Driving through Dothan

pcstang

Always Universal Orlando bound!
Although I don’t own a RV or camper, I do enjoy reading all your posts. That being said I wanted let you all know that some major road construction will start soon in Dothan AL. I know quite a few of you come through here on your way to WDW. If you come on 231 or 431 I strongly suggest you take a left to avoid the construction. It will be starting any day now.

I think that's Bama_Ed's usual route. Appreciate the heads up on that.

It will be starting any day now.

And likely drag on for years. :crazy:

Thanks for the heads up, pcstang.

Bama Ed

PS - I hope the net result of the construction is fewer traffic/red lights.

Maybe after that they'll migrate over to Hwy 45 and make it a 4 lane all the way down through Citronelle. One can only hope...

Maybe after that they'll migrate over to Hwy 45 and make it a 4 lane all the way down through Citronelle. One can only hope...

Dude, you and I will be in the old folks' home by the time my little state gets around to 4-laning Hwy 45.

Stop drinking the purple cough syrup.

That's crazy talk now.

:sad2: Jeez. Kids.

Bama Ed

The construction was supposed to have started already. Nothing major yet but I will update all of you.

Have they started the construction yet? Will be coming thru on Nov 7th. Is it better to turn left to go around Dothan. I have always gone right.

Not sure what route you're all taking past Dothan--or how soon you're coming, but please keep in mind the mess that Hurricane Michael made in the panhandle area, South GA, etc. For now, I'd try to stick to I-10.

The back highways and roads are either damaged or heavily traveled by people helping to restore utilities, etc. If you choose to take one of the back roads, make sure you bring along patience and a few cans of "fix a flat".

Does anyone know how 231 in Al and I10 thru the panhandle are?
Unsure about 231 in AL, but I-10 is open again. There was an 80 mile stretch closed due to the hurricane. My friends just went to WDW last week and I-10 was ok. We are just on the western side of where it closed.

Thanks, BeachMama13. Good to know. It was also suggested to check Florida 511 and Alab dot.

231 and 431 are fine. I would go left coming in on 231 or 431 unless you need to go to camping world. I am directly across the street from it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter