Driving from NJ - How far the first day?

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
We will be driving from Northern NJ on Nov. 29th (leaving about 4:00 am). We have three kids (9, 7, and 6) who are all very good travelers (we drove two years ago and they did great). DH thinks he might want to drive straight through like we did on the way home last time but I don't think this is a good idea. I would however, like to get the bulk of the trip out of the way on Fri. so we can arrive early Sat. and enjoy the parks. Originally, I was thinking about stopping in Savannah, GA but was wondering if it is realistic to get just a little farther (around Brunswick, GA). We want to stop at the FL Welcome Station for O.J. (the kids look forward to this) so I don't really want to cross the FL line on Fri. night. Any input would be appreciated.

Leaving at 3 a.m. should get you in to Brunswick around 7 p.m. with a few short breaks along the way.Brunswick is a great location your only 4 hours or less from WDW.Good luck!

Hi Lisa3,

We are leaving on the 26th at 3pm (picking DS up from school and away we go...) We hope to get to Fayetteville NC that night. We are leaving from South of Allentown PA. I went into Yahoo Maps for Driving Directions and their calculations say 490 miles in 7 and 1/2 hours. Personally I think THAT's a bit of a stretch, especially going through Baltimore & DC between 6 & 7. I think the mileage is accurate, not the time. I'm thinking more between 8 & 1/2 and 9 hours....ANYWAY, try going into Yahoo Maps and see what they tell you. Put in your starting address and Arriving At: Brunswick GA. Maybe that will help you...

BTW.... WE.... ok, "I" love to stop at the Welcome Center for Orange Juice.... It just wouldn't be the same trip without that stop!

When I do the trip as an overnighter I'll either stay in Fayetteville, NC at the Comfort Inn or Manning, SC at the Days Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter