Dressing up

skoi

DIS Veteran
I've read the dress requirement posts, but I have a question. How do people actually dress on formal or semi-formal night? We really like to get dressed up, especially mom, dd(8), and ds (4). Will there be grown ups in gowns, little girls in big poufy dresses like on the Love Boat? You can see we've never been on a cruise before.:rolleyes: We're used to looking a little odd, but we don't want to be uncomfortable by showing up "over dressed"

Thanks.

Julie

There's no such thing as being overdressed for formal or semi-formal night on the Disney Cruise. Some choose not to be so fancy and that's fine with me, but many adults and kids do "dress" for the occasion. It's breathtaking to see the young girls in their formals!

Hi there..

There were lots of sparkles and pouffy dresses (lkike the love boat) on the formal night... men in tuxedos too!

But alot of people are still "resort casual" too.... don't worry about it - dress how you want to - you will not be out of place and it is great to have some nice photos taken when everyone is together and looking smashing!

You only live once...

>>^..^<<

I always dress in a long gown as do my DD's 19 and 15. They usually wear their prom/homecoming dresses which we all love because they are getting more wear out of them!!!

MJ

How about the little 3-4 year old girls? We have just about every dress up costume from the disney store... like Belle, Snow White, Tink, Aurora, etc. Have you seen these worn on formal night?

We've seen alot of little girls in their Princess dresses on formal night. They look so cute.

Yes, I have seen little girls always dressed in their costumes. They look lovely and the princesses onboard always make the little girls feel special. I have definately seen them wear their princess "gowns" to formal and semi-formal as well as seeing them dress up when they get in line for the autographs!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter