Drinks on kids QS dining plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, how many people here have had actual 2020 experiences with kids' meals and specialty beverages? In the previous posts, I see calls to Disney to discus with a CM and I see quotations from Disney webpages, but not *experiences*.
So, here's mine from Jan 1-8, 2020: We were always able to get a specialty beverage. I didn't want my kids drinking pop, so I was happy for a drink with Powerade, because yes, sugar, but some ingredients to keep them hydrated in the parks. At Woody's, they got root-beer floats.
Our party was four Disney adults and two kids, but my 12yo sometimes wanted something off the kid menu, like at Docking Bay 7. At our TS character meals (the only kind of TS we did), wait staff clearly said they would give him an adult portion of a children's item. At a couple QS places, he ordered a kid's meal...and they took off a QS kid's credit, not an adult one. (He was served the kid's portion, to be clear.)
So, unfortunately, I think restaurant to restaurant, CM to CM, I think you'll probably find variation, especially if you're going pretty soon in February before everyone is up to speed. Just always ask rather than assume you can not. I wondered if sometimes they took kid credits because it was easier than plugging in a kid item for an adult credit. I wondered if they didn't really look to see that our party was 4A 2C, or thought my 12yo might be a Disney kid on a casual glance at our party of three people over 5'8" tall (including our 6'1" 15yo) and three people 5' and under. So, some places' registers might not have strict controls over what drinks a dining-plan kid's meal can have and some might.
I know this would be hard to read when you're trying to plan your meals or choose whether or not to do a dining plan at all, but it might reflect what the situation really will be when you're ordering.

Thanks! Pleased to hear you were able to get the speciality drinks with your kids QS.

Hopefully it’ll be the same when we go and with a bit of luck mobile ordering will be updated to allow this!

OK, how many people here have had actual 2020 experiences with kids' meals and specialty beverages? In the previous posts, I see calls to Disney to discus with a CM and I see quotations from Disney webpages, but not *experiences*.
So, here's mine from Jan 1-8, 2020: We were always able to get a specialty beverage. I didn't want my kids drinking pop, so I was happy for a drink with Powerade, because yes, sugar, but some ingredients to keep them hydrated in the parks. At Woody's, they got root-beer floats.
Our party was four Disney adults and two kids, but my 12yo sometimes wanted something off the kid menu, like at Docking Bay 7. At our TS character meals (the only kind of TS we did), wait staff clearly said they would give him an adult portion of a children's item. At a couple QS places, he ordered a kid's meal...and they took off a QS kid's credit, not an adult one. (He was served the kid's portion, to be clear.)
So, unfortunately, I think restaurant to restaurant, CM to CM, I think you'll probably find variation, especially if you're going pretty soon in February before everyone is up to speed. Just always ask rather than assume you can not. I wondered if sometimes they took kid credits because it was easier than plugging in a kid item for an adult credit. I wondered if they didn't really look to see that our party was 4A 2C, or thought my 12yo might be a Disney kid on a casual glance at our party of three people over 5'8" tall (including our 6'1" 15yo) and three people 5' and under. So, some places' registers might not have strict controls over what drinks a dining-plan kid's meal can have and some might.
I know this would be hard to read when you're trying to plan your meals or choose whether or not to do a dining plan at all, but it might reflect what the situation really will be when you're ordering.
Thanks for your experience. As far as the QS places it shouldn't matter who's eating what, as in you should be able to order all/only kid meals if you want as long as you have the credits. Using the credits is up to your discretion. Example if you wanted to use all of your credits on your first day you could, you just wouldn't have anymore. They should NEVER be questioning who's eating what or how many kid vs. adult credits you're using at a QS restaurant.

We’ve paid for the dining plan so will be a fair bit more to pay the increase. If the speciality drinks are still ok for the children I’m happy.

So Ronto Roasters does not have a children's menu...can I use a Child QS credit to order a Ronto Wrap?

Apparently if no children’s menu is available then you can order an adults meals using a child’s QS credit however their tills can’t do this so you have to pay with an adult credit then ask guest services to adjust it later.

Yeah, I'm super curious about this as well. We're planning to do the Dining Plan (if it comes back) on our next trip. Two of our kids are under kids plans still, but if we go somewhere like 50's, they're obviously going to want a milkshake or something fun. If that's not included, what's the point exactly? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter