Dreams Unlimited??

kcatoir

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering about your experiences using Dreams unlimited, for last cruise we used local TA.

Would like to year pro's and con's, problems and compliments.

Are they pretty good at finding the lowest available price?
Anyone have a particular agent they just love??
Any problems getting docs?
Are they good about communicating back if you need help, have questions, make changes ect....

Thanks for your responses

We have used Dreams for 3 of our cruises and 2 land-based vacations.

I think in the past there have always been agents that may have a lower price but not as good a service. If I remember correctly Dreams has been buying up more blocks of rooms to compete in that market. They almost always offer a rebate as well that lowers the cost.

Every agent we have ever worked with has been fantastic and they help each other out a great deal. We are currently using Donna for our cruise vacations and Regina for our land-based one. I sent a note to Regina with payement while she was out and Donna got back to me within an hour on a weekend.

Great service! Never had a problem getting our docs in a very timely manner because the docs come right from DCL - not from Dreams.

We have used Dreams to book our last two cruises. Let's see pros and cons:

Pros: Very quick with the email replies and answering questions. No problems (yet) with getting documents...our docs for this cruise won't come for a bit yet.

Cons: Sometimes it is easier to have a local TA if you have special needs or something for your cruise. We have not, therefore emails and phone calls were fine. They do not verify flight information or reserve seats if you book DCL air...a local TA would. Nor will they book air if you choose to do this seperately. Dreams will not verify info on documents since they are sent directly to the customer. (I will mention here that these are NOT issues for us, but may be for someone else)

Do they offer a substantial discount...no. Other than the $200 instant rebate, the price was exactly that of the cruiseline. But, hey...$200 is $200.:)

The only problem I experienced this time was getting shuffled between TA's, but Tammy has been absolutely wonderful so can't complain there either.

Final thoughts: They are prompt, friendly and concerned about helping you make the best choices for your vacation. (please note this is NOT a paid advertisement nor endorsement...LOL)

HTH
Lisa

PROS: I've used DU twice now and the service has been oustanding as far as I'm concerned. This last time Tammy tried every which way she could to get us a room for two days before our cruise at the best discount possible. I truly applaud that!

CONS: Only thing comes to mind is giving up the total control you have booking everything on your own. This is true when using any TA though.

For land based disney vacations, I would def. use Dreams. They are very helpful and watch for "codes" to come out to lower your vacation cost.

For cruise vacations, Dreams does not have the lowest prices. They can usually save you at least $200 off a cruise, but I have found other agents who have saved me 3x that.

I've used Dreams for one WDW vacation and two cruises. My current booking was booked with a $100 shipboard credit and an instant $200 rebate for one room and a little less for the connecting room.

I've gotten quick replies to all my e-mails and questions. I've had no problems with them and if you can book during one of their promotions, the savings are substantial.

The documents will be sent directly from DCL, not Dreams.

5 out of 6 cruise we have used Dreams ,,,
no complaints here have to go pack ....lol

Peter/Jenn...Have a great time;)

It seemed so long ago for dry dock to be over, and now here it is

Have Fun

Joanna

thank U we will .... was so much fun on the first ever western ....... peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter