• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dumb Question?

No one really knows at this point with the exception that we know that our Deeded Lease expires.
I don't figure to be around to worry about it.

Not a dumb question at all and other than the resort ends, no one knows that's talking. There are many options and it's interesting to discuss, at least to me. Most people on the board seem to think it's so far in the future they won't have to worry about it. As the time draws near, someone will need to figure out the ins and outs.

2042? I'll be 77, will I still be able to go on Rock-N-Roller Coaster and drink around the World Showcase?

We figure our 10 year old daughter will have our membership by then - we'll be around 89 if we're still kicking. I figure the only ones that will be really upset will be the grandkids!

I'll be 98 then, and will definitely miss having DVC. Maybe they'll convert it to DVC II and then I can stay in the program until 2092......

In 2042 my prepaid dvc lodging will end - but I will have gotten my money's worth about 35-40 years earlier.

I'll be 83 years old, and will be happy to pay cash for the rest of my wdw trips, assuming DVC doesn't come out with some way to extend the program that appeals to me.

My opinion, I hope Disney will give DVCr's first rite of refusal on another 50 year package. I will definitely encourage my son to do it. By then, I'll be in my 70's and would have already given it to him. (I can't wait til my son marries ~ we plan on paying for the honeymoon)!!!!

Or, Disney may convert all vacation homes into hotels!

However, I think the latter is not worthwhile! This has been a great money maker for Disney and the timeshare population.......

Since I would be 101 at that time, I really don't think I'll worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter