have a family member (not in my household) who wants to book a placeholder using her name/number.

I'm a little irritated she has not emailed back in two days (four counting the weekend).

It seems like she does not want my business and is too busy with other things.

I'm considering using a different TA.
I want to make sure I get the gift basket, the 150 onboard credit for transferring to a TA after booking online, and that's about all I need.

My cruise will be just under $6000.

It is possible I will need to remove one person from our reservation (we are 4 now) before the PIF date, but other than that there will not be any changes.

Very frustrated about poor service. What would you do, or has anyone been in a similar situation with a non responsive TA?

What did I do? Let DU know I didn’t need their service (they never responded until after I send them a “nevermind” email) and started booking through costcotravel.com.

I have no need for the things I’ve seen in the basket, and Costco gives a gift card that’s about 8% of the cruise fare. And you can transfer to them within 30 days and get ALL of the gift card.

(edited the last sentence...it’s been awhile since I used them for Disney, and with royal Costco does give obc not the gift card, so I was confused for a minute)

You can contact John at Dreams Unlimited, John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com. He seems to be very responsive when people have issues with their DU TAs.

It appears all you are asking for now is her agent number? Is it possible she missed you asking for that and is waiting to hear from you after your cruise since you stated you will be booking onboard? What I'd recommend is going ahead with a booking now and then re-shop the cruise once you are onboard. That protects you in case the price rises more than 10% before you are able to book onboard.

Last year when I didn't get a response from the one that I sent the request to I found her Dis account and messaged her here. She did send me the information but for some reason it wasn't coming though. I just sent her an email about a question we had and it took her a little bit to get back to me. I did send a second email. She got back to me today and wanted me to let her know that I got her email. She stated that she is having issues with her email lately.

I asked her what her agent number was because I want to add it onboard.
I also have a family member (not in my household) who wants to book a placeholder using her name/number.

I don't believe you can add a TA to an onboard booking/placeholder unless that TA handled your current cruise. You will need to book onboard and then transfer it to DU when you get home.

Considering how crazy the TAs were last week, I'm sure your question dropped to the very bottom of her to-do list since there really isn't anything she can do for you right now. Unless you'd like to book now and re-shop when you cruise next month. Hopefully she will respond this week, but again, there isn't anything to be done right now.

Enjoy your cruises!

For my 4th Disney cruise, I wanted to hire a travel agent for the sole purpose of getting the extra onboard credit.

I never used a travel agent in the past, other than the online booking sites such as Travelocity when they offered a discount for booking through them.

I told her I will be cruising this April 2018 and want to book a 2019 cruise while onboard.
I said I want the 10 percent on board discount, the $100 onboard credit, and the $150 onboard credit for transferring to the TA.

She replied once with helpful information, also saying she was busy due to it being opening week.

I said I understood about it being busy. I asked her what her agent number was because I want to add it onboard.

I'm a little irritated she has not emailed back in two days (four counting the weekend).

I want to make sure I get the gift basket, the 150 onboard credit for transferring to a TA after booking online, and that's about all I need.

It is possible I will need to remove one person from our reservation (we are 4 now) before the PIF date, but other than that there will not be any changes.

Very frustrated about poor service. What would you do, or has anyone been in a similar situation with a non responsive TA?

You are upset that it is taking longer to hear from the TA after contacting before cruises were released? Perhaps you should send an email now that things should have slowed down. Is it possible that with all of the booking clients, your email was possibly overlooked while handling multiple days of cruise releases? Do you think that TAs do not have time off? You are new to this TA and it was insane with the number of people booking new sailings this past week. I think I would send another email and see if things get better from here on out.

You don't need any info from the agent. Just put her name down when you book onboard. when you get home email her to make sure she got the booking.

We've booked onboard many times and transferred the reservation to a DU TA. The way it works is:

First, you have book while onboard the ship (and pay your deposit). That is what gives you the 10% fare discount and DCL's OBC.

At that time, you can state that you'd like to transfer your booking to a specific agent or just to Dreams Unlimited in general. However, it is up to you to email the agent/agency when you return from your cruise to tell him/her your DCL reservation number. I also include the date of sailing and itinerary information.

It can take a couple of days, but they will send you a confirmation email with instructions on how to access your reservation on the DU website. They will give you a DU reservation number (this is for their records and you will still also have the DCL reservation number). This is what entitles you to DU's OBC and possibly a gift basket.

Please be aware that there are some stipulations on who DU can send gift baskets to. I've copied and pasted this link https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...isers-who-dont-live-in-the-us-canada.3560755/
where Webmaster John explains how DU's gift baskets work:

The gift bags are mailed to all Dreams Unlimited Travel clients sailing on ANY Disney Cruise Line sailing regardless of length of cruise or departure port who live in US or Canada.

If you do not live in the US or Canada we have some options for you:
- if you are staying in the Disney area, or Port Canaveral area, pre-cruise we can have the gift bag delivered to your resort
- if you are driving to the port, or taking private transportation, you can stop in our Welcome Center to pick up your gift bag. Our Welcome Center is staffed on days when the Disney ships are in port.

Since all gift bags are customized based on your party size and who's traveling we will need to know in advance if you would like it delivered to a resort or you will pick it up.

Please make sure you contact your DU agent and he/she will let our gift bag team know your plans so they can be prepared to make sure you get your gift bag.

I wish we could go back to delivering these to the staterooms but unfortunately Disney Cruise Line will no longer allow this.

Hope this helps! Good luck and I hope you have a fantastic cruise!! :)

You cannot add an agent to a booking made on board unless she was the agent you used to book the current cruise you are on. You would book as normal and then transfer to the agent within 30 days of making the reservation.
The OBC offered possibly could be less on a transferred cruise because the commission paid out is less on a transferred cruise than a direct booking.
You most likely have not heard from her because there is nothing she can do for you at this point in time.

We've booked onboard many times and transferred the reservation to a DU TA. The way it works is:

First, you have book while onboard the ship (and pay your deposit). That is what gives you the 10% fare discount and DCL's OBC.

At that time, you can state that you'd like to transfer your booking to a specific agent or just to Dreams Unlimited in general. However, it is up to you to email the agent/agency when you return from your cruise to tell him/her your DCL reservation number. I also include the date of sailing and itinerary information.

It can take a couple of days, but they will send you a confirmation email with instructions on how to access your reservation on the DU website. They will give you a DU reservation number (this is for their records and you will still also have the DCL reservation number). This is what entitles you to DU's OBC and possibly a gift basket.

Please be aware that there are some stipulations on who DU can send gift baskets to. I've copied and pasted this link https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...isers-who-dont-live-in-the-us-canada.3560755/
where Webmaster John explains how DU's gift baskets work:

The gift bags are mailed to all Dreams Unlimited Travel clients sailing on ANY Disney Cruise Line sailing regardless of length of cruise or departure port who live in US or Canada.

If you do not live in the US or Canada we have some options for you:
- if you are staying in the Disney area, or Port Canaveral area, pre-cruise we can have the gift bag delivered to your resort
- if you are driving to the port, or taking private transportation, you can stop in our Welcome Center to pick up your gift bag. Our Welcome Center is staffed on days when the Disney ships are in port.

Since all gift bags are customized based on your party size and who's traveling we will need to know in advance if you would like it delivered to a resort or you will pick it up.

Please make sure you contact your DU agent and he/she will let our gift bag team know your plans so they can be prepared to make sure you get your gift bag.

I wish we could go back to delivering these to the staterooms but unfortunately Disney Cruise Line will no longer allow this.

Hope this helps! Good luck and I hope you have a fantastic cruise!! :)

I thought if you had booked the cruise you are on with a TA anything booked on board was automatically assigned to them unless you jumped through hoops to have them not named on the new one.

I thought if you had booked the cruise you are on with a TA anything booked on board was automatically assigned to them unless you jumped through hoops to have them not named on the new one.

Yes, that is the process. For example, you sail without an agent in April 2018 but want to purchase a placeholder or book on board for benefits.. you would transfer the cruise within 30 days to the agent of your choice.
If you are on a cruise and wish to remove the agent who booked you on that April 2018 cruise, you can do that with no problem and then transfer to another agent/agency within 30 days of booking. The reservation goes back to DCL when you have an agent removed.
Sometimes agents are removed by "accident" and then the guest has to transfer the booking to the agent anyway. And yes, this happens more frequently than one would like.

I think the OP did not use a TA for the April 2018 cruise but does want to use one for the 2019 cruise which she will be booking onboard. But if you did use a TA for a cruise and want to book an OBB, you are asked if you want to use the same travel agent. Your options are to use the same agent or name no agent and transfer afterwards.

Yes, that is the process. For example, you sail without an agent in April 2018 but want to purchase a placeholder or book on board for benefits.. you would transfer the cruise within 30 days to the agent of your choice.
If you are on a cruise and wish to remove the agent who booked you on that April 2018 cruise, you can do that with no problem and then transfer to another agent/agency within 30 days of booking. The reservation goes back to DCL when you have an agent removed.
Sometimes agents are removed by "accident" and then the guest has to transfer the booking to the agent anyway. And yes, this happens more frequently than one would like.

Ok. But let's say I'm on a cruise in Feb 2019 that I booked through an agent - and I WANT to use her for the booking I'm making on board. Doesn't it automatically go to her?

True, I use DU and everytime I book onboard, the cm always says, do you want this to go to Kristie, my TA. When I buy placeholders, there is a box you can check that ask if you want the placeholder to go to your TA. I generally double check with her after I return home. OP, sorry to hear you’re having problems. Hopefully someone from DU will contact you.

Ok. But let's say I'm on a cruise in Feb 2019 that I booked through an agent - and I WANT to use her for the booking I'm making on board. Doesn't it automatically go to her?

Yes, most of the time it does. There have been occasions where the booking was lost to the agent and had to be transferred anyway. It is best to double check with the on board agent to make sure that your agent is noted on your reservation and that you want to keep her. Also, when you get home, check with the agent to make sure that she got the confirmation email.

True, I use DU and everytime I book onboard, the cm always says, do you want this to go to Kristie, my TA. When I buy placeholders, there is a box you can check that ask if you want the placeholder to go to your TA. I generally double check with her after I return home. OP, sorry to hear you’re having problems. Hopefully someone from DU will contact you.

Yes, most of the time it does. There have been occasions where the booking was lost to the agent and had to be transferred anyway. It is best to double check with the on board agent to make sure that your agent is noted on your reservation and that you want to keep her. Also, when you get home, check with the agent to make sure that she got the confirmation email.

Awesome! Thank you!!

Small world replied with the form I need to transfer to them once I book onboard. I replied back and forth, and they emailed back within a few hours - or sooner -every time.
Will use them.

Again, being in commission business to business sales myself, I understand how it can get very busy.
There are days I have too many emails to answer but I answer every one of them. Often during non-working hours - though I'm not required to do that- since it affects my commission.

On the rare times I go on vacation, I have another rep monitor so no customers have to wait more than a few hours for a reply.
One of the first things we learned was not to tell customers we are "busy" as that is a signal for them to go elsewhere.
That was a red flag when she said that.

When I was new to sales, over 15 yrs ago, we would get in trouble if we used that word - "busy" - to a customer. Even if we were super busy, we could not use it.

There's no excuse not to reply, and I should not have to email a supervisor to hear back in a timely manner.

It sounds harsh but it's reality.
If it's not important to her to get back to me after 2 days (4 counting weekend), it's not important to me either.

I'm sure some would disagree. I should not have to work that hard just to get a cruise transferred to a TA - who will make a small commission for doing almost nothing - because I don't need any other questions answered or assistance.

Small world replied with the form I need to transfer to them once I book onboard. I replied back and forth, and they emailed back within a few hours - or sooner -every time.
Will use them.

Again, being in commission business to business sales myself, I understand how it can get very busy.
There are days I have too many emails to answer but I answer every one of them. Often during non-working hours - though I'm not required to do that- since it affects my commission.

On the rare times I go on vacation, I have another rep monitor so no customers have to wait more than a few hours for a reply.
One of the first things we learned was not to tell customers we are "busy" as that is a signal for them to go elsewhere.
That was a red flag when she said that.

When I was new to sales, over 15 yrs ago, we would get in trouble if we used that word - "busy" - to a customer. Even if we were super busy, we could not use it.

There's no excuse not to reply, and I should not have to email a supervisor to hear back in a timely manner.

It sounds harsh but it's reality.
If it's not important to her to get back to me after 2 days (4 counting weekend), it's not important to me either.

I'm sure some would disagree. I should not have to work that hard just to get a cruise transferred to a TA - who will make a small commission for doing almost nothing - because I don't need any other questions answered or assistance.

I totally agree with you. A quick e-mail letting you know the procedure of how to book onboard and how to transfer the reservation to her would have, I believe, sufficed, in this situation. That's an e-mail that takes about a minute of time to produce. By not getting back to you in a timely manner, it sets the tone for the entire pre-cruise experience. Sounds like Small World will handle your transfer and any changes you need to make in a timely manner! I would have gone with them too!

Bummer. That's one thing I like about transferring my bookings to Costco: you don't have to count on/wait for any single agent. You just call in during Costco Travel's regular hours & someone will speak to you. It's a lot like just calling up Disney. No need to worry about annoying a single agent with too many questions/changes, or about not being responded to in time.

And the cash back card is higher than the OBC you'll get from any agency, and you'll get the same amount even if you transfer your Disney-booked cruise to Costco within 30 days. That means you can stack your 8% Costco cash card on top of a 10% Disney OBB discount. It's hard to beat that.

What did I do? Let DU know I didn’t need their service (they never responded until after I send them a “nevermind” email) and started booking through costcotravel.com.

I have no need for the things I’ve seen in the basket, and Costco gives a gift card that’s about 8% of the cruise fare. And you can transfer to them within 30 days and get ALL of the gift card.

(edited the last sentence...it’s been awhile since I used them for Disney, and with royal Costco does give obc not the gift card, so I was confused for a minute)

Yup, this. We’re not Costco members anymore but did Costco in the past and we were even able to walk in and exchange the $800 gift card for cash.

Added to that - we live in Canada and while the gift basket was cute, I had to pay $20+ in duties to pick it up from the post office. The stuff in it was cute but not worth $20. We have another cruise booked thru DU this summer - i’ll be emailing them in advance to say thanks, no thanks re the basket. It’s a great and thoughtful idea but not necessary given the cost to ship and the cost to pick up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter