Dunkirk

Already preordered tickets for Friday night. It's my SO birthday and it's the only thing he requested so dinner and a movie it is!

Going on Friday with a friend who can't stand gore but is really excited. I figured I'd be hitting it alone, so I'm double excited!

I love Peaky Blinders too! Such a great cast - particularly Cillian Murphy and Tom hardy.

I am not bashing anyone for going, but I just cannot sit through the gore and the tramatic death scene's. There was a reason the WW2 vets came home and got on with their lives and did not talk and tell their families.
It does make me wonder how that generation didn't suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, unless they did and suffered in silence.
I saw "Unbroken" on Christmas Day, a few years ago and I am still traumatized by the movie.

I frequently struggle with intense movies and generally avoid them. That said, I haven't been to the movies in quite a while and am looking forward to this one.

I am not bashing anyone for going, but I just cannot sit through the gore and the tramatic death scene's. There was a reason the WW2 vets came home and got on with their lives and did not talk and tell their families.
It does make me wonder how that generation didn't suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, unless they did and suffered in silence.
I saw "Unbroken" on Christmas Day, a few years ago and I am still traumatized by the movie.

Mari - check out this story about a Bataan Death March Survivor. I think you'll find his spirit refreshing. I've done the Memorial Death March 3 times now and this man and the other survivors always serve to inspire.

Http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bataan-death-march-survivor-60-minutes/

According to everything I've studied, there was some major weirdness with that gen and especially the Lost Gen that came home from WWI. Sad:(

It does make me wonder how that generation didn't suffer from Post Traumatic Stress

They did, we just didn't n ow what it was then.

I am not for glorifying the war but I think realistic representations of it gore and all show the a horror we never want repeated, and show what that generation went through to give us a better understanding and appreciation.

They did suffer from PTSD, it just wasn't called that. Battle fatigue, shell shock (I think that was the WWI term). There's been a few names for it before PTSD. I don't think it was something that was really talked about or treated like it is now.

They did, we just didn't n ow what it was then.

I am not for glorifying the war but I think realistic representations of it gore and all show the a horror we never want repeated, and show what that generation went through to give us a better understanding and appreciation.

Totally agree. I understand the violence, gore, all of that is difficult to watch. I think it's supposed to be.

My grandfather was there. I never met him. He was an alcoholic who died in his forties. So not calling it PTSD doesn't mean they didn't suffer.

I also won't be seeing the movie. :(

All the good movies and Tv programs are coming from places other then USA. Hollywood is dead, no new ideals, just remakes and doing super heroes, are get one good movie follow it up with 5 more.

All the good movies and Tv programs are coming from places other then USA. Hollywood is dead, no new ideals, just remakes and doing super heroes, are get one good movie follow it up with 5 more.

Dunkirk has British actors, but it's a Warner Bros. Studio movie. Christopher Nolan is the director.

I agree that there are far too many remakes going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter