Driving to/from NJ

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by Mary2e, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Mary2e

Mary2e DIS Veteran

We will be driving our car from NJ and have rented an RV to be set up at FW.

We plan on making it to Florence, SC for the drive down. That will leave us at about a 6-7 hour drive to Disney.

Going back North, we would like to drive about 8 hours before stopping for the night. What cities should we look at?

2. PaHunter

PaHunter Photographer in need of training...

You can stop at KOA Enfield, it is just south of Richmond.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 2rad4u

2rad4u Earning My Ears

5. Mary2e

Mary2e DIS Veteran

Thanks.

We will be driving our car. I’m looking for a city/town and hotel/motel.

6. parrothead64

parrothead64 Mouseketeer

Going North, depending on traffic etc, South of the Border would be about 8 hours. You could probably hit Rocky Mount, NC area depending on what time you leave.

7. FtW Mike

FtW Mike DIS Veteran

Several years ago we stayed at the Days inn in Walterboro SC. Had a Cracker barrel right next door. Going and coming it was about a 10 hour drive to and from just north of Dover Delaware Hope that helps. Both are just off I 95
    In our Class A we make Hardeeville SC in about 6 hours coming North from Disney ( With 2 stops, one for the dogs other for fuel just before we stop for the night)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  8. Mary2e

Mary2e DIS Veteran

Thank you very much. I"m looking at Rocky Mount as it appears that it's almost exactly half way.

9. themojosupreme

themojosupreme No wifi, but a great connection!

Fayetteville NC has a lot of hotels reasonably priced and lots of places to eat. It is about an hour north of the South Carolina border, and about half way through North Carolina when travelling on the 1-95 corridor.