Droid Depot Builds

SarahSnow

Mouseketeer
I've been seeing alot of people customizing their droids on Instagram and I'm interested to see what droids everyone has come up with and if how their personality chips interacted wit the land.

This is my droid from Disneyland. I don’t have any accessories or personality chips for it yet. Many people with the R style droids got the dome head, but I opted for this one. I don’t see as many of this style. BAC451DD-4319-406E-B40D-E73A50ADF38F.jpeg It reacts to the land by spinning its head, and makes noises. It moved while I was in line for the ride, but I’m not sure if it was that area or the droid that was 2 parties behind me.

This is my droid from Disneyland. I don’t have any accessories or personality chips for it yet. Many people with the R style droids got the dome head, but I opted for this one. I don’t see as many of this style. View attachment 412880 It reacts to the land by spinning its head, and makes noises. It moved while I was in line for the ride, but I’m not sure if it was that area or the droid that was 2 parties behind me.

I love it! How long did it take for you to build from purchase to finish?

I love it! How long did it take for you to build from purchase to finish?
It took me about 20-30 minutes. The way the droid depot is set up. You wait in line to pay first, then you pick your parts, then go to a station to build it. It can take a little bit before you pay because they have to wait for stations to open. At the end there are accessories, and you can buy them on your way out. Also, depending on what colors or parts you want, it can take longer. At Disneyland purple parts, and translucent dome heads were popular so some people would wait by the conveyor belt to see if they would come out. I knew before that some colors were sold out so I had an idea in my head of what I wanted.

Do they tell you going in when colors are sold out? If I pay that much and I can't get the colors I want I would be very upset.

They don't. You tell them which type of droid you want to make, pay for it, and then are given a basket and get to go pick the parts from the conveyor belt. I suppose you could stand by the rail and watch the conveyor belt to see if the colors you want are there, but there's no guarantee someone else wouldn't grab them before you get there.

Do they tell you going in when colors are sold out? If I pay that much and I can't get the colors I want I would be very upset.
They don't tell you. However, I was closely following the SWGE thread on the disneyland forum and people in the earlier reservations mentioned what colors were sold out. My reservation was the 2nd to last day, so I had backup designs in my head lol. I knew for sure I wanted an R model b/c they are easier to control. I also recently found out that the R models can be customized more than the BB styles. Hopefully WDW does a better job at keeping items in stock. The droid backpacks sold out I think within a few days, and haven't been restocked since. If you know you want something, get it! You never know how the stock can be for that item.

I hope they add more color options for each droid especially if they want people to come back and add to it or change it up

I really hope the translucent is availabe when i take my trip in March. The black is also very slick looking. Customizing definetly looks fun also.

I really hope the translucent is availabe when i take my trip in March. The black is also very slick looking. Customizing definetly looks fun also.

If you don't see it on the line ask the CM and they can check the back for you. Customizing it was so much fun!

I’d be interested to find this out too. Is there a website or somewhere to get this info or see pictures? Thanks

Is it possible to buy the accessories before you build? I know there are a few things I'd want to purchase, like the purple snap-in plates, and it'd be great to have them ahead so I can put it all together at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!