Dressing "too provocatively" at Golden Corral

I’ll risk getting flamed here but she’s simply too overweight for that outfit. Body shape does make a difference. Skinny women with no thigh rub can get away wearing shorter things. I myself am considered obese and that outfit is a big no. .

The problem is that society in general has no clue. Their biases are usually way off base and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I’ll risk getting flamed here but she’s simply too overweight for that outfit. Body shape does make a difference. Skinny women with no thigh rub can get away wearing shorter things. I myself am considered obese and that outfit is a big no. .
I’m not going to flame you but this just means it’s a “big no” for you. At least from the photo shown the bits that need to be covered were. There’s no law stating big women can’t wear crop tops and shorts. It doesn’t really matter if you don’t like it. If you wouldn’t ask the in shape size 2 to leave then you can’t ask the bigger girl to leave either.

One time I went to a restaurant where, unbeknownst to me, jackets were required for gentlemen, and I wasn’t wearing one, but fortunately the restaurant kept a couple of spare jackets on hand for people to borrow when needed. If this Golden Corral similarly had some relaxed fit muumuu dresses available to borrow, the problem could have been solved.

Question 1: When did the Golden Trough become that upscale?
Question 2: Who in their right mind voluntarily goes there?
Question 3: Does that woman look in the mirror before she leaves the house?
Question 4: Why is she taking a pic in the mirror? Is she 14? I couldn't tell if she made a duck face?

Question 1: When did the Golden Trough become that upscale?
Question 3: Does that woman look in the mirror before she leaves the house?
Question 4: Why is she taking a pic in the mirror? Is she 14? I couldn't tell if she made a duck face?

Regarding 1, 3 & 4: Never; yes she apparently likes how she looks in that outfit for some reason; and I think the answer to 4 is kind of related to the problem with 3.

Regarding 2: The last time I was in a Golden Corral was actually in Lake Buena Vista in January 2014. DW and I were helping DS get settled in for the CP. We'd driven all day, we'd never been on 535 before, it was dark, it was raining buckets and we hadn't eaten since that morning. We saw a Golden Corral and thought "Well, we don't know what else there is around here, let's go in." Big mistake--instantly reminded me why it had been years since we'd been to a GC. We ate what we thought we could eat without catching something and left. In the light of day the next day we saw there were so many other options on 535 that would've been better. So for us, I guess we weren't in our right mind--we were tired, hungry and couldn't see. :D

Last edited:
One time I went to a restaurant where, unbeknownst to me, jackets were required for gentlemen, and I wasn’t wearing one, but fortunately the restaurant kept a couple of spare jackets on hand for people to borrow when needed. If this Golden Corral similarly had some relaxed fit muumuu dresses available to borrow, the problem could have been solved.
That really would have solved all the issues lol

As someone who has never visited a buffet outside of Disney, I’ve always kind of assumed that Golden Corral is similar to Chef Mickey’s, but without the characters. Reading this thread, I’m starting to think I may have been a bit off the mark in this assumption.

th2H1B4538.jpg

It is not my style to let it all hang out but honestly the outfit is not terrible.
If she were stick thin the shorts likely would not be THAT short and the shirt would probably not reveal THAT much cleavage.
But I'm there for food not to pay attention to what someone else happens to be wearing.

1. Golden Corral is no different than any other buffet including Disney.

2. Maybe her rear end was sticking out of the bottom of those shorts. Looks like that's possible. If her butt was hanging out and she was near the food that's nasty!

3. Her outfit seems more conservative than some I saw a couple of week ago at universal (no bra, wearing a tight, white tank top :crazy2: ). But I agree it's much too small for her.

2. Maybe her rear end was sticking out of the bottom of those shorts. Looks like that's possible. If her butt was hanging out and she was near the food that's nasty!

3. Her outfit seems more conservative than some I saw a couple of week ago at universal (no bra, wearing a tight, white tank top :crazy2: ). But I agree it's much too small for her.
Coming from the buffet capital of the world I see all buffets, even the fancy “upscale” ones we have here in the same light-:sick:. That woman’s rear end is probably on the lighter side of nasty when it comes to what goes through those lines.

I have to put a good word in for Golden Corral. We have Golden Corrals here in Wisconsin that are quite nice for a buffet. The restaurants are clean, the servers are nice, the food is fresh and it's actually good. It's not all garbage. They have a pretty extensive salad bar with other healthy food, including hand cut meat at dinner. However, have you been to the ones near Disney? They are soooo nasty. We went twice (I didn't learn my lesson the first time) and won't ever be back. It was understaffed and filthy because they didn't have enough people to clean up after the customer slobs. In addition, they couldn't keep up with demand and many of the items were empty and when they were filled they were instantly attacked by the hungry hoards.

Aside from being not an age appropriate outfit, she’s not a teen, it’s nothing that should have caused her to be thrown out of Golden Coral. The person who complained should be the one to leave. Who does she think she is? The fashion police? I’ve seen more revealing clothing. Aside from showing a LITTLE cleavage it’s not particularly revealing.
It wasn’t like she was dressing just to go out for dinner, they had a full day of children’s activities they were doing.
What offends me is men wearing Speedo’s :crazy2:

That said (I hit post reply too soon!), I'm not one who likes the look of clothing that's too revealing, but I respect people's right to wear it. I also don't think that was a flattering outfit on that young lady, but if some are allowed to wear it, than others should be, too, if they're comfortable in it and like it, etc.

I have to put a good word in for Golden Corral. We have Golden Corrals here in Wisconsin that are quite nice for a buffet. The restaurants are clean, the servers are nice, the food is fresh and it's actually good. It's not all garbage. They have a pretty extensive salad bar with other healthy food, including hand cut meat at dinner. However, have you been to the ones near Disney? They are soooo nasty. We went twice (I didn't learn my lesson the first time) and won't ever be back. It was understaffed and filthy because they didn't have enough people to clean up after the customer slobs. In addition, they couldn't keep up with demand and many of the items were empty and when they were filled they were instantly attacked by the hungry hoards.

We went to one in Gatlinburg too that we liked, it was clean and there were plenty of options for healthier things to eat: vegetables, fruit, fish, grilled chicken. We went to another location and it was probably more like what people here are describing, not appetizing at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter