DVC AP Discount

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Hi All,

I will be purchasing the DVC annual passes using our discount. My question is about redeeming the voucher. What will we need to pick up the voucher? My DD (15) has a differernt last name than DH and I, and do does my mother, though we all reside in the same household. I think we are all entiutled to the discount, right?

Will they ask everyone for ID when redeeming the vouchers? I have to make sure we all have the correct ID since we are moving this summer, only a mile from our curent home, but still a new street address. Do they check ID's when picking up the voucher?

Thanks !

It sounds like you have time to order your AP's and have the vouchers mailed to you. I'd do it over the phone with a live person. That way you can resolve any name issues right then and there. My understanding is that each of you is entitled to the DVC discount since you are direct relations and reside in the same household.

By getting your vouchers in advance, then you'd only have to take them to Guest Relations with a photo ID for each of you indicating residence and you'll be able to convert them to AP's.

I have a different last name than my husband and I am the one that ordered and paid for the AP's. When we picked them up at the TTC they did want our photo ID's but never asked for the DVC member card.

One note in case you care, for some reason the CM used my husband's last name for all three of us. So now I have an annual pass with a name that does not match any of my ID. I pretty much need my DH there to show them his last name. Not sure why she did that. But it hasn't been a problem yet.

Hi. Do you call member services to get a ap voucher....We're going in Oct and probably next summer so I'd like to get them- but not until Oct.

Do you pay for it when you order the voucher?-What is the discount? Thanks in advance!! -The DVC/members login area is down right now.

Jen

Thanks for the replies. :)

JMurphy,
The discount on the regular AP is $100.00 off for DVC members and you must pay when ordering. Big savings there. It doesn't matter when you buy them, you will received a voucher that will only be activated when you get to WDW and exchange the voucher for the real pass. Some people buy them far in advance so they do not have to pay higher ticket prices when WDW ultimately raises their ticket prices. Your voucher is good forever.

I copied and pasted this from Deb's site:

Passes can be purchased online by visiting http://dvcmember.com or at any Guest Relations location at all four Theme Parks and Downtown Disney beginning January 2, 2005. These tickets will not be available at Vacation Planner or Resort Guest Services locations. If purchased via http://dvcmember.com, Members will receive an Exchange Certificate Voucher. If purchased on-site at Guest Relations, Members will receive the activated Annual or Premium Annual Pass.

I have a different last name than my husband and I am the one that ordered and paid for the AP's. When we picked them up at the TTC they did want our photo ID's but never asked for the DVC member card.

One note in case you care, for some reason the CM used my husband's last name for all three of us. So now I have an annual pass with a name that does not match any of my ID. I pretty much need my DH there to show them his last name. Not sure why she did that. But it hasn't been a problem yet.

When I was at the Intl. Gateway last Dec getting my renewed AP, I forgot to bring my blue member card. Too lazy to go all the way back and get it. But, they wouldn't let me renew it without the card. The CM in the booth called DVC and they had to talk to me, ask me some security stuff, and only then would they give out my DVC number so that I could renew my AP with the discount! Be on the safe side...bring your license and your member card!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter