Dunkin' sans "Donuts"

I also find their donuts to be a little dry. My favorite donuts are actually from a gas station chain we have here called Thorntons. They used to have a contract with Dunkin Donuts for theirs, but a few years ago went to making their own (they are made off site and brought into the stores). They are so good.

There aren’t many Duncan Donuts in Houston. I remember one when I was little that I liked. When they started opening more I was excited until I tried them. The donuts were awful, nothing like I remembered. The best donuts in Houston are from Shipley’s. Made fresh in every store and there is always one near you that is open 24 hours.

There aren’t many Duncan Donuts in Houston. I remember one when I was little that I liked. When they started opening more I was excited until I tried them. The donuts were awful, nothing like I remembered. The best donuts in Houston are from Shipley’s. Made fresh in every store and there is always one near you that is open 24 hours.

Oddly, there is a Dunkin Donuts at Houston Intercontinental (I think it's in Terminal B), and I think I remember one at Houston Hobby too. After years as a Massachusetts resident raised on DD, it took me several years to get used to the change, but now I prefer Shipleys also. But I still have a soft spot for Dunkin's.

My first thought was "They really are paying all this money just to change the name a little? Who got paid for this?"
No, they're not changing the name. This is the first of 50 new stores, with the different name, focus on coffee (including on tap), display cases in the counter instead of behind...
The running joke around here is how many people still drink Iced Coffee all winter!
Iced coffee is for wimps. Give me a frozen coffee any day. In fact, give me two like I had today. No sleep for me tonight.
As for donuts, it's hard to find a good Mom and Pop donut type shop that still makes their own donuts.
Kane's in Saugus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter