DS to Publix then to BC?

lisalonglash

Yes, I love Pluto!
I have looked through several pages of this board to see if someone has asked the same question, but all the posts I found are for those who want to go from resort to airport or to US.

So what we would like to do is this:

- DME to BC upon arrival to check-in
- Disney bus to DS to hang out (family tradition on arrival day)
- *a safe, reasonably priced, dependable transportation option* to go from DS to Publix
- Do some quick in-room supplies shopping at Publix (I'm thinking 30-60 minutes tops)
- *a safe, reasonably priced, dependable transportation option* to go from Publix to BC

We have already looked into the various grocery delivery options and going to Publix in person will work best for us this time, as we're not flying with toiletries, water, sunscreen, fruit, etc.

What *safe, reasonably priced, dependable transportation option* would you choose or recommend for our family of four (two adults, one adult kid and one teen kid)?

Thank you! :thanks:

I agree Lyft or Uber would be your best bet and definitely the cheapest. Since they are available on demand, you'll be able to quickly get one from DS. When you're done shopping at Publix, you can call another one which shouldn't take long. It would also prevent you from being rushed while shopping, since you won't have someone waiting for you.

Another option is Tony Hinds. He is often recommended on the boards and is very reliable. He has a 12 passenger van and he often will include a grocery stop for people. I'm sure he could work in an hour wait into the cost if it doesn't make sense for him to leave and come back for you. The cons with his service is that it will be more expensive (but on par with other private car companies), and you'd have to schedule a pick-up time from Disney Springs as well as a pick-up time from Publix. So you'd be on more of a hard time schedule.

How about single day car rental at Dolphin/Swan? You could probably get a midsize for less than $30 a day. Take the boat to Swan, rent car, go to DS. Then go grocery shop wherever you want off property. Then back to BC to drop off groceries. Then back to Swan to drop off car. Boat back to BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter