• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC AP question

dcfromva

No horsing around, Christmas is coming!
Prior to the new DVC AP program (I think it was May 2003), we purchased two PAP vouchers and 1 Regular AP voucher. We planned to redeem them for a trip in Jan 2006.
Then, the new DVC passes were introduced! At first, I was thinking we could upgrade the regular AP voucher to a PAP DVC pass and purchase 2 more DVC passes and save the PAP vouchers for a future date when we wouldn't lose money on them (I "think" we paid around $500 each for the PAP vouchers--we have 50 years of ownership...I'm prepared for a long wait. :) )...
But then, I came up with another idea and I was wondering if anyone has tried this:
Could we take the 2 PAP vouchers and purchase 3 DVC APes with them--paying whatever the price difference was for the third one?

-DC :earsboy:

I believe the official answer to your question would be no. One ticket trade in per new ticket purchase. However, it certainly wouldn't hurt to try it. I would just make sure that you were prepared to handle it either way. I would say its going to depend on which CM you get at Guest Relations where you try to make your transaction.

Things like this often fall into that gray catagory where no one knows what will happen until you actually try it.

Laura

Actually, I think the answer to your question could be yes. IIRC, GoldenOldie said that the vouchers are kind of like a gift certificate and the usual upgrade/dollar credit rules do not apply. I don't think Disney will give you any refunds, though.

If I were you, I'd post this question on the Theme Parks Forum and hope GoldenOldie sees it. Or you could just PM her.

Best wishes-

P.S. Good news! I did a search and came up with this thread - looks like you can do it!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=847740&highlight=voucher

My two cents - my understanding is that you could always upgrade but could never downgrade & you would be downgrading from PAP to AP.

I would still try it anyway, worst they could do is say no but, as stated before, be prepared either way.

Let us know how you make out!

::MinnieMo

Good news! I did a search and came up with this thread - looks like you can do it!

Carol,
Thank you so much for doing that search. That is great news! :teeth:

-DC :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter