DVC annual pass

Jdg7141

Earning My Ears
My parents are considering Purchasing DVC and adding Myself and my 2 sisters to the deed. Would I be able to purchase the discounted annual passes for my immediate family?

If you are on the deed and they buy direct then yes, you all can get APs.

I just did this so that my adult children and their families will be eligible.

Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.

Considering they raise the price on Annual passes every year, is there any reason (other then the upfront cost) in purchasing multiple annual passes now for use in later years? They are good until 2030 or something aren't they?

Considering they raise the price on Annual passes every year, is there any reason (other then the upfront cost) in purchasing multiple annual passes now for use in later years? They are good until 2030 or something aren't they?

Disney changed their policy last year on Annual Pass activation. You used to have until 2030 to activate a voucher. Now they have to be activated within one year.

Oh wow. I just got my first AP ever this summer and saw that 2030 activation date. Was it that recent?

I renewed last month and got a 2030 date on the voucher. Even if they did change that policy, it would just mean you have to pay the difference (just like with regular park hoppers).

[/QUOTE

An annual pass doesn't have to be activated until 2030 if purchased today?

Could we add people on the contract after buying or do we need to do it right away?
And what does that imply?
You can though only once any mortgages or liens are satisfied (if that applies in your case). You simply do a gratuitous transfer to add other owners on the Deed, in this case ROFR isn't exercised. You can do this yourself for minimal cost (think minimal amounts of money) or LT Transfer will do it for like $150 I think. There is a full thread on here how to do it yourself.

Just be careful everyone you add is an owner with a tangible piece of share in the DVC contract thus any lawsuits, divorces, etc. would be able to go after their ownership interest.
Everyone must be on the deed or live in the same household with the same legal address. Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.
It's 8 purchases per membership correct? That was my understanding from reading the Membership Extras Document I was given and what I was told by the gate/ticket CM and MS and the compliance person that call after direct purchases. So multiple members at different addresses won't each get their own set of 8. I assumed it operated similar to MM in that it's a per membership limit.

WDW and DL Passes may only be purchased by Members for themselves and their immediate family living in their household, up to a total of eight (8) per year.

Last edited:
You can though only once any mortgages or liens are satisfied (if that applies in your case). You simply do a gratuitous transfer to add other owners on the Deed, in this case ROFR isn't exercised. You can do this yourself for minimal cost (think minimal amounts of money) or LT Transfer will do it for like $150 I think. There is a full thread on here how to do it yourself.

Just be careful everyone you add is an owner with a tangible piece of share in the DVC contract thus any lawsuits, divorces, etc. would be able to go after their ownership interest.

It's 8 purchases per membership correct? That was my understanding from reading the Membership Extras Document I was given and what I was told by the gate/ticket CM and MS and the compliance person that call after direct purchases. So multiple members at different addresses won't each get their own set of 8. I assumed it operated similar to MM in that it's a per membership limit.

Every owner get ones for their own household. I just discussed this when we added our adult children who live elsewhere. We would all be eligible for APs, and so would each of their households.

Right now, we have 7 people between the 3 households. if my DDs every get married, they will be able to get them for spouses and children as well.

Every owner get ones for their own household. I just discussed this when we added our adult children who live elsewhere. We would all be eligible for APs, and so would each of their households.

Right now, we have 7 people between the 3 households. if my DDs every get married, they will be able to get them for spouses and children as well.
Interesting so a single membership can have up to 6 people on a deed so theoretically 6 different households each qualifying for 8 passes? So a maximum of 48 passes on that single membership. I’m surprised since that would theoretically pay off the membership in 1 year of discounts, though that situation is highly unlikely to work out in that a single household would have 8 people in it. Though 4 person households are common so it could be possible to pay for it in 2 years. And when I mean pay for it I mean 100% cost not just the differential between direct and resale.

I hadn’t tried going about 8 for the membership but only asked out of curiosity. But I’m surprised to hear I was informed incorrectly. Though if this is true I would have done it and bought another 75 and added all my siblings and parents to let them get a discount.

Interesting so a single membership can have up to 6 people on a deed so theoretically 6 different households each qualifying for 8 passes? So a maximum of 48 passes on that single membership. I’m surprised since that would theoretically pay off the membership in 1 year of discounts, though that situation is highly unlikely to work out in that a single household would have 8 people in it.

I hadn’t tried going about 8 for the membership but only asked out of curiosity. But I’m surprised to hear I was informed incorrectly.

That was my specific questions and was told that each owner can get the APs.

Of course, right now, one DD is a CM so she doesn’t need them...but if she ever does, it’s there. But yes, it is per household.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter