Droid onto ROR or MFSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwithaB

Earning My Ears
Could I bring a droid I built at Droid Depot onto the rides?

If not, are there lockers or somewhere else I could store it temporarily? Same with other purchases (such as porg that could fit into a backpack) or backpacks?

I've seen reference to sending droids/purchases to the front of the park or hotel, but I'd like to have it with me, generally. Also, I am staying off property. More familiar with Universal's lockers than Disney (don't judge) but SWGE is sucking me in to the Disney verse.

Could I bring a droid I built at Droid Depot onto the rides?

If not, are there lockers or somewhere else I could store it temporarily? Same with other purchases (such as porg that could fit into a backpack) or backpacks?

I've seen reference to sending droids/purchases to the front of the park or hotel, but I'd like to have it with me, generally. Also, I am staying off property. More familiar with Universal's lockers than Disney (don't judge) but SWGE is sucking me in to the Disney verse.

My DH has brought his droid with him on both SWGE rides.

Thank you for asking this! We are going the 3rd week of March and our 2 kids (7 & 9) plan to make a droid each. Even though we could send them to the front of the park/hotel, I doubt they will want to give them up. Will it be a pain to take them on the rides or perfectly manageable? Wondering too if it be easier if we buy the backpacks rather than use the boxes?

Droids you want to keep with you for awhile at least as they react to things in the land. A backpack makes experiencing this easier. It would be annoying and a risk to hold the droid in the box in your arms so you can hear it, and you wouldn’t be able to see it very well. The boxes are flimsy and too big. The droid is not protected at all in the box. I ended up recycling mine. The top on mine wouldn’t stay put so I ended up having to put the box in a bag so I didn’t drop and break it.

Some people have purchased a sling type bag ahead of time to use instead. Any type of bag where you can where it on your front and see the head should work. Just be mindful of protection- the backpack they sell has a foam base contoured to the droids shape so it sits in their fairly well. I wouldn’t say taking a droid on rides is more of a pain than taking any other type of bag on rides.

Thank you so much 'only hope' - this is a big help! Will definitely pass on the boxes then and will plan on getting the backpacks or at least bringing a couple of sling bags as a back up. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts