Dressing up for Galaxy's Edge

I think so. They sounded pretty strict about costumes Online, but by my fourth visit to Star Wars galaxies edge in January, I saw adults in stuff that definitely has been listed as not allowed. Not masks or anything like that, but pretty awesome Disney Bounds. A 12-year-old should totally be fine. This picture is probably terrible but these are all guests Bounding. View attachment 507182
She is going to do her hair, but probably not have a blaster unless we find one. She is a tall 12 year old, but sounds like she could be fine.

She is going to do her hair, but probably not have a blaster unless we find one. She is a tall 12 year old, but sounds like she could be fine.

Blasters are not allowed regardless of age. No toy weapons that exist in some form in real life. So no western guns for Woody’s or blasters for SW, but lightsabers are allowed because they don’t exist irl and Disney wants to sell them.

Blasters are not allowed regardless of age. No toy weapons that exist in some form in real life. So no western guns for Woody’s or blasters for SW, but lightsabers are allowed because they don’t exist irl and Disney wants to sell them.
Thanks for the info. I’m surprised that Woodys toy gun isn’t even allowed .

I think Disney's official guidelines are extremely murky. One of the photos is very close to one of Rey's costumes from the movie. Having said that, I have definitely seen a lot of flexibility at Disneyland in terms of what they're allowing, including guests with Jedi or Sith robes that went very low, but not quite to the ground. Maybe it was because of Halloween and/or the opening weekend for The Rise of Skywalker, but I certainly saw full on costumes being allowed. That said, I would not risk the full on costume thing especially with the challenges in obtaining RotR boarding groups.

I went with some friends and they were in Battu inspired costumes, but not close to the actual CM costumes. Colors are encouraged. My own costume was very akin to traditional Jedi tunic and tabbards, but I chose my school colors of dark royal blue and royal blue so as to not cause any confusion. They'll allow a lot, but you also need to be very different from characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!