DVC called one week before my trip & said no availability

esrob

Earning My Ears
Wanted to know if anybody else had gotten a call from DVC eight nights before the trip and was told that the room is not available! I booked this over six months ago and at the time there were three rentals available on the DVC website .... I got the confirmation number and I even checked in online 2 weeks ago. Joseph from DVC said it was a computer glitch (that they had no accessible rooms six months ago ). I’ve been a member of Dvc for 18 years.... and I’ve never had this kind of rudeness on the phone ! He was able to move my reservation to old key west ( by the way they are not supposed to have any rooms available either by the dashboard ) has happened to anybody else ?

Where was your original reservation? I remember a few months ago when a ton of AKV reservations suddenly opened up. We all wondered what happened & if there would be an issue...

Oh no! What resort was your original reservation at? That just doesn’t make any logical sense on Disney’s part

t was a computer glitch (that they had no accessible rooms six months ago )

So you booked an accessible room?

Is this for a resort undergoing renovation? Could be that they shouldn't have had, and don't have, those rooms available.

Where was your original reservation? I remember a few months ago when a ton of AKV reservations suddenly opened up. We all wondered what happened & if there would be an issue...
The reservation was 6 months ago at AKL! The problem is I’ve gotten so many emails about ‘welcome home ‘I changed my members in my room once and I even waited for a two bedroom.. I even checked in two weeks ago online How could they not know until seven days before... and what a joke they asked me if I want some fast passes to make up for my trouble .. it’s funny because they found a Single accessible room at OKW that was not available the week before

It was AKL. 6 months ago. The day we could book reservations (my home is Boardwalk. My son and my niece are flying in . Since she works in zoo she was looking forward .......

Oh no! What resort was your original reservation at? That just doesn’t make any logical sense on Disney’s part
AKL. The worst part is we have no choice but to go back to old Key West and disappoint my kids

Seems to me that DVC members are getting the short end of the stick because you can go with the travel agent and get your reservation done a year in advance... we signed up in 2000 and we have never had this much trouble getting a reservation early . Even this June I had to waitlist my home (Boardwalk) the day it opened to reservation! Is it me or is disney and/or DVC or customers service getting callous?

Yeah but to call 7 days prior gives me no time to do any other thing
I can see how frustrating/disappointing this is. The sad truth is that if they had reached out 4 weeks ago, there probably wouldn’t be many more options then either. Fall Frenzy is a horrible time of year to get your reservation taken away.

If this was indeed booked during the glitch when all AKV categories suddenly became available, I would imagine that they did their best to accommodate as many, and disappoint as few people as possible given they tried to honor the new bookings. With the specific needs of an accessibility room, they can’t really fudge that (e.g. “Sorry we couldn’t get your value studio, but we can put you in a savannah instead.”).

In no way is this to excise the SNAFU, or how it was subsequently handled, of course. But it may be they were trying to see what the can work out before throwing in the towel and dropping the bad news on you.

I’d express to someone higher up your disappointment (not to be confused with anger - which you would be in your absolute right to feel), and see if you can get more than just Fast-Passes. Don’t expect anything, of course. It just wouldn’t hurt to ask for some consideration given the downgrade.

I doubt they suddenly "found" an accessible room at OKW, they likely pulled the room back from cash inventory to solve the problem, thus it would not have shown up on the member website.
Surprise surprise surprise !!!after calling DVC This morning I was put in touch with another supervisor Stacy who was more than kind and more helpful! She asked a lot of questions about my trip, my wheelchair,my plans for the vacation... she was able to get me a one bedroom in boardwalk (my next choice). And the extra points were gratis... so it always helps to call back to get real superstar !

So glad to hear that all ended well. That’s never happened to us and I’d be REALLY upset if it did.

I'm so happy it worked out for you because that was a sucky thing to have happened!! Have a great trip!!!

Yay! Can absolutely understand your disappointment. GOOD FOR YOU!:thumbsup2 Happy that a good supervisor made it work for you! Enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

Glad to hear it worked out.
My recomendation was going to be to call and talk to somebody higher up. Which you did, and seems to have been handled well.

OMG, what a nightmare... glad they took care of you!

Oddly enough, just as I was reading this thread yesterday, I get a call from a 407# (disney). I am leaving in like an hour to head to airport for food and wine trip this week. Instant Panic when they said they needed to speak with me about my upcoming reservations...

However, they only wanted to see if I would like to add a VIP tour for my January Cabin trip. Whew! Haha :)

FYI its $4375 for a 7 hour 10 person VIP tour... I wanted to tell them that most of my cabin nights were booked with my SSR points so they are barking up the wrong tree :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!