Dryer balls- who uses them, and do they help with wrinkled clothes?

I use them and they reduce drying time. I’ve found that they prevent some of the tangling of bedsheets, too.

I don’t really have any wrinkling issues so I can’t help there.

We are allergic to wool and I don't like the idea of putting plastic into a hot dryer, so we don't use dryer balls.

Instead we sometimes use "PurEcosheet Reusable Dryer Sheets": https://www.purecosheet.com/

I got them at an allergy products store many years ago, but have seen them locally and online.

Also, as others have suggested smaller loads and lower water temp.

Also, does your dryer have a steam setting ? Ours does and it does a decent job of de-wrinkling.

Finally, sorting clothes better.

We rarely actually have to deal with wrinkling in the first place. HE washer and dryer (which I have other issues with, but not a wrinkling problem).

SW

I use dryer balls as my dd is allergic to many detergents and dryer sheets.

When I've forgotten to pull clothes out fast enough and they're wrinkled I toss in a small cup of ice cubes and turn the dryer back on. It's noisy for a couple of minutes but truly does the job well in removing set in wrinkles.

I haven't used dryer balls yet but just wanted to tell you I hate my HE washer. There were 8 washers to choose from and only one non HE. Should have bought that one. I hate not having a normal agitator & having to jam things away from the non-existent agitator middle. Everything is exactly as you say. Totally compressed. I shake everything before drying and then put in double dryer sheets. I know I'm old but so many times, the tried and true things are the easiest and best.

I'm interested in reading about the dryer balls.
I could not agree with you more!!! I hate my new HE washer and dryer combo. Clothes come out wrinkled from both machines. Doesn't add enough water. The dark clothes come out with soap residue all over them, and I use the little HE pods (only1 per load). I have to add buckets of water to a load of wash and it still doesn't really help. I wouldn't give you $10 for the set. Makes me sick to think I paid over $900 for the set. I would give anything for an "old washer" and dryer again

I could not agree with you more!!! I hate my new HE washer and dryer combo. Clothes come out wrinkled from both machines. Doesn't add enough water. The dark clothes come out with soap residue all over them, and I use the little HE pods (only1 per load). I have to add buckets of water to a load of wash and it still doesn't really help. I wouldn't give you $10 for the set. Makes me sick to think I paid over $900 for the set. I would give anything for an "old washer" and dryer again
YES!!!!!! I forgot to add the stupid soap residue on dark clothes. DESPISE it! Following all directions, all my darks need a 2nd rinse cycle. Absolutely crazy.

YES!!!!!! I forgot to add the stupid soap residue on dark clothes. DESPISE it! Following all directions, all my darks need a 2nd rinse cycle. Absolutely crazy.
Forgot to mention how long it takes to go through a wash cycle. Old machine would take about 25-30 minutes. New HE machine takes about 80 minutes to complete a basic wash cycle. Did I already say how much I hate it??????

I’m sorry to hear of the challenges with the HE appliances. My set is over 20 years old but only washes a few loads each week so not greatly used.

When it comes time to replace them I’ll keep your comments in mind!

We have an older (1991, I think) Kenmore washer that we just put a couple hundred dollars into because I've heard such bad things about the newer washers, and this thread is helping to validate my decision.

I use wool dryer balls. I have only two right now, but I think I'm going to pick a few more up for the drier winter air which leads to more static. I haven't had much problem with wrinkly clothes either, so maybe they're working for that or maybe we just have easy to care for clothing. I used to use dryer sheets, but I wanted something a bit more ecologically sound and also that didn't leave that residue on my lint trap. When we did use dryer sheets, I used only a half per load. Two dryer balls seem to be at least as effective as the half sheet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!