Driving Concerns?

bmt337

Atlantic Canada
Was just wondering if anyone has experienced any negativity driving to or from Florida? I've heard of isolated problems, including an e-mail earlier this week from someone in Nova Scotia who told me she was refused service in one Burger King location (not Orlando) , had a beer can threw at her and was cursed by bus station attendants at a bus station because of her backpack which had the Canadian flag on it. She said any negativity she experienced was in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Boca Raton, not the Orlando area. But I'm still concerned about driving down although we can't afford to fly. Would appreciate any thoughts or input on this. Thanks.

hi - WE are driving down and leaving next week. I agree, flights and a car rental for a family is very costly. I have been asking around and haven't heard any negativity towards Canadians.
We are really looking forward to our trip and hope that nothing like this may spoil it. When are you leaving? I'll let you know our experiences when we return. Good luck.

hi BMT - We just got back last night and had a wonderful trip. No negativity to report at all. We made great time. Drove straight from Halifax to Fayetteville, NC in 24 hrs, stayed there overnight and then made it to Orlando in 8 hrs from there. It only costs us about $200 CDN plus about $25 in toll highways (USD). Much cheaper than flying for sure. We had great weather, the crowds at most parks were ok but Magic Kingdom was crazy busy. Somewhat overwhelming really!
I would drive again for sure! I hope you have a good trip down.
P.S. No problems at the border at all but we got nailed for having bottles of liqour too big on the way home. Had to pay the duty on the excess, no big deal.

Welcome back allayden. :) Glad to hear that your trip was wonderful and that everyone was friendly towards the Canadians!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter