DVC (blue card) and AP. Get Tables in Wonderland?

Thanks for the clarification. I purchase as a DVC member or AP so I pay $150 (at least for now until they do another price change, bite my tongue ;)).

TIW still has blackout dates around the holidays, correct?

The last time we had it the final day of our trip was the first black out date. That was disappointing for sure.

Hi from WDW info.com

Tables in Wonderland Blackout Dates:

The Tables in Wonderland discount is not available at any restaurant on holidays including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

Certain restrictions may be applicable. Participation is subject to change.

Hi from WDW info.com

Tables in Wonderland Blackout Dates:

The Tables in Wonderland discount is not available at any restaurant on holidays including New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

Certain restrictions may be applicable. Participation is subject to change.

When we were blacked out they were restricting for a much longer period at certain restaurants. As I recall it was a rather sudden blackout addition that hadn't been done before. In particular for us it was at CRT for breakfast and was probably around Dec 21st or 22nd.

This may be a dumb question- but for non FL resident members- all you have to do is go to a guest services location and say you'd like to buy a TIW card? Aside from ID and the blue card, do you need to do anything else? Do you get a "hard" card right then and there? and can it be any guest services location? thanks!

This may be a dumb question- but for non FL resident members- all you have to do is go to a guest services location and say you'd like to buy a TIW card? Aside from ID and the blue card, do you need to do anything else? Do you get a "hard" card right then and there? and can it be any guest services location? thanks!
Yes. We purchased one year at Disney Springs and one at Animal Kingdom. They print your card right there. It is similar to a parking garage ticket. Hard card stock with a magnetic strip.

That's how I see it........but it's $150 now. If it has gone up again, then I am out.......
You are only out 150 (or 175, whatever it is) if you don't use it at all! My point was not to get too carried away with the numbers. If you used it enough such that you save 125$, then you lost a little (25 or 50). And if that is kind of worst case scenario, you could pay a lot more in lost savings, if ther card would have saved you 250, 300, etc.
Also valet parking might be a nice perk.

Now if you pay 150 and never use it, well, this thread can't help ya!

Valet is a nice perk but we don't use it. I prefer to walk and would rather not have anyone in my car unless it's necessary.

The valet does help for my son (with or without us) since he has three little ones (twins) and need I say a car full of "stuff" :) - I am sure it helps many too, so yes, it is a nice perk!

I am sure I will end up buying it.

Valet is a nice perk but we don't use it. I prefer to walk and would rather not have anyone in my car unless it's necessary.

The valet does help for my son (with or without us) since he has three little ones (twins) and need I say a car full of "stuff" :) - I am sure it helps many too, so yes, it is a nice perk!

I am sure I will end up buying it.
We rarely have a car at WDW, but a friend visited us at AKV Kidani for the evening. We drove her car from the Kidani parking garage over to Jambo house for dinner at Jiko and utilized the valet there. It was nice! Oh, and you bet they want to see the receipt for dinner!

Woowho!! Thanks for this information, I wasn't sure about this. We are going to VB for a week after our two weeks at WDW so I will get plenty of use out of my TIW this year and next.
Yes! Our first use on our current card was post cruise at Wind and Waves, and the Green Cabin. Additionally worth noting, several options at Swolphin.

Yes. We have done so in person and on the phone. Side note, if you order by phone you get a plastic card - more durable.

The only problem with buying over the phone is the effective date of the card is the day you make the purchase. It can take up to 3 weeks to get the card which eats up pretty much all of the extra month you get on the card.

Also when you get the plastic card (our first one, recently!), the servers love it because it is apparently much easier to swipe. We've renewed many times at the parks, but this last time we did it over the phone because our first meal was a pre-park open breakfast so we needed to have it. It took about a week to get the card, it was not a problem at all. (This reminds me that I need to call and buy it again before our December trip, again...)

TIW still has blackout dates around the holidays, correct?

The last time we had it the final day of our trip was the first black out date. That was disappointing for sure.

It does, but as a PP noted it's (now) only those specific dates. We went for 10 days around Easter break and on Easter itself, we only booked one TS restaurant, Biergarten. We do enough character meals with 2 little kids, and signatures, that we usually save money on just a single 10 day trip. On our last card, we did 4 days in September (2018), Thanksgiving (2018), 10 days over Easter 2019 and a long weekend in June - (21 days). The only meals it didn't cover were Easter and Thanksgiving dinner and one Victoria & Albert's dinner. It did cover multiple meals at BOG dinner, CRT, Akershus, California Grill, and a bunch more TS and signature restaurants. (We like to eat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter