Drink Drank Not Even Drunk. Updated 5/17

xoSamma

DIS Veteran
Drink Drank Not Even Drunk

Get ready for the magic—A spectacle beyond compare.
There’s romance and adventure, there’s laughter and much more.
With our imaginations, imagine what’s in store!
Join the party, a castle party. You’re all invited to come and join the fun!
So let’s get started. So much to do.
Come join the party, Where dreams really do come true!

Sam

25421090667_e555232e2b.jpg

I’m Sam, I’m a proud AP holder and I’m basically always in Disney.

Erin

26419920128_2a5d0538bc.jpg

Erin is the birthday girl of the trip, the big 2-1! She is also an AP holder and slowly but surely becoming more and more of a Disney fan.

Garrett and KC (Kiss)

40247125942_c3121ca008.jpg

THE BOYS! Kiss is my brother, another AP holder, and always appreciates a good disney meal. Garrett would consider himself the group punching bag of the trip…which he only says this because he isn’t a disney fanatic like some of us.

When: January 10-14
Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Why: Erin’s 21st Birthday!!!

Honey I'm Home!

Like every trip report I have written, I like to start off with how the trip came to be. After our January 2017 trip, my family loved that time of the year to go, the weather was great, the holiday crowds were gone, and I become obsessed with the festival of the arts. So with that being said we always had it planned to go back the following January. Once summer hit we started looking into it more and one day as I snuck onto the hub to look of CM discounts I saw that the new WL lodge cabins were available for the cast discount. My family was immediately sold, so we planned to do that.
Well life threw us a major curve ball come September and we knew that our parents wouldn't be joining in on the January trip. After our short trip for Halloween, my sister Alicia (Alish) warned me I should really start looking into rooms for January since the holiday discount was out. The options were limited, especially when it came to the time we planned to go. The first one that popped up was AKL and I wasn't complaining since it was still on my list of places to stay.
Last year we celebrated KC and Garrett’s 21st birthday, this year we were celebrating Erin’s 21st. Bring on the monorail crawl, jellyrolls and drinking around the world!

January 10, 2018…IT’S A DISNEY DAY!!!!

Unlike many trips in the past, I didn’t wake up at an ungodly hour to get to the airport. While I was sad about that the cost of the ticket to leave later was a better deal. So while I thought I was able to get some extra sleep that didn’t seem to be the case since Erin decided she wanted to knock off a thing from her bucket list and fly alone. So at 7am she was texting me saying she was in Chicago. And on her flight to florida she made a new friend that decided to fall asleep on her

40247319942_c9ba5e69af.jpg

Since I was already a wake from chatting with Erin I decided to just get ready, and wait for the boys. Garrett ended up arriving at our home around 8:15. And our plan was to leave by 8:30. Before we left I made sure to say bye to my favorite at gramma, which of course the first thing she asked was what I was going to bring her home. But I warned her that she needed to behave for my mother and not give her a hard time with her nighttime routine since I wouldn't be there to put her to bed for the next couple days, and if she was good then there was a good chance I would bring her something home.
We got to the airport around 9, grabbed some tim horton, and joined all the families with littles getting ready to head off to the most magical place on earth.

39579069234_b23e3bb9bb.jpg

Next thing we knew we were boarding the plane and off to Orlando. The flight was like any other plane ride to Disney, uneventful with a side of a nap.
By noon we have landed!

39579076874_72b6c29d8a.jpg

Now normally I head straight to the ME with no little stops in-between. However this time was different, in was lunch time and I was ready to eat. So I headed to the food court to get some chickfila while the boys got some panda express. I thought my line was long…but the panda express line was even longer. So while I waited I got a nice talking to by my sister. The rule with CM discounts is that the CM needs to be there to check in, but there has been times when she never checked us in and our room was ready. But I just wanted to play it safe, and apparently when she got there the room was already ready so she didn’t even need to make a trip over to AKL before work, my bad.
The boys finally got there food, we were off to the ME and on our way to Disney. Apparent’y I wasn’t even paying attention, when Kiss turned to me and goes “Where is Carissa?”
Disney updated the video and Carissa is no more! New Year New Disney and I’m ok with this decision! I was literally so excited that I texted Erin right away and asked her to turn on the TV right away to see if Stacy was still there….turns our she still is….
AKL was the first stop and it was time to find our room and find Erin. We were in the ostrich trail, and spoiler alert the savannah room is not worth the money in my opinion (I would be super mad if I paid 60% more than what I paid)
Since we followed the “no eating on the motor coach” rule we quickly ate our lunch before heading off to the kingdom. On the way to the bus stop we were all trying to figure out the plan for the night…rest of the trip, and i swear we all need hearing aids because it was a constant “what?” “wait what” “what did you say?” by the looks of it, it was going to be a long trip.
When we made it to the kingdom we had one mission and that was to ride space mountain. However we arrived earlier than planned so I tried having Erin pick what we do today since it was her birthday. When walking down main street we saw everyone lining up for FoF and I told Erin we could watch it if she wanted…once again it was her birthday. So as much as I said “What do you want to do?” it always ended up with “I don’t know, I just come to Disney and follow you”
Since no one was making any suggestions, I headed to tomorrowland and to the people mover. It was a perfect no wait, enough time to waste as we wait for our fastpass. And it was a nice trip around tomorrowland before we made our way into space.
Right after the people mover we headed straight for space mountain.

40245419742_a4e9993915.jpg

21 changed Erin, cause when it came to “who is willing to ride by themselves” she jumped at the opportunity.

39579071324_0435e9228e.jpg

Prepare for launch…but honestly I was just so happy being back in the kingdom

39580684824_f219f4f787.jpg

39394773655_638cfc9c6a.jpg

This trip around space had us laughing so hard. First we heard major screams coming from our rocket, then I hear Garret say “Is that Erin?!” I was dying because the child behind her sounded like she was dying. So as I was laughing during the whole ride once we got off Erin’s face was so unimpressed with the screaming child sitting behind her.
Like I said earlier Space was our only mission for the moment. So it was goodbye tomorrowland, goodbye magic kingdom. On our way out we heard the trumpets and the start of FoF making its way to Main Street. I put out there that we could stay and watch if Erin wanted to watch it, however she said we could leave and beat the crowd out.
We didn’t get far before I stopped our group to take some photos of an empty MK entrance.
(because Kiss is always willing to take photos but will likely take selfie…and apparently random photos of garrett)

39392911425_22c7c89594.jpg

40245422012_e3b6c7603e.jpg

And if you didn’t already know, this place makes me the happiest

38480599500_290721d11f.jpg

25419304907_86b236f8f7.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:

Seven Seas Lagoon With A Side Of Amoebas

Our reason for rushing out of Mk so fast was check off the first round of drinking for this trip off our list. Tonight was dedicated to the monorail crawl and make it back to the kingdom for the fireworks. I had two different options we could go about it, the first way was not as practical but it was skip the contemporary and head straight to the poly to be the first in line to get into trader Sam’s right at 4, then backtrack to the contemporary to try and get up to the California grill lounge (because who doesn’t like the view of the kingdom there?) which opens at 5 and then finish with the Gflo. Or we could go around the monorail loop like normal people and miss out on the Cali lounge.
We decided to go less complex and go with option 2. And with one quick hop on the monorail we arrived at the contemporary. The boys headed straight to the outer rim, but little did they know I was planning on going to the wave lounge, which was a bit more classier.
Once arriving to the Wave Erin goes “I thought this was a spa…”

25473044717_c5bf2f5ba1.jpg

My whole reason for going here was to get the Seven Seas Lagoon - Skyy Vodka, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, lime and pineapple juices, soda water, and agave. It also comes with sweddish fish, peach gummy rings, and bursting bobas.

39633887134_7c6a1d41fc.jpg

Cheers to 21 years! Here’s to Erin’s first legal big girl drink

25476405277_02b71a6ca0.jpg

Overall the Seven Seas Lagoon didn’t disappoint, who knew some amoeba infested water could be so good?! However the only downfall was the bobas. I’m a big fan of bobas but when it came to this drink the straw was not wide enough for them. Instead you would just be sucking up the chewy outing of the boba and not get the enjoyment of popping them in your mouth.

40345203201_01468e6938.jpg

The boys did not indulge in a Seven Seas lagoon…probably because they didn’t want to get attacked by the amoeba filled water.
Instead Kiss got a classic Mojito and I honestly don’t know what Garrett got.

40300019062_2b4667cd79.jpg

After what seemed like a never ending fish bowl, we checked the contemporary off our list and headed for the monorail. Next stop the Poly. As we waited at the Ticket and Transportation center I asked Erin if she wanted to walk to the poly. “I thought this was a monorail crawl not a walking thing”
We got to Trader Sam’s around 4:30 and there was already a wait. So we put down our name and now instead of getting a buzzer you get a text message. This was a perfect time to get some food and what better place to eat then at one, if not my favorite quick service on property. This time I questioned out loud if I should try something different and looked at the menu as if I was going too. But both Erin and Kiss said practically at the same time “you’re going to get your nacho” Glad to know I bring people with me who understand my life and my usual order at Captain Cooks.
As we waited for our food Erin got the text saying there was a spot for us in the grotto. For some reason I ended up with her backpack and she went off running to get a spot. We had to wait a bit for our food since they ran out of spicy mayo. As we waited, and the CM kindly bagged up all our meals, Erin called me saying she got a spot outside. Outside?! I never once sat outside, I enjoy the grotto for all the antics that happen inside. So she left the table outside and we met up back in the grotto and stalked a table for a good 5 minutes.
As the group was about to get up another group came strolling in, and you should have seen how upset the girl was with me when I snagged the table. However I didn’t feel bad because they just walked in while we were waiting forever.
My original plan was to get the uh-oa but I’m someone who always end up going with my usual, just like my nachos, I went with what I always get the Krakatoa. Garrett followed in my footsteps while Kiss got the HippopotoMai-Tai and Erin went with the famous Zombie Head

39448047355_2b240a3e4f.jpg

40345198371_8a22195ac0.jpg

Erin was unimpressed with the after taste the zombie had. The zombie is basically all rum and is the strongest drink on the menu here, that being said she was disappointed that she didn’t get the Krakatoa which is more sweet. So after I finished mine Erin was constantly telling me how I could have some of her drink if I wanted. Personally I don’t mind the zombie, its my second most ordered drink here and I’m a nice friend who helps a friend out.
By this point the boys were ordering more drinks and our skipper was over the snow-cano that the Krakatoa brought.

40345203501_f45e93c926.jpg

Trader Sam’s seemed to be a hit all around and the skipper was so excited to have his first 2018 ID he brought out a pearl cup for Erin for her Birthday.
We headed back to Captain Cooks and ate our dinner. The pulled pork nachos are life!

26473953318_ecc2b2fcd8.jpg

And Kiss finally understood why I get and rave about them all the time. You’re Welcome

39633892614_108631d4d0.jpg

Garrett got the coconut curry meatballs which was always something I wanted to try. He was also kind enough to let me try some of his…they were ok.

39633898494_ac3b9154d0.jpg

Erin has her half eaten pizza

40345210501_c663d80f99.jpg

By this point of the night the zombie was slowly hitting Erin but we had one last stop for the night.

38535579230_963e7d283d.jpg

So with that it was back to the monorail and over to the Gflo
“I’m gonna stand to see if I can handle it…” Ok Erin you do you girl.

40300014892_59b6c1f1d0.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:

My whole reason for going here was to get the Seven Seas Lagoon - Skyy Vodka, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, lime and pineapple juices, soda water, and agave. It also comes with sweddish fish, peach gummy rings, and bursting bobas.

39633887134_7c6a1d41fc.jpg
Ok, that looks really good! I may be doing a monorail crawl for drinks and dessert with a disfriend in December, and we are totally getting this!

I’m a big fan of bobas but when it came to this drink the straw was not wide enough for them. Instead you would just be sucking up the chewy outing of the boba and not get the enjoyment of popping them in your mouth.
Well, that sucks! Maybe I'll have to remember to bring a bigger straw :P

I need to put the monorail crawl on my list of things to do. I've done the drinking around EPCOT. Fun times for sure. :drinking1

Looking forward to the rest of your monorail crawl and trip report. Love the picture in the front of MK.

Another Sam report! I am very happy!
YAY! I'm back with another trip! welcome back

Ok, that looks really good! I may be doing a monorail crawl for drinks and dessert with a disfriend in December, and we are totally getting this!

Well, that sucks! Maybe I'll have to remember to bring a bigger straw :P
Trying a dessert from every stop sounds like a great idea!
Yes bring another straw! Maybe by then they will change it?

I need to put the monorail crawl on my list of things to do. I've done the drinking around EPCOT. Fun times for sure. :drinking1
We tried doing it last January and failed, so I had to make sure we went through with it. Drinking around the world was also on our list of things to do this trip.

Looking forward to the rest of your monorail crawl and trip report. Love the picture in the front of MK.
Welcome! Thanks, GoPros are the best for wide lens photos

Monorail Crawl: Complete

Once arriving at the Gflo we headed right to Basin, because the hand scrub is life. Plus its also perfectly located right when you walk in. After, we lost Kiss who wondered the lobby downstairs so in the meantime while we waited Erin and I took the time to get some photo pass photos.

40358731342_1fe8f67a38.jpg

39506562305_2b1b99aa6e.jpg

25531494457_f2fdec1fa1.jpg

The grand band was out and filling with lobby with all their glorious music.
Kiss found his way back to the group and we headed over to Mizner’s lounge

39633898844_1747694e8e.jpg

Not going to lie this was the lounge I wasn’t really looking forward too. But we still needed to go in order to knock off the monorail crawl from our list.
Here I got the Grand Cocktail, it was good, nothing really to rave about

40300018532_8bdd88e5cb.jpg

Kiss got a Makers mark manhattan

40345217071_7de5806bd6.jpg

Erin didn’t know what to order here so we suggested that she try a mascow mule, since she has a love for ginger ale.

39506961265_34f59f6d1f.jpg

40345216631_b04afd1023.jpg

Turns out she was not a fan of the mule at all…so while it may be her birthday I was the one consuming most of her birthday drinks and by the end of the crawl you could say that I was feeling it a bit.
Mizner’s lounge, would I ever go back? Debatable, if for some reason I was doing the monorail crawl again I would, but I wouldn’t make a special trip to go.
That being said once we finished the crawl Erin and I came to the conclusion that we would rather order 3 zombie heads at Trader Sam’s, instead of going to each resort.
With the completion of the crawl, we won a trip to MK for the night!

39506563755_6cb8a90a9b.jpg

Upon arriving at the kingdom we still had a good amount of time before the fireworks. A family from dance was also in disney at this time, so I was texting the one girl about meeting up tonight. They were currently waiting for the fireworks in the hub but once we got into the park the crowds were poppin and once upon a time started. And during the spur of the moment we switched our plans and decided to not watch the fireworks. Instead we headed to mine train, which I had made fastpasses for.
Who would have thought getting a flick card would be so exciting?

39506569915_249534fb0e.jpg

40358733562_2c0bff80f8.jpg

39506572245_9834f7e0f4.jpg

40358734902_7c04e4de9b.jpg

After mine train we headed over to frontier land where we watched Happily Ever After from the bridge, a personal favorite spot to watch if not in front of the castle.
However it is more magical when the boat is in the Rivers Of America

40403092911_a6f9317aeb.jpg

39506570175_8bb410e339.jpg

We didn’t stay long to watch the fireworks because if we planned it well enough we could ride it once with our fp and then jump back in line before the fireworks crowd showed up.
This first round of thunder, we asked for the back because we are those guests.

25531498297_38c6363528.jpg

40403094191_aaf0ef03c4.jpg

Tonight we learned something new, now that the goat effect has been around for a while now. Tonight however Erin and I started something new. After the normal goat effect I just rested my head and relaxed…if you could call it relaxing. But what I can say is that if you just look up to the sky, it makes for a different ride.
Our plan worked as we ran back in line for another wild ride
shoutout to the mother daughter duo for jumping into our photo

40403092601_6efa9747c5.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
Following along! This young adults trip seems exactly like my travel style :) lots of drinking! Also, I immediately texted my travel companion that we have to get the Seven Seas Lagoon- we are staying at the Contemporary anyway! Looks delicious!

Hey another Sam trip. I love reading about your adventures at Disney Parks.

Following along! This young adults trip seems exactly like my travel style :) lots of drinking! Also, I immediately texted my travel companion that we have to get the Seven Seas Lagoon- we are staying at the Contemporary anyway! Looks delicious!
So much drinking...goodbye money. It was great!!! I really enjoyed it

I will try a even Seas Lagoon! :flower1:
Yes!!! Everyone try the seven seas lagoon!

Hey another Sam trip. I love reading about your adventures at Disney Parks.
Thanks for always joining along!!!

Jumping in too!
Yay! Welcome welcome!!!

In Our Memories For Years To Come

After completing the wildest ride twice we headed off to the fake splash mountain. Passing by a side sight of what's left of a dried up splash mountain, and waiting till it opens back up. We were off to adventureland.
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for us.

40410200731_6b21172116.jpg

When we get crammed in the front row, you know you are going to get wet from the drop.

26539217648_2d0e15b6a8.jpg

39699499064_1f1b76ea9d.jpg

39699499234_ba131260ed.jpg

When you’re the only ones ready for the photo

39699498764_9b345b9ae9.jpg

Tonight was our official last ride with the red head….we will always want the red head.

38599151750_a8ae318471.jpg

Tip for any of you selfie lovers….the pirate’s bathroom has a great selfie mirror. The more you know!

39513817585_1621eae0f8.jpg

Next, we had no clue what to do. So I pulled the "it's your birthday what would you like to do?!" So we headed over to fantasyland where we hardly do any attractions, and tonight we had our eyes on pooh.

39513817655_5d9a06a294.jpg

That plan changed real fast when we saw the half hour wait for it. No thank you, I will pass. So instead we headed over to the haunted mansion. On our way over there we randomly decided to go on It's a Small World because why not?
About how many times can Sam throw her deuce in the air tonight? The limit does not exist

26539218888_d23d87241e.jpg

"I'll be in there memories for years to come" - the guy talking to his daughter.
This was by far the best thing I have ever heard! And I still laugh whenever I look at this picture because he was so right.

39699499904_efcdc366ac.jpg

39513822275_a82477ed4b.jpg

25538394217_6de8006f9e.jpg

After small world we made our way to haunted mansion. Where Erin took a little nap in our doom buggy. And by the time we got off the park was just about to be closing.
We headed off towards Main Street and found ourselves in the emporium looking for pretzels for Erin. Since she was getting a snack I felt like I needed one too. So I headed over to the popcorn section in hopes of finding the best popcorn ever, but of course the churro popcorn was not found. I know you can get it back in storybook circus however by this time it was probably closed and this was just the world telling me I didn't need to buy it. However if you have never had the churro popcorn, it is the best popcorn at Disney.
It was goodbye mk, and hello long bus ride back to AKL. Once onboard I think we all hit a wall, turn those bus lights off and I'm struggling to stay awake. Apparently I was practically asleep upon arriving and got off at kidani instead of Jambo. So we took a nice little walk back to the other side. And by the time we made it back to jambo Alish was texting me asking if she could stop over.
Once getting into our room we all ran to see if we had animals out our window since this morning was a bust. We saw one zebra hanging out and a night safari truck making its rounds for the night

39699501274_00ef3ea134.jpg

We all hung out until Alish and Justin came. They were at a onesie party nearby and decided to get all their stuff we brought down for them. By this point Erin was down for the count and was practically passed out.
I filled Alish in with all our crazy family life back home and how hectic the household is. But their main reason for coming was to get her winter coat, since her and Justin were headed off to NYC. Makes sense, you’re family comes down to visit and you book a trip to the big apple. So before they left, I gave them basically 100 suggestions on things to do, which only made me want to go to NYC again.
They headed home around midnight and we called it a night because tomorrow we had another day of fun ahead of us!

YAAAY another Sam report! I'm glad to hear your grandma is doing better! looking forward to reading the rest of your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!