DVC dining plan cost? Am I seeing this right?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are considering buying the plan for our Christmas trip. When I looked at prices on dvc site it shows me prices for both 2019 and 2020. Comparing the cost the cost actually goes down for adults next year. It’s not much but I was shocked. Is this correct? Child price went up a bit.

Are you sure you aren't looking at pre-tax on one vs the total on the other?

We are considering buying the plan for our Christmas trip. When I looked at prices on dvc site it shows me prices for both 2019 and 2020. Comparing the cost the cost actually goes down for adults next year. It’s not much but I was shocked. Is this correct? Child price went up a bit.
You are correct. Both tables were not including taxes
Purchase a Disney Dining Plan

Disney Dining Plans offer convenience and savings for those staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
Choose one of 3 distinct levels based on how your family dines.
2019 Disney Dining Plans
The dining plan information below is valid for Resort arrivals between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. Pricing is per Guest, per night of the reservation, exclusive of tax.

Dining Plan Type Price Per Adult, Per Night
(Ages 10 and Up)
Price Per Child, Per Night
(Ages 3 to 9)
2019 Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
View Details
$52.50 $23.79
2019 Disney Dining Plan
View Details
$75.51 $27.99
2019 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
View Details
$116.26 $43.50
2020 Disney Dining Plans
The dining plan information below is valid for Resort arrivals between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Pricing is per Guest, per night of the reservation, exclusive of tax.

Dining Plan Type Price Per Adult, Per Night
(Ages 10 and Up)
Price Per Child, Per Night
(Ages 3 to 9)
2020 Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
View Details
$51.64 $24.41
2020 Disney Dining Plan
View Details
$73.24 $28.64
2020 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
View Details
$111.74 $44.60
How to Purchase
It’s easy to purchase a Disney Dining Plan online. To get started:
  • Visit your Member Dashboard
  • Under “My Vacation Plans,” select your vacation to view your trip options
  • Under “Trip Options,” select “Purchase Dining Plan”

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I wondered if they were going to change the dining plan inclusions for 2020 (like take out the alcohol or something).

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I wondered if they were going to change the dining plan inclusions for 2020 (like take out the alcohol or something).

If they did that, a lot of people would not be buying in, at the current prices the inclusion of alcohol is the only thing making it worth it.

If they did that, a lot of people would not be buying in, at the current prices the inclusion of alcohol is the only thing making it worth it.

It still seems crazy expensive to me, but do appreciate the option to purchase it when staying DVC

It still seems crazy expensive to me, but do appreciate the option to purchase it when staying DVC

Really only make since if you have at least 2 "kids" on the plan and can share meals. If we couldn't share meals with the kids, we would just pay out of pocket.
It's really lost the value it use to have.

I wish they would have meal plans that made sense for family members in the party with medical issues that can't really take advantage of the meal plan - we don't do them anymore because since it has to be purchased for everyone staying in the room we are throwing money out for 2 of us that can't eat full meals of any kind :(

Would be nice for DVC members to be able to purchase by the individual day. Just too much food for us over multiple day when walking so many miles per day in usual hot, humid weather.

I feel like there used to be some value in it but you still had to make sure you used it at the right meals to make it "worth it"... Now I feel like it's for people like my brother who just don't want to cook or worry about anything when on vacation and chalks it up to the "cost of vacation". We share an owners locker with some friends and keep a crock pot it in. We do a lot of simple food meals in the room.... And when we want to eat out... We do out of pocket. No value in the meal plan for us anymore.

Personally... The need to plan every moment of a trip around dining reservations is what drove me away from it long ago.

In March, my daughter, granddaughter (3), and grandson (1), and I are doing a split stay.

First 3 nights at Pop Century with the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan. We’re going to utilize the gondolas to spend time at Flower & Garden for snacks, eating at 2 places we haven’t been to in a couple of years, plus 3 character meals, and 2 signature meals. We’ll have 4 days to use 9 meal credits and 6 snack credits each, eating 1 real meal on the first day and 2 each if the next 3 days. With the DxDDP, each credit is cheaper... and we love appetizers. Character meals pretty much cover the child price, plus the 1 year old can share his sister’s food.

Once that part of the trip is over, we’re moving into a DVC 1br and having some Quick Service along with some simple things in the Villa.

We’re going for relaxation, food, shows, and stuff for the littles. We’re not worried about headliners this trip due to height requirements.

Kinda the best of both worlds to us doing it this way.

When I used to purchase them, we would book the room with only 1 name on it, purchase the mealplan and then the night before add the other names to the reservation - this way it was only 1 quick service meal plan that would be purchased and we could split it

How far in advance do you have to add/pay for the dining plan on a DVC reservation? Thank you!

How far in advance do you have to add/pay for the dining plan on a DVC reservation? Thank you!
That would depend on whether you own (48 hours in advance of check in) or rent. If you would are renting, then you are subject to the terms of the rental agreement. Payment in full for all DVC dining plans must be made when the plan is added.

That would depend on whether you own (48 hours in advance of check in) or rent. If you would are renting, then you are subject to the terms of the rental agreement. Payment in full for all DVC dining plans must be made when the plan is added.
Thanks. My sister owns DVC, but this is her first time adding Dining Plan, so we just wanted to be sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter