DVC AP deal

dwight16

DIS Veteran
so we are almost in august and still no word on a pass deal . when did they announce the the deal last year?

They announced it last year in early July. General consensus is that there will be no APs offered for the next couple of years as the new lands are a big enough draw.

At DL (granted, it's a very different animal with locals representing an overwhelming percentage of pass holders), APs are being restricted ahead of SW:GE opening. Harbinger of things to come? Maybe. But not much incentive for DVD to cover the cost of incentivizing APs over the next couple of years.

The Gold(DVC pass) at $585($500 renewal) still remains, and the restrictions are limited. Hopefully they don't change that.

just wondering if something was going to happen...i figured not but i am hearing from some people i trust there could be more then 1 price increase over the next 12 months...just trying to time when i buy my next voucher...

just wondering if something was going to happen...i figured not but i am hearing from some people i trust there could be more then 1 price increase over the next 12 months...just trying to time when i buy my next voucher...
Why the need to time it? If you are confident with your sources around the price increase, why not just buy an AP today. You would have until 2030 to activate it.

If they introduce an AP deal, before you use it (or even after you use it?), you can likely pay the difference to upgrade to whatever deal DVD works out with the theme parks. That's what happened with a bunch of AP holders last year with the platinum-plus deal.

Why the need to time it? If you are confident with your sources around the price increase, why not just buy an AP today. You would have until 2030 to activate it.

If they introduce an AP deal, before you use it (or even after you use it?), you can likely pay the difference to upgrade to whatever deal DVD works out with the theme parks. That's what happened with a bunch of AP holders last year with the platinum-plus deal.

I'm sorry but ,where does it say that you can buy an AP and use it until up to 2030?
That's news to me

The 2030 date is the activation date, AP's are only good for a year from activation. So you could buy one this year and not activate it till 2029. I thought there was a restriction on the DVC discounted Platinum AP's though, that they had to be activated by the end of 2018.

The 2030 date is the activation date, AP's are only good for a year from activation. So you could buy one this year and not activate it till 2029. I thought there was a restriction on the DVC discounted Platinum AP's though, that they had to be activated by the end of 2018.
That was my understanding as well, but the passes I have in my MDE account now (bought under that deal) say that I have to activate them by 2030. :confused3

That was my understanding as well, but the passes I have in my MDE account now (bought under that deal) say that I have to activate them by 2030. :confused3

Ours did to with the 2030 expiration, but we went this April and are going in February of 2019 so we activated them.

Hopefully it is a nice little glitch that they will have to honor for DVC members who bought them.

Ours did to with the 2030 expiration, but we went this April and are going in February of 2019 so we activated them.

Hopefully it is a nice little glitch that they will have to honor for DVC members who bought them.
Yep - Either way, since we are going for NINE nights over Easter 2019 (thank goodness for SPG points and no cost +/- by season!!!!!) we will have to use the PAP+ by April. The problem is our (currently too vague to plan around) plans to go over Christmas 2019 as well.... We'll have to hope that an AP renewal deal comes up by then that makes sense for us...

The value you paid for the DVC PAP+ special ($559 plus tax) also expires in 2030 (which is reflected on the MDE), but the Platinum Plus status is lost if not activated by December 31, 2018, per terms of the DVC special.

So if you are unable to activate the pass this year, you'll be able to activate it in 2019, but will have to pay the difference between what you paid with the DVC discount and the present cost of the PAP+.

The value you paid for the DVC PAP+ special ($559 plus tax) also expires in 2030 (which is reflected on the MDE), but the Platinum Plus status is lost if not activated by December 31, 2018, per terms of the DVC special.

So if you are unable to activate the pass this year, you'll be able to activate it in 2019, but will have to pay the difference between what you paid with the DVC discount and the present cost of the PAP+.

That's what the issue was with not activating this year, thanks for remembering what the restriction was Bing.

I'm confused. We bought Platinum Plus AP's that I thought had to be activated by 12/31/18. MDE says it has an expiration of 2030. Don't remember what we paid for them, but I thought it would be a good deal at the time. Now I'm questioning whether or not we will be able to get to WDW in Dec 2018. So will these tickets have some value to them if they are not activated by the end of this year? If yes, then what will that be?

Finally, I'm unclear as to how I go about activating the tickets when we do get to WDW, whether it be this December or next year. Do I just have to show my magic band and member card and id? Or is there some sort of document that I should have received and need to have?

Thanks for the help.

The 12/31/2018 date is correct. If not activated by that date, you will be able to get a credit for what you paid towards the current AP price. The 2030 date is the last you can get any credit for this pass.
I recall the price was just under $600 for the discounted Plat-Plus pass.

Thanks for that $$ info. Now how do I go about activating these passes whenever we do arrive? Just show magic bands, member card and id? Or do we need something else?

Any ticket booth or guest services can activate them. As long as they show in your MDE account just show your DVC Blue ID card, photo ID and your magic band, also ask for the AP discount card when you activate the APs.

Last year's email came on July 7, 2017....yes, I still have that email. I was in WDW at the time and had just purchased a GOLD AP on July 1. After that email, I upgraded to the Platinum+.
I gave up on another deal being announced this summer and went ahead on Saturday and renewed my AP.

Thanks for that info. I was worried I would need some kind of paperwork, which I don't think I would have.

Thanks again!

Last year's email came on July 7, 2017....yes, I still have that email. I was in WDW at the time and had just purchased a GOLD AP on July 1. After that email, I upgraded to the Platinum+.
I gave up on another deal being announced this summer and went ahead on Saturday and renewed my AP.
When you renewed your AP did you get the Platinum+ or did you get the DVC Gold for the renewal price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter