Dropping people from ADR?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
Family of four going to WDW, with the possibility of two additional adults coming.

I booked ADRs for 6, thinking it would be easier to drop it than increase it. Other adults may not know if they are coming until 2 weeks before the trip.

Should I update the guest total when I know for sure? Or just leave it and only four people show up? I don’t want to be charged a fee, and I also don’t want to hang on to a large table others need.

As a side note, I just picked up BOG for the day and time I wanted at 170 days ish out. Now if I can get my 745 pm reservation for 1900 Park Fare to be earlier, the second birthday for my DD will be how I wanted it!

Its alway easier to drop than to add people to an ADR. As long as somebody shows up, you will not be chanrged a noshow fee.
When you know how many are coming, I would call the restaurant and change the number of guests. If the restaurant is busy, they will appreciate knowing they have another larger table available.

As the previous poster said, it's always easier to drop people from the ADR. We have done that before when DSS ended up not going on the trip or if one of the kids was sick and one of us had to stay with them back at the room. Adding people can happen - I find it is more likely to work if you are there during a less busy time or off hour, or if you have five and want to go to six where depending on the restaurant they are going to have to put you at the same table anyway.

Definitely book it for 6 and drop later if you need to. We were there with family a few days ago and I modified one of our reservations through the MDE app on the same day with no problems. Originally had 12 on the reservation, but the heat got to my husband's parents and they opted out of our big dinner..so I modified it to 10. You can't always add, but you can always drop.

I recently changed a reservation from 8 to 7 at Raglan Road. No problems or charges. As others have said, it is easier to drop than add to a existing reservation.

Definitely book it for 6 and drop later if you need to. We were there with family a few days ago and I modified one of our reservations through the MDE app on the same day with no problems. Originally had 12 on the reservation, but the heat got to my husband's parents and they opted out of our big dinner..so I modified it to 10. You can't always add, but you can always drop.

How did you modify a reservation to remove 2 guests? I went on the MDE app but could only search a new reservation and then replace the old one. The problem is that there are no more reservations at the restaurant we originally chose. I did not see a way to edit the existing ADR. Any info is much appreciated...I really do not want to lose this particular restaurant. Thank you!

When we went this past March we had a member of our party back out of the trip the day before we left. We didn’t adjust any of our ADRs prior to arriving, and we weren’t charged any fees. I’m not sure what the “official” policy is on part of a group not showing up, but we didn’t encounter any issues.

Our ADRs were at Be Our Guest, Sanaa, and Restaurant Marrakesh.

How did you modify a reservation to remove 2 guests? I went on the MDE app but could only search a new reservation and then replace the old one. The problem is that there are no more reservations at the restaurant we originally chose. I did not see a way to edit the existing ADR. Any info is much appreciated...I really do not want to lose this particular restaurant. Thank you!

If it isn't able to be changed don't worry about it. Let them know when you check in, they won't charge any no show fees as long as someone on the reservation shows up.

Just so you know I had a similar situation of not being sure how many people I would ultimately need. I Emailed Disney just to be sure and their “official” response was as long as someone shows up you won’t be charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter