Dutch & Matt Take On Disney - Our First Time in Forever Feb 2020 TR - UPDATED 5/27 - COMPLETE

Almost a little too determined :laughing: . We must have stood at that front desk for close to 30 minutes while she went back and forth over different options. Did we want a high floor? Low floor? Close to lobby? Close to boardwalk? Daybed? No daybed? Full balcony? It was really kind - but also a bit overwhelming.

giphy.gif

So many choices...

I kept answering her questions because I knew she was trying and I think she kept asking them because she wanted to help - but it got to the point where I think we were both overwhelmed. Finally I was just like "We'll take any room! Whatever you have available!":rotfl:

:laughing: That was really sweet of her though!

49606762736_2dab3f0370_c.jpg

The view from our room!

Nice! :thumbsup2

Sidenote: As you've probably guessed - they never called our boarding group :sad1:.

Bummer! I hope you got on another day!

49606692411_556d98abae_c.jpg

Would love this picture if I could crop out that man :rotfl:

Still a nice picture. I didn't even notice the man until you pointed him out!

49606690826_345f5d7f56_c.jpg

Daisy was our QUEEN

Sassy!

Our waitress was really nice as well! She asked if we were brothers ... and when we told her we weren't she just kept saying "Oh how wonderful! That is wonderful!" And continued to say it every time she came by our table. I think she was thrown for a moment :laughing:. Matt and I often play a game called "How Long Until?" and we wait and see how long until someone asks if we're brothers :rotfl2:.

Oh, jeez! :rotfl:

Well, I doubt this particular waitress will be asking anyone else that question again!

After our delicious breakfast we headed back to the room and I was astonished at the Mousekeeping! They hung up my sweater, organized all of our stuff, and did towel animals!

49606688561_9f2841d1da_c.jpg

All organized!

49606178433_08d6feaeb2_c.jpg

You can see the two towel animals (and all the extra products they gave us)!

Wow, how nice! I love Mousekeeping. It's one of the things I miss most when staying DVC. So when we do get a cash room, I would never opt out.

After lunch - and a requisite 15 minutes of "I'll go explore over here - while you go look at those shops - so we have time to ourselves following our moments of disagreement" :rotfl:- we headed over to Test Track.

Sometimes that's all you need :P

Because we hadn't been able to get on RoR the day before - Disney added "anytime" Fast Passes to our account. Score! Test Track was down for the first part of our trip and we weren't able to get FP's for the second half ... so we used our anytime FP on Test Track!

Awesome!

We ran into Kevin on our way to Expedition Everest...

49606936672_6ffa82cc48_c.jpg

:love:

There was a guy in front of us who first refused to slide over in his row (after being asked multiple times) and then at the beginning of the show was practically standing up/ holding his phone in the air to record :sad2:. Someone else asked him to sit down but he wasn't happy about it ... thankfully a CM came over and politely demanded. The guy made some comments about paying for an over-priced ticket and how he was going to get the best view. As if we all hadn't paid for tickets.

Ugh. There's one in ever crowd :sad2:

Rivers of Light was a lot of fun - in terms of nighttime entertainment it ranked as our 3rd favorite. I think we might have enjoyed it a little more had it not started to get so cold. I mean it was
f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g.

I've still never seen it, though I've planned to many times, we just never feel like staying or going back for whatever reason. One of these days...

Originally - we had plans to go to Flying Fish for dinner that night - but we ended up opting to stay at YC. We managed to snag a last minute reservation at Beaches & Cream - which was delicious.

I got the Veggie Burger and Matt got the Cheeseburger...

49606934802_f5daa17703_z.jpg

49606683776_0f074f328d_z.jpg

What luck to score a B&C reservation. That looks yummy!

Hey Dutch! Just joining your fun trip report, you guys are so cute, I love how much you guys love the Muppets. I live for the 2011 movie, it's such a masterpiece :laughing:

Thanks for sharing your stay at Caribbean Beach, while we're on lockdown here in the UK I've been dreaming up imaginary Disney trips, one of them being at CB since the Skyliner is SO handy there now! I've never been too sure about CB but from your report it actually looks great. The quick service food looks really good! I also really want to try Sebastian's there.

Also that Fantasmic dessert tray you got looks awesome! I've made a mental note of that one :thumbsup2

It actually looks like our trips overlapped slightly, our last day was Feb 26th this year!

Looking forward to hearing more :goodvibes

You mean you all didn't get the word that "that guy" the world revolves around was going to be in attendance that evening?
:rotfl: We missed the memo
Even this quote gave me that sinking feeling for a brief moment, and it's not even my trip! Must be a trigger.:confused3
Definitely!! Clearly - it's taken a bit of motivation for me to post!

There was a sitcom called “Dharma and Greg” about a hippie and her conservative husband. The character once made a joke about telling people they were brother and sister then making out In public until someone puked.
This is what your brother anecdote made me think of. It’s better that you aren’t brothers. It would be criminal for only one sibling to get those eyelashes.
:rotfl::rotfl:Too funny and so true!

Joining in! Loving your trip report so far. Seems like yall had a great time.
:welcome: Thanks for joining in!!
YC looks like it was so nice and peaceful. Hope yall are doing okay in NYC with all this craziness.
We loved YC - we are hanging in there - thankfully! :goodvibes

:laughing: That was really sweet of her though!
SO sweet!
Well, I doubt this particular waitress will be asking anyone else that question again!
At least for the rest of that shift I'm sure she didn't :rotfl:
Wow, how nice! I love Mousekeeping. It's one of the things I miss most when staying DVC. So when we do get a cash room, I would never opt out.
We :love: Mousekeeping (and if we ever were able to get DVC - I think it's also one of the things we would miss!)

Hey Dutch! Just joining your fun trip report, you guys are so cute, I love how much you guys love the Muppets. I live for the 2011 movie, it's such a masterpiece :laughing:
Yay!! :welcome: and YES Muppets!! We love them :rotfl:
Thanks for sharing your stay at Caribbean Beach, while we're on lockdown here in the UK I've been dreaming up imaginary Disney trips, one of them being at CB since the Skyliner is SO handy there now! I've never been too sure about CB but from your report it actually looks great. The quick service food looks really good! I also really want to try Sebastian's there.
I hear you! We are on lockdown here in NYC too - and we are dreaming up future stays! We weren't certain about CB either - but we ended up really liking it - the Skyliner was amazing!!
It actually looks like our trips overlapped slightly, our last day was Feb 26th this year!
OMG! Waving a delayed hello!! :wave2::wave2:

Hi Everyone!!
Major apologies for the delay in updates and wrap-up! We're going on who knows how many days of "pause" here in NYC - not complaining - it is totally necessary and I am beyond thankful to be healthy and for our state leadership/essential workers - so it's been a bit difficult to get motivated to write about the trip. In the beginning I was enjoying reliving the memories - but the past few weeks it kind of just left me feeling a bit sad :sad1:. That being said - I am feeling motivated again and ready to relive the final days of the trip! So - here we go!

Friday was a "scheduled" free day - the only things we had planned was a trip to MK in the evening to use some FP's and to catch Happily Ever After.

We woke up around 8:00am (leisurely compared to the beginning of our trip :laughing:) and I decided to go for a walk around YC while Matt spent some time hanging out in the room.

49606196058_85157593d7_c.jpg

49606705511_648d03ae91_c.jpg

I LOVE these floral displays!

49606195263_a8b5d4463a_c.jpg

Spent a little time in the Beach Club Solarium - love this space!

Around 9:00a.m., I headed back to the room, and Matt and I had a breakfast of leftover Amazon Prime Snacks that we were trying to eat up (I think a bagel and granola bar? Breakfast of Champions :laughing:). We then decided to head to Disney Springs to do a little shopping and daytime exploring. It's crazy to me how much it has expanded over the years - I still find myself calling it Downtown Disney in my head ::yes::.

We requested an Uber and were there in no time!

We were mainly shopping for family and friends back home - so we knew we were going to stop at World of Disney - other than that we were pretty much just wondering!

49606704336_9653aa6641_c.jpg

49606703906_e5a5259aa0_c.jpg

We stopped at the Savannah Bee Company and the store associate was SO kind - we ended up buying some Whipped Honey (which is SOOO good - and I am not a big honey person).

We then stopped at Joffrey's and got some Iced Tea...
49606954607_e12851c4c0_c.jpg

And then Earl of Sandwich for some lunch - I got this salad and I think Matt got a sandwich? Not 100% sure

49606703246_c1f3fe072d_c.jpg

We stopped at the Pin Store and then wandered through the Marketplace area - we grabbed some wax melts which smelled like the Yacht Club and Caribbean Beach Resort - sooo cool!
49606954387_58270ff089_c.jpg

Finally - we made it to our last stop - World of Disney! I had actually done most of my shopping at the other stores/earlier in the week but Matt still had some catch up shopping to do for family back home.

I did come across this wall of Tumbler's - it took everything in me not to buy them ALL (I did purchase the blue one earlier in the week).

49606196288_2ab6c05165_c.jpg

We had plans to head to Epcot to pick up a few last minute things in WS - I could tell Matt was feeling a bit out of it and after checking in with him - he conceded that he was feeling a bit off and wanted to head back to rest for a little bit. I think we had been doing SO much for so many days - that when we finally stopped to slow down it all hit him at once (plus it was our last "full" day).

I, however, am a crazy person and decided to head off to WS :jumping1:

Since Matt was heading back to the resort I gave him my purchases and we parted ways.

giphy.gif

Accurate depiction of Matt with all of our purchases :laughing:

I called an Uber and was at the International Gateway in no time, and made my way over to WS. I was mainly there to pick up a couple last minute presents. On the way, I managed to hop on Living with the Land, which I thoroughly enjoyed ::yes::.

49606703071_ec923d1934_c.jpg

49606954187_1e586fdcce_c.jpg

I then stopped at the Disney Visa Character Spot - Matt and I had every signature we wanted on our picture frames except for Mickey Mouse. I asked the CM working the front if Mickey was signing autographs and she said - in the most monotone and completely unamused tone "There's lots of Magical Characters inside - go in and see." :rolleyes:

So ... I did just that and I ended up getting in line. After waiting for about 10 minutes, however, and barely moving anywhere, with no certain promise of Mickey, I decided to leave the line. I was also feeling a little self conscious. I was surrounded by a large family and heard one of their kids ask one of the adults what I was doing there. Said adult replied "I'm not sure - I thought meeting characters was for children not adults." :o

Usually - I'm not affected by stuff like that - but for some reason this time it got me! And so - this is where I have to laugh at myself. Because I started feeling all self-conscious about being an adult waiting to meet a character, once I decided to leave, I then became all self-conscious about abruptly getting out of line :laughing:

So I texted Matt and asked him to call me so I could act like someone was calling to tell me I needed to be someplace else :lmao:I literally texted him and said "Call me and act like you need me to come meet you somewhere" God bless him for doing it :laughing:

Needless to say I got out of line quickly...
giphy.gif

After my line ordeal - I finally made it over to WS and stopped at Karamell-Kuche to grab some popcorn and other snack-gifts before heading out of the park. I also grabbed some pictures of the topiaries which they were setting up for Food and Garden...

49606702916_4d3865ca12_c.jpg

49606953847_4e6677912c_c.jpg

49606702341_3c59c699b1_c.jpg

49606701976_fbd3dbac6a_c.jpg

I joined Matt back at YC and after hanging out in the room for a little bit - we decided to spend some time down at the quiet pool before heading to MK for the evening.

49606952767_eb9d88a5ca_c.jpg

As usual - we had the pool to ourselves and loved being so close. It was fantastic and made for a relaxing afternoon ::yes::.

Up Next: Our Final Evening at MK!

Last edited:

You made me laugh with your “sneaking out of line” phone call move. I’m such an awkward turtle I feel self conscious all the time so I felt you on that one! Your report is great and so detailed - I admire how many notes you’ve managed to remember. I’m only doing a dining report and am finding it hard to remember all we did! Keep up the great work and looking forward to reading about your MK evening

Major apologies for the delay in updates and wrap-up! We're going on who knows how many days of "pause" here in NYC - not complaining - it is totally necessary and I am beyond thankful to be healthy and for our state leadership/essential workers - so it's been a bit difficult to get motivated to write about the trip. In the beginning I was enjoying reliving the memories - but the past few weeks it kind of just left me feeling a bit sad :sad1:. That being said - I am feeling motivated again and ready to relive the final days of the trip! So - here we go!
I can't imagine how it is down there in the city, it's crappy enough up here 90 minutes north of you :( I have my ups and downs but am feeling better today with the knowledge that parts of "us" are opening Friday! Not us lol we still have some metrics to meet but just knowing it's getting nearer - I hope your days are getting brighter also!
I LOVE these floral displays!
Once we watched a floral CM change a huge display in the GF lobby; it was amazing!
I was surrounded by a large family and heard one of their kids ask one of the adults what I was doing there. Said adult replied "I'm not sure - I thought meeting characters was for children not adults." :o
:rolleyes: I so understand how you felt and years ago would have probably done something similar! But had I been behind you, behind that family? I would have had a hard time not saying something to them regarding their answer!
One is NEVER too old for Disney - and that includes meeting characters :snooty:

I can totally see how difficult it might be to write a trip report during this time. I thought it would be for me too, but it's honestly been more therapeutic for me. Writing an entire day a day has been the one constant this entire quarantine. It keeps me on a schedule, which has been the most difficult thing for me since there's little to look forward to some days on the daily. It also reminds me of the better times and what by staying inside I'm working to get back to, what we're all working to get back to. I don't know why I'm mentioning that, but maybe it's something worth thinking about. Anyways, I'm glad you're back to finish this report out! :teeth:

Omg, I love that solarium. It was a wild adventure trying to find it the one time I had friends run off to there, but gosh perfect place for tea seshes if you catch my drift.

Looks like you had a nice morning in Springs. I totally get Matt feeling run down. It really does catch up with you the minute the blood starts flowing as fast and the adrenaline isn't racing.

Also, why is that gif total S/O of a Taurus energy? I don't know if you're a Taurus, but I just know if I had a boyfriend that would be him after making the horrible decision to let me go on a shopping spree. Also, that is the reason why I became a cast member where I didn't feel the need to overload on my one shopping day a trip.

Ugh, it's a shame you got out of line since Mickey is at C-Spot regularly with Minnie and Goofy. Wish that attendant hadn't been so blasé and vague about your question. I'm surprised they didn't give a direct answer, really weird. Also I'm dying at how you got out of line. Hate those Karens. I would've happily stayed in that line just to spite them and I have. I've had many stories with them making comments like that about me and gosh... karma is a you-know-what for them haha

I don't know what it is about that Disney Visa line, but it is always SO slow! We had a very similar experience that weekend--I think we waited at least 15 minutes without moving.

Ugh. I hate it when adults feel the need to Disney-shame other adults. :sad2: It's just so unnecessary and is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves.

Other than that though, it sounds like you had a lovely morning in Springs and in Epcot! Can't wait to read about your night in MK! :)

Really enjoying your report - thank you for carrying on with the updates, even in this strange time. It's easy to feel a whole rollercoaster of emotions - I know I am! - but I'm glad you're staying safe at home.

In the beginning I was enjoying reliving the memories - but the past few weeks it kind of just left me feeling a bit sad :sad1:.

I'm on that same roller-coaster with you. I have to finish up my cruise report from last April and some days I have completely free and I just can't write.

We stopped at the Pin Store and then wandered through the Marketplace area - we grabbed some wax melts which smelled like the Yacht Club and Caribbean Beach Resort - sooo cool!
49606954387_58270ff089_c.jpg

I love that you took a picture in there. It makes me wish I was standing there right now ::yes::

Since Matt was heading back to the resort I gave him my purchases and we parted ways.

giphy.gif

Accurate depiction of Matt with all of our purchases :laughing:

:rotfl:

I love Sandra!

I was also feeling a little self conscious. I was surrounded by a large family and heard one of their kids ask one of the adults what I was doing there. Said adult replied "I'm not sure - I thought meeting characters was for children not adults." :o

Awful. Parenting fail right there :sad2:

I also grabbed some pictures of the topiaries which they were setting up for Food and Garden...

49606702916_4d3865ca12_c.jpg

49606953847_4e6677912c_c.jpg

:love:

You made me laugh with your “sneaking out of line” phone call move. I’m such an awkward turtle I feel self conscious all the time so I felt you on that one! Your report is great and so detailed - I admire how many notes you’ve managed to remember. I’m only doing a dining report and am finding it hard to remember all we did! Keep up the great work and looking forward to reading about your MK evening
Thank you!! I'm so glad you're enjoying :goodvibes . Totally an awkward turtle as well :laughing:

I can't imagine how it is down there in the city, it's crappy enough up here 90 minutes north of you :( I have my ups and downs but am feeling better today with the knowledge that parts of "us" are opening Friday! Not us lol we still have some metrics to meet but just knowing it's getting nearer - I hope your days are getting brighter also!
Yes - definitely feel you on the ups and downs!! I keep reminding myself the only way out - is through! :grouphug:
Once we watched a floral CM change a huge display in the GF lobby; it was amazing!
OMG - I would love to see that! My inner Martha Stewart would come alive :rotfl:
:rolleyes: I so understand how you felt and years ago would have probably done something similar! But had I been behind you, behind that family? I would have had a hard time not saying something to them regarding their answer!
One is NEVER too old for Disney - and that includes meeting characters :snooty:
NEVER too old!! One of those moments where in retrospect I had ten different ideas of things I wish I had said

I can totally see how difficult it might be to write a trip report during this time. I thought it would be for me too, but it's honestly been more therapeutic for me. Writing an entire day a day has been the one constant this entire quarantine. It keeps me on a schedule, which has been the most difficult thing for me since there's little to look forward to some days on the daily. It also reminds me of the better times and what by staying inside I'm working to get back to, what we're all working to get back to. I don't know why I'm mentioning that, but maybe it's something worth thinking about. Anyways, I'm glad you're back to finish this report out! :teeth:
Totally!! I keep remembering the way out is through! I have to head over to your report - I have so much catching up to do :goodvibes
Omg, I love that solarium. It was a wild adventure trying to find it the one time I had friends run off to there, but gosh perfect place for tea seshes if you catch my drift.
1000% :rotfl:
Also, why is that gif total S/O of a Taurus energy? I don't know if you're a Taurus, but I just know if I had a boyfriend that would be him after making the horrible decision to let me go on a shopping spree. Also, that is the reason why I became a cast member where I didn't feel the need to overload on my one shopping day a trip.
:laughing: I'm not - but I think I might have a taurus rising? Or setting? I'm so bad at astrology (I'm a Cancer). If I lived in FL - I would have become a CM yesterday just for the CM store!

I don't know what it is about that Disney Visa line, but it is always SO slow! We had a very similar experience that weekend--I think we waited at least 15 minutes without moving.
So strange! Especially since they make it seem so "special" :confused3
Ugh. I hate it when adults feel the need to Disney-shame other adults. :sad2: It's just so unnecessary and is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves.
I know - me too :sad2:

Just stumbled on your report. I’ve really enjoyed binge reading it!
:welcome:Thanks for reading!!

Really enjoying your report - thank you for carrying on with the updates, even in this strange time. It's easy to feel a whole rollercoaster of emotions - I know I am! - but I'm glad you're staying safe at home.
Thank YOU for reading!! A strange time indeed ::yes::

I'm on that same roller-coaster with you. I have to finish up my cruise report from last April and some days I have completely free and I just can't write.
Totally (also - I am going to have to go catch up on that!! ::yes::)
I love that you took a picture in there. It makes me wish I was standing there right now ::yes::
It was probably my new fav part of DS! I loved that area!

I am loving your trip report and need to go back and read your other ones! Do not let those nasty cats dampen your Disney spirit - I am a 60 year young Disney lover that travels mostly solo and will ride and eat and see characters with wild abandon!

Your TR really takes me to my favorite place - missed my March trip and will skip July this year too but hoping for November.

Stay safe!

Thanks for the trip report! I was just there in March! When reading your trip report it felt like I was back at my second home!
Yay! So glad you are enjoying :goodvibes

I am loving your trip report and need to go back and read your other ones!
So glad you are enjoying!! :goodvibes
Do not let those nasty cats dampen your Disney spirit - I am a 60 year young Disney lover that travels mostly solo and will ride and eat and see characters with wild abandon!
I love that!! :love:
Your TR really takes me to my favorite place - missed my March trip and will skip July this year too but hoping for November.

Stay safe!
Patiently awaiting the day we can all go back safely! ::yes:: Crossing my fingers for November for you!!

Chapter Fourteen: A Magical MK Evening

Before we get started with our evening - I left out some of the most important pictures from the morning! An incredibly awkward - actually kind of hilarious - series of photos we got done at the PhotoPass Studio in Disney Springs!

Full Disclaimer: Our PhotoPass photographer literally did not tell us when she was taking the photos. We were really trying to engage with her and she was simply not feeling us :confused3 :rotfl: .

49612209012_f05a271ff0_z.jpg

49612209607_30c073b897_z.jpg

49611432333_d86704e923_z.jpg

In retrospect - maybe I was the only one really trying to engage and go for it :o:lmao:It appears my photo partner was a little less than enthused....

Anyway - back to the afternoon - after spending a good bit of time by the quiet pool we headed back upstairs to change and catch an Uber over to the Contemporary. Sadly, my 50% off rides coupon had finally run out, but it still beat taking a bus!

We had three FP's planned - Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarfs, and Big Thunder - and so we headed to our first FP of the evening at Haunted Mansion.

And ... once again ... we couldn't find the camera.

49620369212_b5ae8fca08_z.jpg

(I think this was me telling Matt to get ready for the pic)

While in line for HM we placed a mobile order at Columbia Harbor House - we both got lobster rolls and they were delicious! Sadly - they were so good - we didn't stop to take pics. But I highly recommend!

We then headed to Seven Dwarfs - one of our favorite rides to do with FP - it was fun as always!

49606952667_b5cbbd22eb_z.jpg

Strange ... Matt looks so much more enthusiastic here than he did at our "photoshoot" that morning :rolleyes1

49606191143_27c56a9bd5_z.jpg

You'll notice we changed coats ... someone (me) got it in his head he wanted to try wearing the blue coat instead. Let's just say it only lasted 30 minutes before we changed back :laughing:

We then backtracked over to Frontier Land and caught the Country Bears - it was the only time we managed to see them this trip (and we both said we have to see them twice next time). There's just something so Disney about those bears! Plus I still remember watching the VHS as a kid!

We also got lucky because they were making an appearance in Frontierland when we left ...

49606952497_02f5f29f91_z.jpg

After a quick ride on Big Thunder - which we both love riding at night since we can see all of MK lit up - we wandered over to Tomorrowland to ride the PeopleMover and stake out a spot for the fireworks.

The coolest thing happened while we were on the PeopleMover - Space Mountain was down for about 15 minutes and we happened to ride by just after they turned the lights on to investigate.
**skip these photos if you don't want to see Space Mountain exposed** :laughing:

49606952327_e04508ca11_z.jpg

49606701071_8627b99267_z.jpg

We both thought it was really cool seeing what Space Mountain looked like in regular light. It's amazing what good lighting and some sound effects can do ::yes::

After SM, we headed back across the Tomorrowland bridge, and grabbed a spot for the fireworks. We still had about 35 minutes until the show was starting - but we wanted to make sure we had a good spot since it was the first and last time we would be seeing it this trip.

It also had become ridiculously cold. Like step side to side, jump up and down, summon images of tropical beaches cold.

That being said - Happily Ever After was awesome! Both of us had never seen it before - and we purposefully didn't watch it on YouTube so we could experience it in person. It did not disappoint! A definite highlight of our trip and we were so glad we caught it on our last night. I don't have many photos because we were just trying tot take it in - but here is a shot of our view!

49606951917_f781581109_z.jpg

It was a great spot to watch - we were near an "edge" so we didn't feel packed in but we also had a complete view of the castle projections and fireworks.

In order to avoid some of the crowds once the fireworks finished - we headed over to Monsters Inc. Which was hysterical. We also got called out on the camera two different times - the first time caught us eating popcorn, the second time caught us arguing because someone was eating all of said popcorn. :rotfl:I WISH we had a picture!

After Monster's Inc. we headed over to Haunted Mansion one final time - I wanted to see if they had a PhotoPass photographer out for any of the Haunted Mansion photo ops. Sadly, they didn't, and we both were really cold so we passed on riding HM and began to make our way out of the park.

We did, however, stop at some PhotoPass photographer's on Main Street.

49620098836_99fee34a3a_z.jpg

49611949781_95d0ee156b_z.jpg

49606700761_4235468cc2_z.jpg

Bye MK!

Despite the cold, we were feeling a bit adventurous, and so we decided to hop on the monorail over to the Polynesian. Matt really wanted to check out the resort and we were both feeling a little hungry - so we combined a trip to the resort with a stop at Captain Cook's.

49606190108_68240665a6_z.jpg

49606951552_499e1e7a3d_z.jpg

I loved these lights!

Matt got a flatbread and I got a chicken skewer kids meal! In retrospect - I'm not sure why we didn't head to Tambu Lounge to try the noodles or bread pudding from Ohana - it didn't even cross our minds!

After a quick stop at the gift shop, we called an Uber, and headed back to YC!

Wanting to savor every last minute, once we got back to our room, we headed out and spent some time on the balcony. We bundled up in all the blankets we could find and grabbed some hot chocolate from Ale & Compass.

49606951342_68e3579862_z.jpg

This is why Matt takes the selfies ... I never know where to look :laughing:

Despite the fact that it was 40 degrees there were still people by the pool! Not in the pool - but next to the pool in their swimwear. Not I. Not me. Not this lifetime. Or the next. Will you ever catch me poolside in 40 degree weather :rotfl:

With that - we called it a night on our final full day in Disney!

Up Next: Final Disney Morning & Journey Home!

Last edited:
Those photos from the Photopass Studio are actual gems. Truly works of art. I hope Disney one day uses them as advertisements. Seriously.

What a fun evening in MK! That camera on HM is impossible to find. Every photo I've seen and I have on it has everyone looking up when it somehow is directly ahead???

I'm so jealous you got to see Space Mountain with the lights on from the PeopleMover. As someone who has ridden it with the lights on, I still want to see it from that angle. Probably would be better than what riding it with the lights on is like.

Love all those Main Street photos especially one with that Mickey design added. Definitely looks like a big turn around from your morning in Springs.

Ah, the Poly after a day at MK. Perfect way to end your evening. And hot chocolate on your little balcony, love it. Seems like the perfect last night right there.

Just found your TR yesterday and I'm now caught up! Really enjoyed reading about your adventure. Nice that you had plenty of park time but also hung out at the resort. YC is so $$ it seems like you should take the time to enjoy your beautiful surroundings. Thanks for continuing on with updates. Hard to keep the spirits up but reading about fun times is a nice diversion. We had to cancel our March trip, moved it to Sept but that may not happen either. Not sure I'd want to wear a mask all day - assuming they're open. Hoping this is all behind us soon!

Glad to see you post more updates! I totally feel you on the sadness of reliving such happy memories while stuck at home. While Philly hasn’t been as bad as NYC, we still have a stay at home order and it’s been weighing on me more with each week.

I think having a “free” final full day was such a smart move. Usually by the end of each trip the exhaustion is catching up with me... and having Happily Ever After on that last night sounds magical!

Last edited:
Those photos from the Photopass Studio are actual gems. Truly works of art. I hope Disney one day uses them as advertisements. Seriously.
Right?? They should put them all around DS :rotfl:

What a fun evening in MK! That camera on HM is impossible to find. Every photo I've seen and I have on it has everyone looking up when it somehow is directly ahead???
Impossible - I don't know why that is?!
Love all those Main Street photos especially one with that Mickey design added. Definitely looks like a big turn around from your morning in Springs.
Total 180 :laughing:

Just found your TR yesterday and I'm now caught up!
Yay!! :welcome:
Really enjoyed reading about your adventure. Nice that you had plenty of park time but also hung out at the resort. YC is so $$ it seems like you should take the time to enjoy your beautiful surroundings.
::yes:: We loved YC - it was as much a destination as the parks for us!
Thanks for continuing on with updates. Hard to keep the spirits up but reading about fun times is a nice diversion. We had to cancel our March trip, moved it to Sept but that may not happen either. Not sure I'd want to wear a mask all day - assuming they're open. Hoping this is all behind us soon!
I hear you on that!! We're waiting to go back until we've mostly moved through everything. Originally I was going down with my best friend's family in early June and Matt and I were going to go again in October - looks like we'll probably be waiting until 2021.

Glad to see you post more updates! I totally feel you on the sadness of reliving such happy memories while stuck at home. While Philly hasn’t been as bad as NYC, we still have a stay at home order and it’s been weighing on me more with each week.
It definitely comes in waves!! I think it's a lot for everyone no matter where they are ::yes::
I think having a “free” final full day was such a smart move. Usually by the end of each trip the exhaustion is catching up with me... and having Happily Ever After on that last night sounds magical!
We definitely liked leaving the las day free - that way if we missed out on anything or felt like we had to go back we knew we had time for it. Happily Ever After was definitely magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!