DTD - now that hotel construction has been abandoned

Well, as long as Earl is back and stays back, then I'm happy! They can rework the rest of it, but Earl stays.

While we really miss the AMC (always a good ending for date night), for us, it feels like DTD is on an upswing. Better restaurants and fast food choices (Salt & Straw, yes!). A more lively feel all around -- at least it was like that during the holidays. Food trucks are fun. Having Starbucks West back is great! Now if we can get more bands back throughout DTD, not just at the Main Stage!
I agree and when we stayed at the DLH in November they had a nice variety of musicians playing (I remember one really talented man outside Naples). It was hopping when we were there. Although I do miss RFC for my son. I’d like it if they would put in a T-Rex Cafe like at Disney Springs!

Thanks for this thread! You guys have me excited to go to DTD on arrival day now. I was going to "burn" a ticket day with a late arrival plan, but now I'm going to take a few hours to enjoy DTD and it's updates. Thanks again!

Thanks for this thread! You guys have me excited to go to DTD on arrival day now. I was going to "burn" a ticket day with a late arrival plan, but now I'm going to take a few hours to enjoy DTD and it's updates. Thanks again!

We've been tempted to do the same thing - the only time we ever went on arrival day was our very first trip, and regretted doing so, and when we had APs a few years back. Our last two trips though we have made dinner reservations in DTD and just enjoyed the atmosphere, went shopping in the World of Disney and got nice and excited for heading to the parks for magic morning the next day. We also were able to get to bed at a decent time to be well rested for an early morning.

It's a great approach I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter