Driving from Winnipeg??

grover

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if anyone has ever made the drive from Winnipeg to WDW? How many hours a day would you drive and how many days did it take you? What route did you take and where did you get a hotel room for the night. Has anyone done it with just getting a hotel room for one night? What would you estimate the cost to drive from here to there?
Thanks for any info you can give me..
Grover in Winnipeg :D

Hi Grover,
My parents just did that drive (although WDW was not the prime destination). They went down in mid-January and came back in mid-February. They weren't in any rush so they made it down in about 4 days and back about the same. If you really pushed it and didn't stop for any of the tourist traps (like Ruby Falls ;) ) you could probably do it in 2.5 to 3 days (if you intend to stop for the night). The price of gas fluctuated a fair amount and they were able to find some fairly cheap hotel rooms on the way. So I don't think it was that expensive. But what price do you put on your time spent in the car instead of the parks?

It would take 36 hours of driving time, each way. I've thought about it, but 6 days on the road is too much for me!

Jane

I used to live in St. James, went to Sturgeon Creek SS. Try www.mapquest.com for directions! Good Luck!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

BUMP!!!
Just wondering if anyone else has made the drive and what the costs were. I would love to fly but it seems like driving might be more economical.
Grover in Winnipeg :D

Sorry but I've never driven from Winnipeg but that sounds exhausting!!! If you have kids it would be even more painful. Driving from Ontario was painful enough! When we had kids we definitly flew as our kids would die before we hit the border. If you compare the dollar, and the cost of gas can driving be that much cheaper than flying?? Not to mention tacking on many miles on your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!