Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Deluxe Disney Dining Plan Information | 11/12/18

I think this is a very useful episode and I think the team covered what can be a complicated topic pretty well

The only thing I would add is, as with any of the dining plans, it matters as much "how" you eat as it does "where" or "what" you eat. As Tracey said "for most people that plan to eat a sit down meal every day it usually makes sense to get the dining plan" - I would at that it does IF you plan to eat as it is laid out as what comes with your meal. So for the deluxe, is everyone in your party going to want an appetizer, and an entree, and a dessert, and a drink? For every meal? If so, then it definitely can work - but we often will just get appetizers, or split an entree, etc. So we have found the dining plan is too restrictive for us - but I know a TON of families for who the plan makes a ton of sense

So the question of "should I get the dining plan" is definitely not a simple "Yes" or "No" for every family - think about how YOUR family wants to eat while at WDW and then see if it makes sense for you to get it

I eat a lot at WDW and every plate I touch at WDW is taken away clean, but the Deluxe Dining plan seems like WAY too much food!

I appreciated the tip about about using 1 QS credit for 3 snacks. Nice to know theres some versatility.

We've done the deluxe plan once (before our youngest turned 10). Mainly because we were planning on doing a few 2 credit meals (CRT, Le Cellier, etc.) on that trip. Our preference for each day is a TS breakfast, some snacks during the day, and then a TS dinner. I wish there was an "in between" plan from the regular and deluxe plans that was 2 TS credits per day. We never eat a full lunch - TS or QS. A few times we may go to a QS location around lunch time and order 2 meals to share between the 4 of us as a hybrid lunch/snack. I could never see us (or pretty much anyone) eating 3 full meals a day at WDW. Like they said on the show...not only too much food, but even more importantly, too much time. So to me, it only makes sense if you plan on eating at several signature dining venues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter