Dreams Villas. Dealing with a company, but treated like a friend.

NJmouse 2

Earning My Ears
In January 2020 we made reservations for a seven night stay at Dreams Vilas for April 2020. On February 22nd Dreams Villas received the signed rental agreement from me. Additionally on February 22nd we paid the balance of the villa rental and security deposit. According to the rental agreement if I cancel the vacation after the final payment we only receive a refund of the security deposit. Then on March 9th I sent the following email.

“Hello Dreams Villas
We have been watching the news closely concerning the Covid-19 virus. My wife and I are both in our late 50’s. I am a medically disabled veteran and I have more than one pre-existing medical complication. Unfortunately we have to cancel our reservation. It’s not worth the risk to my wife's or my health. I know you have a no refund policy and we made our decision to cancel knowing that we would lose what we paid for the room minus the deposit. I ask you to please consider a compromise. I propose that you allow us to reschedule the vacation for sometime within the next 12 months, providing you have openings. This way we still get the trip when it is safer for us, well mostly me, to do so. I understand that you are a business and if what I suggested is not feasible then I understand.”

The next day we received the following email from Dreams Villas.

“We completely understand your concerns and want you to stay healthy. We will cancel your reservation and gladly waive all fees. You will receive an automated email from our system about the cancellation. All monies paid will be credited to the credit card you used originally. Please note that this can take some time and we appreciate your patience while we work through the process.
We hope you consider Dreams Villas of Orlando for a future vacation.
Sincerely,
The Team at Dreams Villas of Orlando, Inc.”

All of this was before there was any real talk of the country closing down and even before the NBA actually did close down. We were only entitled to the refund of the security deposit if we canceled the reservation after final payment. My wife and I were expecting to lose the seven night rental fee but we decided it was our only option. Within a week we received the refund. It really shows that Dreams Villas considers you as a person first and a customer second. We almost exclusively stay at Shades of Green so we haven’t used Dreams Unlimited Travel. I believe that this caring philosophy carries over to Dreams Unlimited Travel. I will be using and recommending both for future trips. I would like to thank the team at Dreams Villas for their uncommon kindness.
Sincerely
Scott and Karen at the Jersey Shore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter