DVC Annuel Dues & Transferwise

jackieleanne

DIS Veteran
Just a heads up for those who are UK DVC members who may not have a US bank account especially if you've only purchased this year like me. I just set up a balance account with Transferwise for a US account. It gave me the routing number and US account number that you need to be able to set up the annual days payment as monthly with Disney.

This saves me having to pay in one lump sum in January.

It was really easy to set up as well, had to put in $20 but ill be able to keep that in the account for my first payment of dues. Means I can put my annual bonus towards my honeymoon.

I also set up Transferwise when we sold one of our contracts.

I used the card when I was in Chicago last month, they have a decent app as well.

i think you know this. :-)

We plan to use transferwise for the payment of our first resale contract. Do you know how long it takes for the money transfer to the title company and are there any fees ( on the title company site ) like an international bank transfer or is it a US only transfer?

Sorry I haven't used it to make a payment for a resale contract, I sold one of my DVC contracts and received money.

We plan to use transferwise for the payment of our first resale contract. Do you know how long it takes for the money transfer to the title company and are there any fees ( on the title company site ) like an international bank transfer or is it a US only transfer?
I used XE Transfer, rates seemed competitive and very easy to enter reference numbers etc....

I wasn't able to use transfer wise for the final payment on our resale contract. Though at that point I didn't have it set as a bank account so didn't have the number.

Transferwise US $ account is not set up for direct debit so you can not pay your monthly dues with it. (And other currencies as well) Only the UK £ can be used for direct debit. It’s in the Faq’s. They are supposed to be working on it though. Don’t know how long that will take.

I do believe you can use their debit card to make dues payment in full to save on transaction costs but haven’t tried that.

18 may 2021: ETA
It now works with direct debit from the us $ account

Last edited:
Transferwise US $ account is not set up for direct debit so you can not pay your monthly dues with it. (And other currencies as well) Only the UK £ can be used for direct debit. It’s in the Faq’s. They are supposed to be working on it though. Don’t know how long that will take.

I do believe you can use their debit card to make dues payment in full to save on transaction costs but haven’t tried that.

Oh yeah I won't be using it as a direct debit, but just it was great that I was able to change it so that it now gives me the option to pay this monthly. Now I will just pay monthly but before the due date so that it clears each month.

Hi how did you do this? We are needing to Kay our deposit but there Is also a processing charge I don’t know if I should add this into the transfer amount for the deposit?

I need to pay our annual for DVC can I send a one off payment through transfer wise or XE , is it straight forward .. thanks in advance

We have used our transfer wise account to send money from the UK for closing to the title company; it takes 2 or 3 days and is very easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!