Dunkirk

It's just a movie, guys. I thought it was great! Other people don't have to. It's all good. I still think while "Get Out" was a more original movie, its got NOTHING on the directorial business of "Dunkirk."

If you don't like "There Will Be Blood" - that's crazy talk, but its ok too:)

It's just a movie, guys. I thought it was great! Other people don't have to. It's all good. I still think while "Get Out" was a more original movie, its got NOTHING on the directorial business of "Dunkirk."

If you don't like "There Will Be Blood" - that's crazy talk, but its ok too:)

I don't really care who likes or doesn't like whatever movie. I do have a problem with someone jumping on me for something someone else posted and saying it was me. That's really not "all good".

I don't really care who likes or doesn't like whatever movie. I do have a problem with someone jumping on me for something someone else posted and saying it was me. That's really not "all good".

1) Don't be so sensitive.
2) You replied to the poster who said it was the worst "movie of the past 10 years" and "overrated" and you agreed with them on it.

So that's why I've essentially grouped you together. Stop acting like I drop kicked your puppy.

1) Don't be so sensitive.
2) You replied to the poster who said it was the worst "movie of the past 10 years" and "overrated" and you agreed with them on it.

So that's why I've essentially grouped you together. Stop acting like I drop kicked your puppy.

No I didn't.. The post I quoted said nothing about it being the worst movie of the past ten years. You seem to have an issue with reading tonight.
I really don't think the person who is so upset that someone didn't like There Will Be Blood should telling anyone else to not be so sensitive.

I'm wanting to see Dunkirk but I'll probably see it when it is released on premium (HBO/Starz, etc) or Netflix or gets to the library as no one else around me is interested in seeing it (not into going to the movies by myself). It looks like a really good movie.

My family and some friends feel the same way about going to a movie alone and I just don't understand it. I LOVE going to the movies alone. I love going to the movies period but you are not supposed to be talking anyway so I have no problem going by myself, picking the seat I want (always an aisle) and arriving when I want (to see all the trailers). My husband hates going to the movies. Plus I don't have to share the popcorn LOL!!! I hate when people talk in a movie theatre.

MJ

My family and some friends feel the same way about going to a movie alone and I just don't understand it. I LOVE going to the movies alone. I love going to the movies period but you are not supposed to be talking anyway so I have no problem going by myself, picking the seat I want (always an aisle) and arriving when I want (to see all the trailers). My husband hates going to the movies. Plus I don't have to share the popcorn LOL!!! I hate when people talk in a movie theatre.

MJ
My mom doesn't mind going to movies alone either. I'm just not there yet lol

I also hate when people talk in a movie. Most of our theaters are reserved seating now anyways but that does come with problems when people choose to not sit where their ticket says their seat is. I love the trailers too! We tend to arrive at the movie theater at least 20 mins early but most times it's 30 mins early. It's not as important with reserved seating but still I like getting there and seeing the pre-show and the trailers.

My husband and I both love the movies and generally speaking like the same movies with some exceptions (like Dunkirk lol).

We saw it last night. We liked it, but didn't think it was outstanding. The dialogue was hard to hear sometimes. Probably our fault for seeing it at the drive in instead of the theater. Although we do go to the drive in very frequently, have a good sound system in a new car & never have problems hearing things. It was just that with the loud music & quick dialogue with the British accents, we missed several lines.

Personally, I do not enjoy movies that have storylines that advance, then go back, then forward, then back etc. So I was a little frustrated with the jumping between storylines. I think that's the biggest reason I didn't enjoy the movie more. I appreciate all that went into creating an epic movie & the heros of the battle however.

Im late to the party but I just saw Dunkirk this afternoon

HOLY COW

It deserves to win every Oscar. Hands down. Bar none. It's one of the best movies I have ever seen and I'm not into war movies at ALL

I saw it in IMAX and it made my insides rumble lol (not good when you're two weeks post op)

The score was amazing..it built the tension so much.

I really can't say enough about this movie. I just saw it and I want to see it again to catch the parts I missed the first time.

I would suggest seeing this movie on the big screen. A tv screen won't do it justice.

We saw Dunkirk in IMAX and they cranked the volume up so loud the seats vibrated through much of the movie. The dialog was distorted and hard to understand because it was just too loud. They probably should call in a building inspector to check for cracked plaster in the ceiling. If I had known it would be that loud I would have brought head phones to protect my ears. The resulting headache lasted throughout the night and most of the next day. Advil is my friend.

As war movies go, Schindler's List and Saving Ryan's Privates were so much better.

We saw Dunkirk in IMAX and they cranked the volume up so loud the seats vibrated through much of the movie. The dialog was distorted and hard to understand because it was just too loud. They probably should call in a building inspector to check for cracked plaster in the ceiling. If I had known it would be that loud I would have brought head phones to protect my ears. The resulting headache lasted throughout the night and most of the next day. Advil is my friend.

As war movies go, Schindler's List and Saving Ryan's Privates were so much better.

Lol, did you mean to say Saving Ryan's Privates? I think you're thinking of another version, not a war movie :D

War movies are my favorite movies. Imo I thought Dunkirk was very boring.

I don't know how you could possibly find it boring but that just shows different strokes for different folks.

I agree with you, some of the dialogue was very hard to understand. I found that the most in the fighter plane scenes.

My insides felt like they were bouncing around for most of the movie. I'm glad I took some painkillers in advance.

And, as a separate rant..since when are there 10 minutes of commercials before the trailers start? If I wanted to see a car commercial I'd watch tv. Even then it would mostly be on pvr and I'd fast forward it.

My parents invited me to come watch Dunkirk with them a few nights ago and I went because I love movie theatre popcorn but didn't expect to care for the movie. But I actually enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan or war movies, or action movies really, but this one kept me interested.
The movie wasn't gory at all, nothing that ever made me want to turn my head. The only thing that kind of confused me was the timing of the three different stories coming together. Sometimes it was day and they would switch to night and then back to that first day. Kind of hard to keep up with but still a great movie

I was engrossed the entire time. I thought it looked beautiful, really stunning. I enjoyed the multiple timelines, thought that was brilliantly done. The sound editing was amazing, those rifle shots made me jump every time, even though I knew they were coming.

However, the music was too over the top for me in places, the high pitched violins etc. I did appreciate the clock ticking in the music at different tempos depending on which timeline was being presented, but Zimmer is just too much for me sometimes.

I also never got the impression that were actually 400,000 on the beach, visually. It looked like lots of soldiers but not as many as that. I understand that the beach was miles long so they were spread out, but I think the shear numbers of soldiers rescued, a miraculous feat, could have been portrayed better.

All in all, I thought it was very well done, and would see it again. Also, see it in the very biggest IMAX screen you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter