Droid Depot - How was it?!

Not sure how others got a discount on those, perhaps via AP or DVC, but it's not like you get an auto discount on accessories due to building the droid.
There's no discount for building the Droid (or the lightsaber), but we got the AP discount on accessories in the Droid Depot and other merchandise in Batuu.

Hi....is there pricing and options for the droid accessories online anywhere?
I've seen it on a few blogs and sites. All of it seemed pretty consistent. But the backpack thing (originally charging $40, then upping it to $50) shows that the prices may be in flux until supply/demand match up.

We did Droid Depot on opening day at DHS and it was a blast for my 6 year old. Purchasing accessories was a little frustrating because it was a pretty long line to check out. Not sure how others got a discount on those, perhaps via AP or DVC, but it's not like you get an auto discount on accessories due to building the droid. Also, at least on opening day, the backpack price tags had nearly all been removed (the price part at least) and rang up as $50, not $40. Luckily, we happened to have picked a backpack with the original price still attached. It rang up as $50, so we asked why given the tag said $40, and they price adjusted (after a wait for a manager approval). Sounds like they tried to make a little extra given how popular those are . . . not sure how to feel about that. Have the prices gone back to $40?

They were $49.99 on Aug 31

We did Droid Depot on opening day at DHS and it was a blast for my 6 year old. Purchasing accessories was a little frustrating because it was a pretty long line to check out. Not sure how others got a discount on those, perhaps via AP or DVC, but it's not like you get an auto discount on accessories due to building the droid. Also, at least on opening day, the backpack price tags had nearly all been removed (the price part at least) and rang up as $50, not $40. Luckily, we happened to have picked a backpack with the original price still attached. It rang up as $50, so we asked why given the tag said $40, and they price adjusted (after a wait for a manager approval). Sounds like they tried to make a little extra given how popular those are . . . not sure how to feel about that. Have the prices gone back to $40?
No idea about tags. I didn't bother to look as I was buying one.
It was $40
And by discounts I assumed folks read between the lines, my mistake
You get AP/DVC/DVisa discounts
Not just some random discount for building a droid. Sorry to cause confusion

I've seen it on a few blogs and sites. All of it seemed pretty consistent. But the backpack thing (originally charging $40, then upping it to $50) shows that the prices may be in flux until supply/demand match up.
They've always had a history of changing prices on in demand accessories. Read back about the perch for the Banshee from a couple years ago.
Easily changing prices is one of the main reasons they use letter or color codes on items, with an easy to change pricing chart hanging nearby

Are the CMs aggressively enforcing this rule? let’s say it’s me, my 4yr old son and 2yr old daughter. I can’t just leave my daughter outside. And she doesn't qualify as a builder as they need to be 3+ yrs old.

I can tell you there were more then just the builder and a guest in that room! the family standing in line before us had at least 5 that I could see and they all went up when it was their turn....

We had an extra two adults in our group and they were directed to wait in the area next to the shop. They could still watch the build process from there, but they weren't allowed in the build area during the process. They did wait in line with us. We figured they wouldn't be allowed in at all, so it seemed like a good compromise. The build floor is not very big, so the builder plus one is a good rule. Children will be allowed to stay with their parents. We did see that occuring, so no worries about having more than one child with you. This was opening day.

Hello. I have a reservation for 2. I will be on my own and I want to build a bb and r unit at the same time. Has anyone encountered any issues with a single person building two droids with a reservation for 2 (I understand it is 1 droid per reservation)?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but can anyone provide a rundown on how many different personality chip types and colors there are? I know that there are at least two colors for each faction.

Thank you!

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but can anyone provide a rundown on how many different personality chip types and colors there are? I know that there are at least two colors for each faction.

Thank you!
That's what I saw, 6 total, 2 colors for each faction

Thank you!
a total of 6 chips, 2 rebel (yellow and blue) , 2 first order(red and black) and 2 scoundrel (purple and grey)

a total of 6 chips, 2 rebel (yellow and blue) , 2 first order(red and black) and 2 scoundrel (purple and grey)

Wish I remember that last week, the shop was so crowded I did not even look at the options and I am wondering "IF" they really make a difference in how the robot acts other then sounding different?

Wish I remember that last week, the shop was so crowded I did not even look at the options and I am wondering "IF" they really make a difference in how the robot acts other then sounding different?
I bought mine a rebel chip and he does react differently depending on the area we are in. Today I'm going back just to play with the datapad and I'm bringing him along :)

How about at home?
at home he makes regular sound according to his chip, I take the rebel chip out and he does different tones.
In Batuu he makes scared boops when we're in the First Order area and happy boops when in the Resistance camp and he made lots of fun noises while walking through the marketplace.
No noises inside the Falcon

The chips have no function outside GE
at home he makes regular sound according to his chip, I take the rebel chip out and he does different tones.
In Batuu he makes scared boops when we're in the First Order area and happy boops when in the Resistance camp and he made lots of fun noises while walking through the marketplace.
No noises inside the Falcon

So the chips are basically for GE only then and serve no purpose at home, that is rather odd to even sell them then.....

How long did it take, all in all? (i.e. from arrival time to reservation time to exit time?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!