DVC Annual Pass - how do I get it?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Hi everyone! How do I get the Annual Passes with the DVC discount? Do I contact MS? We'd like to have the voucher mailed to us, so we can use the Best Rate program for the weekend between our two BWV stays.

Thanks! ;)

I got mine from the link that takes you from the member's only website to the WDW website. It was quick & easy.

We just got ours by calling MS. It was also easy that way, and as the previous poster said, many get them at the website.

I got ours on the member's website. The vouchers arrived in about a week. :flower:

As already posted, you can either get it online (go through the link in the member's website) or you can call MS.

My advice is to call MS - the CM will make the process very easy and you will get a voucher. You can use the numbers on the back of the voucher to make a Best Rate reservation online (I did) and to buy a DDE (I will do this later).

FWIW, I did try the ticket website several times and found it very frustrating. In fact, I ended up calling ticket services twice to make sure the transaction wasn't processed more than once. Turns out it never went through at all either time. Needless to say, I was very frustrated with the website and was more than glad to let MS handle it for me.

IMHO, Disney's websites (in general) are not very reliable! I had trouble with the BR site, too but was able to eventually get it to work. It took multiple tries, though. Maybe it has since improved. My experiences were in late July.

Best wishes -

I walked up to the ticket booth at the International gateway, handed them my DVC Member card and my Disney Visa Credit Card and was on my way in about three minutes. :cool1:

I ordered our discounted vouchers on the DVC website last week.

Thanks everyone! Since we're going in May, I'm not sure when we should order them. I would like to have them so when the BR comes out I can book, but I don't want to get them too soon (we'll be getting 4, so that is a nice bit of cash to spend).

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Thanks everyone! Since we're going in May, I'm not sure when we should order them. I would like to have them so when the BR comes out I can book, but I don't want to get them too soon (we'll be getting 4, so that is a nice bit of cash to spend).

then get the other 3 at the gate when you get there? You only need 1 for the voucher number and the others can be purchased on site with your DVC card. Since you are not activating the one you order in advance (just getting the voucher) they can all have the same expiration date if you activate on the same day.

I'm planning on ordering mine in advance so I can get the DDE card (we're arriving on a Saturday and wouldn't be able to order until Monday if I wait) and will get the remainder when we arrive.

Called MS today to order passes and was told I have to pick them up wje we get there since I am less than 30 days from my trip. This means I cannot order DDE
until I get there as they apparently will not take the will call number. I wish I had read this thread before I made that call. I told the CM that when I ordered vouchers before with no discount theu arrived in less than a week and I didn't understand but she insisted it would have to be will call. Now I hope I can ordr the DDE card on the Friday morning we get the passes activated and have the letter sent to the international gateway at EPCOT before supper.

Castleri,

I was told you could order DDE on a Friday, but that you need to make sure it's before 3:30, or they won't get it done before they leave for the weekend. Of course, I'd check with them, and also try to get it ordered on Friday as early as possible. It would not be fun to go the whole weekend without it if you planned to have it!

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Why not buy a couple now and a couple toward the end of the year. I wouldn't wait until after December though, because that is usually when the price increases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter