Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Things to Consider When Traveling Overseas | 05/27/19

Watched this episode during lunch today and found it helpful. I've downloaded the app John suggested and thought if anyone is looking for topic ideas, a show dedicated to helpful travel apps would be popular and practical. Something like "what is on our phone" when we travel. A few I use are google maps, world clock, google translate, accuweather and earthquake alert. Yes, the alarm has gone off for minor quakes in both Italy and Turkey. Eternal fire (fireplace app) is fun & a novelty if you have space and are flying to cold/rainy climes. Probably better apps with more realistic graphics out there. Kindle always a good idea. Helpful apps for Orlando and in WDW parks would also be a great topic.

We just got back from a cruise on Royal Caribbean (Greek Isle tour from Venice, booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel), and an app I found helpful was Google translate. It translates conversations, text, and even signs through your camera. I downloaded Italian and Greek prior to traveling, and also downloaded a map of Venice, though we never used it. Another thing that was helpful was getting the international plan through our providers. I have AT&T, and it cost me $10/day to access my local plan, which allowed me to use a lot of data, text pictures, and check my online media & emails.

We just got back from a cruise on Royal Caribbean (Greek Isle tour from Venice, booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel), and an app I found helpful was Google translate. It translates conversations, text, and even signs through your camera. I downloaded Italian and Greek prior to traveling, and also downloaded a map of Venice, though we never used it. Another thing that was helpful was getting the international plan through our providers. I have AT&T, and it cost me $10/day to access my local plan, which allowed me to use a lot of data, text pictures, and check my online media & emails.
Wow! Sounds like a stunning trip!!!

It was!!! There were 10 of us, and we spent 3 nights in Venice, and 7-night cruise through the Greek Isles. I'm so glad I went on this trip. Also, our Dreams agent, Tammy Omar, was wonderful for our RCL cruise.
She was on at least one of the Dreams, shows, right? I definitely remember hearing that name. I would LOVE to do Greece someday - if I would be able to with my mobility issues would be another story........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter