Dumb? Question? Opening day--why are the parking lots open at midnight when it's only supposed to be hotel guests?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
What am I missing here?
I read about parking lots being open at midnight or 2:30 or some ungodly hour.
I thought only guests at the 3 Disney hotels had access to Galaxy's Edge. Where are the cars coming from if they are hotel guests?

Hotel guests had guaranteed reservations, a limited number of spots were free and first come first served.

People are going to want to be the first person in, even with a time slot, they’re going to want to be at the front of that slot.

What am I missing here?
I read about parking lots being open at midnight or 2:30 or some ungodly hour.
I thought only guests at the 3 Disney hotels had access to Galaxy's Edge. Where are the cars coming from if they are hotel guests?
Because of merchandise. Opening day merchandise at Disneyland is being held in Launch Bay. This would then be open to more than just those who have a reservation.

Only a very small percentage of the reservations are being held by hotel guests during the reservation period. The majority of them were reserved by whoever was able to grab one online the day they released them. We have one for June 16 and are locals with APs, not staying on property. My friend who lives in the same city snagged an opening day reservation at 8am to take her son, and they are planning to drive over at midnight, park, and sleep in the car so they can get out in line around 6am. They aren't there for opening day merchandise.

Got it! Thank you.
I'm surprised they opened up reservations to non-hotel guests for the first few weeks but perhaps there aren't that many guests to fill the land.

Got it! Thank you.
I'm surprised they opened up reservations to non-hotel guests for the first few weeks but perhaps there aren't that many guests to fill the land.

Yeah, if you have a hotel reservation you get a guaranteed reservation to the land during your stay that was assigned to you. Rest of the slots we're opened up to other guests but no guarantee of getting one without the hotel reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts