DVC closing taking longer now days?

littlestar

DIS Veteran
We sold a DVC contract back in January before the latest resale restrictions went into effect. I got word that the contract closed March 21, but the deed was not actually recorded until a week later. I checked my DVC account last week and the contract was no longer showing online in our DVC account. Anybody that has recently sold a DVC contract know if it is taking longer now days for Disney to complete the transfer so the title company can release the funds to the seller?

Do yo know which title company was used? *** was being very slow around the end of march... In total they delayed my closing by over 25 days. The biggest issue was a week lost while I waited for them to record the closing on the OC website. I believe most of the other title companies are closing as fast as always (based on what I see in the closing time thread).

You should ask *** about the timing. I sold a contract that closed about a week ago and the check was sent on the day it closed and arrived in a few days.

You should ask *** about the timing. I sold a contract that closed about a week ago and the check was sent on the day it closed and arrived in a few days.
By closing do you mean when Disney transferred the points to the new buyer and marked it final with your closing company?

Nope, all that occurs after closing. Those steps are not necessary before the proceeds can be distributed by the closing agent.

Maybe the resale company I went with this time has different rules for disbursement of seller’s funds. Always got paid quickly when I used the Timeshare Store but I used another company this time.

Last edited:

Glad it arrived-The closing agent is the one sending your money but since the broker typically chooses the closing agent, the broker does make a difference. I've learned to ask who they use before agreeing to list with them.

Glad it arrived-The closing agent is the one sending your money but since the broker typically chooses the closing agent, the broker does make a difference. I've learned to ask who they use before agreeing to list with them.
They can suggest or "nudge", and most people just go with their guidance, but ultimately the buyer gets to pick the closing agent. Just an FYI for those not aware.

The closing agent is typically set forth in the sales contact so if you have a desired agent, make sure you get it in the contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!