DVC Aulani Questions

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
We’re looking into making reservations at Aulani for summer 2019, are reservations typically available at the 7 month mark? What about for the summer months? Are they going to be difficult to obtain? We’re looking mid-June. We’re also looking to book two studios due to family size. Do these go fast?

We’re use to using our DVC at WDW so any details to know in booking is appreciated, as are any other tips. Thank you!

I agree with Auroraborealis that you cannot count on getting a Standard View room as the rooms costing the least points per night go the fastest. If you can swing the points for a higher view I'm thinking you will be okay.

I've booked Aulani at the 7 month (or less) window 3 times now and had no issues BUT I was booking Ocean View villas, and I travel to Hawaii in the winter.... Good luck! You will looooove Aulani! :love:

I'm currently watching Aulani at the 7 month window. Right now it doesn't seem to bad for getting a standard view but as the 7 month window moves toward June I'm sure it will start to be harder to book. I'm wanting a 1 bedroom standard or garden view at the very beginning of June 2019. See how my luck turns out... Truthly we know we were going to Hawaii in June of 2019 so DVC was only 4 times what we would have spent. Granted we have annual maintenance fees.

What are my chances to get Aulani for Thanksgiving 2019 7 month booking window? 2BR any view

I think your odds are pretty good since you aren't looking to book the lowest points/night villas. I have been checking Aulani inventory at the 7 month window for about 6 months and with rare exception there is good availability EXCEPT the Standard View villas. I cannot recall the situation for Thanksgiving week specifically but at the 7month window there is usually pretty decent availability except those Stnd view villas.

Mid-June is a very popular time at Aulani, so I suspect it will be a bit of a challenge to get studios at the 7-month mark. But your chances for success will improve if you are flexible with opting for Ocean View or Pool View studios.

A big reason for the popularity of June is due to Aulani's point chart. In 2019, May 6 to June 23 is in the Choice Season and June 24 to August 11 is in the Premier Season. An Ocean View Studio for a week will cost 182 points during the Choice Season, but starting June 24 that same studio will cost 217 points. If guests have flexibility in their travel dates, it makes sense to try and get reservations in early to mid June.

If you decide to book two studios, be sure to tell Member Services that the reservations are "traveling together." That way, Aulani will try to place the two studios near each other. Aulani has DVC studios in different wings and you could end up with the studios at the opposite ends of the resort.

Good luck in getting what you want! Aulani is a great resort!

Thank you for the replies! We’re excited to visit Hawaii, the last time we went was 2005 when our oldest was 2 months old, and Aulani was still only in planning/development. Our plan is to spend a week at Aulani and then a week on Kauai.

June 8 to July 6, Christmas week, and Thanksgiving week are the highest DVC demand times of the year at Aulani, and there is a risk you will find nothing, including highest point cost Ocean View, during those times at 7 months out. Moreover, if you see anything open at 7 months out for those times, it is often imperative that you be online at exactly 8 a.m. eastern to make the reservation and then hope your computer communicates faster with Disney's computer than others doing the same thing as you.

I attempted to reserve a 2 bedroom in June for this year, and would have taken a 1 bedroom. I was unsuccessful. And keep in mind studios almost always go first. As others have said, it is a lower point cost to go in June so that makes it a challenge when everyone else has that same thought. It's always possible to get June, but I would suggest a backup plan. That's what I had and now I'm going in July! I spent more points, but I can't wait to go back to Hawaii!

June 8 to July 6, Christmas week, and Thanksgiving week are the highest DVC demand times of the year at Aulani, and there is a risk you will find nothing, including highest point cost Ocean View, during those times at 7 months out. Moreover, if you see anything open at 7 months out for those times, it is often imperative that you be online at exactly 8 a.m. eastern to make the reservation and then hope your computer communicates faster with Disney's computer than others doing the same thing as you.

Does this means that June 1st to June 8th is better availability. Wanting a 1 bedroom standard or garden view....

^Standard or garden view could be an issue (standard is typically a problem year round at 7 months out). Based on last three years, the earlier in June you want, the higher the chance of getting a room. Those booking on November 1 for June 1 to 8 can usually find most things open other than hotel room, standard view and possibly island garden view. As each day goes by the chances start to decrease somewhat and being able to get rooms for June 8 or after in any room category is more difficult (very often there are three or more days a week missing for just about everything once you get to June 8).

Last edited:
And add in the Hawaiian School vacation times and it is a killer to get a standard view even when you own there. I have vowed, never to go to Aulani when the Hawaiian Schools are on their fall break. Boy is it popular. It doesn't help that the hotel has great discounts for the locals during that period as well. The place is packed around Columbus Day weekend and the week afterwards.

And add in the Hawaiian School vacation times and it is a killer to get a standard view even when you own there. I have vowed, never to go to Aulani when the Hawaiian Schools are on their fall break. Boy is it popular. It doesn't help that the hotel has great discounts for the locals during that period as well. The place is packed around Columbus Day weekend and the week afterwards.
That's a great tip. I googled their calendar and this year their fall break starts Oct 8. Fortunately we check out Oct 6.

As for the posts about views, our latest trip was supposed to have a "garden" view but looked out onto a construction site by that wedding pavillion. I heard they are going to build an Atlantis hotel on that side too, so construction will be an ongoing issue. Don't count on any kind of view.

That's a great tip. I googled their calendar and this year their fall break starts Oct 8. Fortunately we check out Oct 6.

As for the posts about views, our latest trip was supposed to have a "garden" view but looked out onto a construction site by that wedding pavillion. I heard they are going to build an Atlantis hotel on that side too, so construction will be an ongoing issue. Don't count on any kind of view.

I expect a lot of those island views at Aulani that now have an ocean view, will have only a view of the Atlantis buildings once that resort is built. And the entire side of Aulani facing the Atlantis lot will have construction views for 1 ½ years or maybe 2 years. Of course, when they will get around to doing the construction is still up for speculation.

Exactly!! It remains to be seen what will happen and when. Personally, I hope it does not go through. But that's me. :rolleyes1

I have mixed feelings about the Atlantis project. Sure I wish it wasn't next door to Aulani. But I also hope that Atlantis builds a fabulous waterpark that will draw some of Aulani's guests away from the resort for the day. Aulani gets so crowded. And evidently the natural beauty of the island isn't a big enough draw to get the guests to leave the resort for a day or two. I am still amazed at how many have never been to Hawaii and they never leave the resort. Sort of sad when you think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter