• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving to FW

Debbie123

Are we at Disney yet?
Hi everybody!! We stayed at a cabin in FW in 2000 and loved it. This time we were thinking of taking our
Travel Trailer and staying at a campsite. We are in Albany, NY. How long approximately would it take
towing a trailer? Anybody have an idea of the tolls? We were going to try to get there in two days. Thanks
for your help.

Hi Debbie,

We make the trip every year from Boston towing our popup. I don't know how long it will take from Albany, but from Boston we make it in 22-24 hours. We usually leave around 2pm and drive straight through. Both DH and myself take naps in the car, so we're not too wiped out when we get there.

The tolls can be expensive (especially the Jersey Turnpike). I can't remember exactly how much. I'll check with DH later and see if he remembers.

Debbie
not sure how far Albany is from Philly, but we drove last year in our gas hog of a truck towing our popup and it took about 16 hours total. We did split that up into two days, but we could have done it without stopping.

If you want the best route to take you may want to visit mytrip.com. you can put in your address and that of FW and it will give you the best route, time estimations from check point to checkpoint along the route, total time, adverage gas prices for the check points and you can even get restaurant and hotel info for certain check points.

We love the drive and are looking forward to doing it again this year. (at least once!)

- lori

Hi Debbie123,

According to Tripmaker it is 1,252 miles from Albany to
WDW and should take 22 1/2 hours if you average
55 mph with normal stops. If you stop more often
or a longer time at most stops add a hour or so.
Good luck:)

From NH it takes us a good two days pulling a 29 ft trailer. We have to make gas stops pretty often, but really make good time. This year we plan to leave early afternoon on Friday and hope to get there by Sunday 1-2 am. We will stop for a few hours sleep in a rest area on Friday night and will also stop and have meals so we can stretch our legs.

Tolls are horrible, especially the bridges!!! but you might not hit all the ones that we do. You can get your toll info from AAA if you're a member. We always get a triptik so that we know about construction, etc. You can also get info from a website for I95: http://www.usastar.com/i95/homepage.htm

Hope this helps!

24 hours for us from Madison, WI including kid and doggie stops. We tow a Pop-up too. Love that road through Chatanooga.

We4mickey, the new Tacobell/Pizza hut out there is mine. Have you eaten there? How is the service?

Sorry, gotta sneak in a little work whenever possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter