DS is REALLY sick!

S

susy

Well, our DS (age 4) has a sinus infection.

About three weeks ago he had a very bad ear infection and was on antibiotics for ten days. I guess he had a relapse, because he woke up on Friday with a fever, after coughing all night.

Took him to the doctor Friday-she put him on cough medicine and Zithromax

Sunday morning- still had a fever.

Took him back to doctor (on Sunday)- a different doctor saw him . It was the same one he saw for the ear infection. She believes it is a sinus infection that is kind of creeping its way into wherever it can (chest, ear). So, he had a shot yesterday and is now on a different antibiotic. I can't take much more of this!

Still had a fever this morning, but I gave him his first dose of the oral antibiotic and he seems to be feeling a little better. Not hungry at all and just wants to drink.

I will keep him out of school this week (the last week of camp) and then he will have a week off. He goes back the following week.

I also start teaching kindergarten (after 5 years at home) the same day. I was supposed to be there today (cleaning and setting up, etc), so all this is going on at once.

I just want him to get well!!!

At the end of our first week of school , we leave for AKL!!!! Right after school on the Friday of Labor Day weekend. It just doesn't seem like all these things that have to happen, will, in such a short amount of time. It is very discouraging- especially when I hear him in there coughing!
I have soooo much work to do!!!
Prayers and pixie dust please!!!!

Oh Geez when it rains it pours...... I hope he starts improving and you get him well!

Sending a helicopter full of PD your son's way!!

Poor guy, sounds like he got double-whammied with germs! Hope he feels better soon.
Pam

My goodness! I hope he feels better soon. That has to be hard on the whole family. {{{Hugs}}} to both of you.

DD had an ear infection/URI about a month or so ago. She was on augmentin (sp?) It took ten days for her to get over it. Usually, in a couple of days you can tell it's working, but this infection hung on. Not fun, I hope ds feels better real soon! Prayers and pixie dust headed your way!

My son has sinus problems too (went on his first antibiotic when he was 2 1/2 weeks old:( ). He's 6 yo now.

My son had frequent ear infections, too. He had tubes put in when he was a year old, and they helped a lot! He has the occassional ear infection now, but not like he did (he had 9 ear infections in 7 months prior to the tubes, he has an ear infection about once every 4-5 months now). I love that Zithromax! He willingly takes it, and you only have to give it to them for a couple of days!

His doctors won't give him Zithromax for his sinus infections. They wouldn't give it to him for his last ear infection either (he had 2 different kinds of ear infections in the same ear, and he also had a little bit of a rupture thing happening in there too:( ).

I hope your son gets to feeling better soon. {{hugs}} To help with the cough, prop him up on pillows to sleep or while he watches tv. If he lays down, that drainage will make him cough. Popsicles are good, too.:)

The poor boy! I hope he feels better soon. Sinus infections are no fun at all. Sending tons of PD his way so he feels better soon!

I hope your DS is feeling better soon!

I'm at home today with my DS...15 who is coughing/fever/hives and swollen feet and hands. We are on our way to the doctors.

This happens to be a VERY busy time in my work year as well, I am supposed to be picking out colors with clients right now for a 4 million dollar house, but what can you do...they need their mommies even when they're 15! My boss is upset, but DS comes first!

Just wanted you to know your not the only one.

Thanks guys!!!

He was feeling better,but the anitbiotics are already wreaking havoc on his digestive system. He also has a fever again. I just don't understand this!

Thank goodness for Sponge Bob!

Sounds like he might have a viral thing going on as well. If that is the case, antibiotics won't do a thing and the fever can go up and down for days. It is so hard, because you just want to give them something that will make them better right away. But when its viral it just has to run its course. If the fever lasts long enough the dr. might order some blood work. Best of luck, I hope he feels better soon.

Poor thing. I hope he's feeling better soon.

A sinus infection takes a long time to get better. My 10yo DD was really sick with one last year and it lasted about a week.

I'm saying a prayer right now for your son and your family!! Hope he is better soon!! Hugs to you......goof

he must be miserable:( Hope the meds kick in soon.

Your little fellow certainly does sound sick! Hope he gets to feeling better real soon! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Susy, so sorry to hear that. Sending truckloads of pixie dust for your little guy! Hope he feels much better soon!

ºoº~*~ºoº~*~ºoº~*~ºoº~*~ºoº~*~ºoº~*~ºoº~*~ºoº~*~

Sounds like your little one is feeling awful. Does he complain of pressure between his eyes? Try a warm washcloth on that area. Sometimes that helps relieve the pressure. Hope you both get some much needed rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter