Dues on transferred points?

pianomanzano

DIS Veteran
Hypothetical question here. If you transferred points into your membership and the dues associated with that original contract where the points were transferred out are not paid, can those points still be used?

Not clear on question. If someone else transfers points to you, they become yours, and if the provider later fails to pay dues and loses reservation privileges, the points you have are still useable.

If you mean you are going to transfer points from one contract/use year to another one that you also own, and then stop paying dues on the first, then likely they will not allow you to use the transferred points.

Not clear on question. If someone else transfers points to you, they become yours, and if the provider later fails to pay dues and loses reservation privileges, the points you have are still useable.

If you mean you are going to transfer points from one contract/use year to another one that you also own, and then stop paying dues on the first, then likely they will not allow you to use the transferred points.
Sorry, yes was worded poorly. My hypothetical was the first situation you described (points were transferred in from another member) Although the second scenario (which I hadn't thought of) is interesting. Isn't that scenario the same as the first though? If a person wasn't current on one membership, does it have bearing on the other membership/UY?

Sorry, yes was worded poorly. My hypothetical was the first situation you described (points were transferred in from another member) Although the second scenario (which I hadn't thought of) is interesting. Isn't that scenario the same as the first though? If a person wasn't current on one membership, does it have bearing on the other membership/UY?

Because you are the owner of both memberships, they could lock you out of using your memberships until you settle on the dues.

So, it wouldnt be that the transferred points would not be usable, but a situation that the entire membership is halted if one is behind.

I thought that you cannot do a transfer if dues have not been paid for those points? But then how can someone transfer next year´s points? Does anyone know ? I have never done a transfer of future points and was wondering how this works. Will the person that receives next year´s point be responsible for the dues? Why would a member want to do that?

I thought that you cannot do a transfer if dues have not been paid for those points? But then how can someone transfer next year´s points? Does anyone know ? I have never done a transfer of future points and was wondering how this works. Will the person that receives next year´s point be responsible for the dues? Why would a member want to do that?
The issue is not whether dues that will become due later have not been paid, but only that dues that are already past due have not been paid, which prohibits a transfer. The member that does the transfer of points always remains the party liable for dues on them, not the recipient.

At any given point in time, as long as the member's dues payments are up to date, the member can transfer current use year points and the next use year points and not violate the one transfer per use year rule. And the recipients of the points can use them, and will not be liable for any dues even if the member who transferred the points later defaults on paying dues.

Last edited:
Remember that you’re not paying dues on the points per se. You’re paying for the maintenance and operations of your home resort. As an owner, you’re responsible for paying your share of those expenses whether you use your ownership or not (by staying there or allowing someone else to stay there).

Remember that you’re not paying dues on the points per se. You’re paying for the maintenance and operations of your home resort. As an owner, you’re responsible for paying your share of those expenses whether you use your ownership or not (by staying there or allowing someone else to stay there).
This makes sense. Now it is more clear, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter