Driving from New Jersey

Just make sure you have enough drivers. Long stretches of highway + sleep deprivation = danger. You want to make sure you get the chance to rest and switch off.

If you do it, pack yourselves some healthy, "real" food. We did it once (only once!) from CT right after 9/11 and like others have said, it is exhausting. You're completely spent and silly tired on the first day or so of your trip. One of the big things we said we'd do if we ever drove straight through again is the food thing. We hadn't considered that and I think the junk food, sweets, and sodas really did not fuel us well. In the middle of the night it is hard to find anything of substance. The other thing is to sleep when it isn't your turn to drive. We both stayed awake to keep one another company and that was not smart. Really, it is safest to spend the night somewhere and break it up. But it definitely is do-able.

I sure wouldn't want to do all that driving and then check in to Disney and find out I couldn't get into the parks I wanted. I would wait till it's all over

We drive from NJ to FL once or twice a year. We drove straight through once- never again! We felt so tired and just downright awful when we got there, it was a waste of a day. There have been times when our room was not ready until 5 or 6pm. Don't be one of those people who camps out and sleeps in the lobby because you're exhausted from travelling and your room isn't ready. No amount of Disney magic and excitement can make you have a wonderful day after driving 1,000 miles straight through. Driving on I-4 when you are exhausted is no picnic either. Easier to spend the $80-$120 and stay at a comfort inn or some other hotel along the way.

Also, the 14 day quarantine for NJ residents was extended past July 7 and now has no official end date: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...must-continue-to-self-quarantine-for-14-days/

There's conflicting reports on that. This site says:

We reached out to the Florida Department of Health for clarification, and they said that the Tri-State travel restrictions are currently set to expire on July 7, 2020.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/tri-...t-to-expire-before-disney-theme-parks-reopen/

There's conflicting reports on that. This site says:

We reached out to the Florida Department of Health for clarification, and they said that the Tri-State travel restrictions are currently set to expire on July 7, 2020.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/tri-...t-to-expire-before-disney-theme-parks-reopen/
Until they get their act together and give either 1) a consistant response from the health department or 2) an official announcement from the governor it would be silly to risk going if your reservation could be considered invalid.

Until they get their act together and give either 1) a consistant response from the health department or 2) an official announcement from the governor it would be silly to risk going if your reservation could be considered invalid.

Agreed, the state really needs to clearly answer this for the many people with plans during this time.

And while they're at it, they can explain why the tri-state is still on the list when all of their numbers are significantly better than most states. With the way the numbers are headed, I'm almost more worried that NJ will eventually restrict travel to FL...

Agreed, the state really needs to clearly answer this for the many people with plans during this time.

And while they're at it, they can explain why the tri-state is still on the list when all of their numbers are significantly better than most states. With the way the numbers are headed, I'm almost more worried that NJ will eventually restrict travel to FL...
YES! I completely agree. This is talked about quite a bit in NJ

We are planning on driving from NJ to WDW in late July, but switching from i95 to 75 in Georgia. I was told by several CM's (had to ask multiple since we all know answers vary) and they said no one will be turned away from these states by WDW. And they too said its silly considering NJ is in a much better place than FL...

We are planning on driving from NJ to WDW in late July, but switching from i95 to 75 in Georgia. I was told by several CM's (had to ask multiple since we all know answers vary) and they said no one will be turned away from these states by WDW. And they too said its silly considering NJ is in a much better place than FL...
I am very confident the restrictions will be lifted by then. I’m planning a trip in August, and while I’ll be monitoring the COVID19 situation for my own risk assessment, I doubt FL will have any measures in place that would keep me out. Reopening seems to have become a political issue more than a public health issue, and there are lots of people who won’t tolerate any restrictions again, no matter what the hospitalization or death rates look like. Maybe I’m wrong, but it looks like once things are open, they’re open period.

We do it all the time from Philly. Leave between 9-10p and get to DIS before 12. Straight through only stopping twice for gas. It sounds overwhelming but it’s not that bad.

Super easy... left St Mary’s KOA (GA exit #1) on to Scrubby Bluff road going east. Turned left on to US 17 and welcome to Florida... super easy, no traffic... 17 down to FL 200 in Yulee and right turn back to 95.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!