Droid Depot - How was it?!

So the chips are basically for GE only then and serve no purpose at home, that is rather odd to even sell them then.....
without the chip the droid makes a set of sounds, with the chip the droid makes different sounds, both at home and in the land. The chip will also interact with whatever part of the land you are in
I don't know what other sort of interaction you were thinking it could get in your home?

20-30 minutes...I'd allow for at least 40 depending on how many are being made, does your party know what pieces they want, etc..

at home he makes regular sound according to his chip, I take the rebel chip out and he does different tones.
In Batuu he makes scared boops when we're in the First Order area and happy boops when in the Resistance camp and he made lots of fun noises while walking through the marketplace.
No noises inside the Falcon
Do you know what types of reactions the smuggler chip has in the First Order area and Resistance area? I keep reading about the First Order and Resistance chips, but can't find much online about the smuggler chips' reactions (maybe the smuggler chips aren't as popular?).

So the chips are basically for GE only then and serve no purpose at home, that is rather odd to even sell them then.....
Yeah. They made that very clear when I built the Droid.
They sell them FOR the interactions in the land.

Do you know what types of reactions the smuggler chip has in the First Order area and Resistance area? I keep reading about the First Order and Resistance chips, but can't find much online about the smuggler chips' reactions (maybe the smuggler chips aren't as popular?).
I don't know. sorry. Maybe the smugglers chip is the only one to react around the Falcon and inside the queue?

Yeah. They made that very clear when I built the Droid.
They sell them FOR the interactions in the land.
Both of the ones we built did that already when we walked about GE.....???
out of curiosity what else did you want the chip to do?
Dunno, maybe some different sounds, reactions, funny odd stuff possibly react with other droids....the possibilities....but if they have to be in GE to get some kind of reaction then it is kind of a waste....??

Dunno, maybe some different sounds, reactions, funny odd stuff possibly react with other droids....the possibilities....but if they have to be in GE to get some kind of reaction then it is kind of a waste....??
yeah so the regular droid makes sounds and reacts all around, the chips make the droid do different sounds and reacts differently in different areas depending on where you are. So basically with a chip you have en extra set of reaction and noises.
"funny odd stuff" i don't know, like what? it's a droid. It can't really do funny can it?

yeah so the regular droid makes sounds and reacts all around, the chips make the droid do different sounds and reacts differently in different areas depending on where you are. So basically with a chip you have en extra set of reaction and noises.
"funny odd stuff" i don't know, like what? it's a droid. It can't really do funny can it?

Dunno R2 is quite funny and odd at times........unfortunately our droids will never see GE again as traveling with them were a chore........guess will have to build one more with the chips on our next trip!

My 9 yr old is going to build the BB droid and part of the reason he wants a personality chip is that it changes the sounds the droid makes. The BB droid as is sounds like BB8. Personality chips' beeping noises sound very different. So while the droid won't act differently at home with a personality chip, he will have a different "voice" than BB8.

You can ask the shop keeper how does the smuggler chip interacts. They have a panel with buttons where you hear all the different noises each one does
We probably will end up asking about the smuggler interactions at Droid Depot. DS said he doesn't want a smuggler chip if it's "boring". lol
We found a great video that shows all the different sounds the personality chips make. Sounds start at about 30 min.

This is pretty much exactly what a personality chip will give you. There's nothing that makes them interact with other droids but the chips do make them make different sounds, reactions and funny odd stuff, in GE.

Dunno R2 is quite funny and odd at times........unfortunately our droids will never see GE again as traveling with them were a chore........guess will have to build one more with the chips on our next trip!
If you take a resistance enabled droid in the first order area, it's funny and odd. And vice versa

The backpack will make is much easier to travel with them. Not so much a chore. But I guess they may be more geared to locals for this aspect?

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot is open during magic hours? Do you have to have a reservation for then? I just learned that Oga's isn't take reservations before 9am, but is open, so you just try a walk-up. Will it be the same for the Droid Depot?

Does anyone know if the Droid Depot is open during magic hours? Do you have to have a reservation for then? I just learned that Oga's isn't take reservations before 9am, but is open, so you just try a walk-up. Will it be the same for the Droid Depot?
It's the same for Droid Depot. Walk up during magic hours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter