Dropping one night - possible to do online?

amymgould

Mouseketeer
I want to drop one night of my reservation. I know I can modify online but I can’t figure out how to just drop one night. Is there a way? I’m afraid of accidentally canceling the whole reservation!

There have been posts that when you modify or re-book with different dates the system will hold the prior reservation for 20 minutes until the new reservation is completed. I have never done it so maybe you should contact MS just to be safe. Please post your findings for others to see.

:earsboy: Bill

There have been posts that when you modify or re-book with different dates the system will hold the prior reservation for 20 minutes until the new reservation is completed. I have never done it so maybe you should contact MS just to be safe. Please post your findings for others to see.

:earsboy: Bill

This may be true since I modified quite a lot these last few days and always was able to quickly go back and hold some of my dates in case I needed them. I thought I was acting quicky, maybe I was, but maybe as you say the system was holding them for 20 minutes. I also still “saw” my original ressie. I guess the only way to know for sure is a CM to actually tell us but that was my experience this week.

I want to drop one night of my reservation. I know I can modify online but I can’t figure out how to just drop one night. Is there a way? I’m afraid of accidentally canceling the whole reservation!

It has to be either the first or last night to be able to do this. You select Modify on the reservation you want to change. Then you will choose to modify the resort or dates. Next search on the new dates you want - not including the night you are dropping and search for the resort you have the reservation at. It will then tell you the nights you are looking for are available - click on that and finish up with the change.

Just did this recently and changed a May reservation by dropping last night and adding a first night. There is no particular function to just do that. The modifcation system for dates works the same way for all changes. You go to the modify page for your reservation and choose to modify the reservation. You then create a new reservation for the same resort, room category, and the new dates you want (the entire time you will be there). You then confirm that change (if available), and you will have the new reservation (same number as before) and the old dates are no longer.

Checked availability before making the change and four of the nights I wanted to keep were shown as unavailable and new night I wanted was shown as available. So though one is seemingly changing the whole reservation, the nights you already have and want to keep do not have to be separately available.

Last edited:
Thank you all! I wanted to drop the first night and was able to do so using the suggestions above. I did want to add a day on the end but they did not have the same room type, so I did a single night in a different room and wait listed the room type I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter