Dress Code for Remy Dessert Tasting

Jeanwill

Earning My Ears
We just made reservations for the Remy Dessert Tasting. This is a daytime event. What is the appropriate dress for both men and women? Is it more casual than dinner? I’m packing and I’m not sure what to bring for my husband and I.
Thanks?

We just made reservations for the Remy Dessert Tasting. This is a daytime event. What is the appropriate dress for both men and women? Is it more casual than dinner? I’m packing and I’m not sure what to bring for my husband and I.
Thanks?
From the DCL website:
Brunch and Dessert
During brunch and dessert, the following dress code is enforced:

• Men: Dress pants and a shirt are required for men. A jacket is optional. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
  • Women: A dress or pantsuit is required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/remy-restaurant/

We did the dessert tasting at Remy this last week and the dress code was not as formal as at night. I don't think any of the guys has taken coat on and only a couple in ties. My wife had a skirt and blouse on and that fit what others had as well. The tasting was amazing. The techniques are incredible. Plus the presentation is a lot of fun.

Thank you. That helps a lot. I just didn’t know if my husband would feel out of place without a coat. We are looking forward to it!

We did the Remy Dessert a few years ago and they turned away one young man for being in a T-shirt and flip flops. He ran as fast as he could to change.

I loved this event, it was so much fun, the chef's were a lot of fun with each other and the servers.

Enjoy!

Yes, a t-shirt and flip flops would not have worked. The interaction between the chef and sommelier was so much fun! It is true fine dining desserts done Disney style. Not just the food but entertainment too.

Both the brunch and dessert are more casual than dinner. I don't think any of the men present had jackets for brunch and dessert but they all did at dinner. I had a summer dress that I wore for dessert (and Palo brunch), a cocktail length (not too fancy) dress for brunch and a longer dress for dinner (that I also used for Palo dinner) but I probably could have managed with just two dresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter