DVC due's for Gondola

Which room? Riviera? Doesn't matter because it's sold to be occupied 365 days.
Actually I had mentioned that I thought that art of animation and Pop Century should be paying considerably more towards the gondola dues and Caribbean beach also considerably more of the gondola dues than Riviera since those resorts have thousands of rooms but Riviera only has 300 rooms. It wouldn’t even be fair to split it four ways. It should be based on how many rooms there are and how occupied they are. When I said the rooms run over 90% occupancy I was talking about art of animation, Pop Century And Caribbean beach

Gondola lines aren’t running directly from HS to EPCOT...doubt if people would take as they would have to transfer (get back in line) to get from one to the other...boat would be the preferred transportation.

I was told by my guide ?!?) that CB, AoA and PoP room fees will reflect the upcost for 2020. I meant to check this out when the prices for 2020 came out, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I thought they could only sell enough points for 51 weeks, not 52 weeks.
Correct they are only allowed to sell 51 of the 52 use weeks. The extra 1 use week not sold is where inventory comes from for maintenance work. The reason DVC owns 2% in each unit minimum (not really for maintenance that’s the selling of only 51 weeks) is so that they can maintain voting rights for that unit and maintain “skin in the game” so to speak.

What about the folks hopping from “where ever” to one of the parks? Offsite guests going from one park to another? I guess they ride for free. I do not agree with the price structure of charging the resorts. IMO that is on Disney.... you want people in the parks, than provide a way to get there.

I do not agree with the price structure of charging the resorts. IMO that is on Disney.... you want people in the parks, than provide a way to get there.

While I would like to have more transparency on how transportation costs are allocated to the resorts, what I like the most of DVC is that they are onsite hotels, with all the benefits of other Disney resorts at WDW. I am happy to pay a fair amount for DME, MB, FP+, Extra Magic Hours, monorail, gondola and buses. If I just wanted a room nearby, I would buy Wyndham Bonnet Creek points for pennies.*

* = this is not to diminish WBC at all, it seems a very nice resort and an excellent value for money if bough resale, but it's not an onsite Disney hotel.

I would imagine the higher dues is because the liability insurance for an aerial gondola is substantially higher than a bus or a monorail.

I'd be very curious to know how they split the costs between the resorts.
The most reasonable way would be to split it by room occupancy: since the two values have more rooms, they should pay more.

Another way would be to split it "by stations". There are three stations: AoA-PC, CB and DRR, so DRR will pay 1/3 of the costs. This would be doubly unfair, because of the room count and because the DRR station will be used by half CB rooms as it's more convenient to them.

So the first option is fair, the second is unfair but would put a lot of the costs on the shoulders of DRR owners saving Disney millions over the next 50 years. What do you think Disney has chosen to do?
Maybe some involved more closely with the BCV/BWV dues & transportation issue a few years ago can chime in but IIRC, the costs are divided up more by potential usage than actual usage. And also IIRC, it's by density (# of people per room) rather than per room in such a way that DVC tends to pay more than the resort of the resort(s). But as noted, it's all covered by the owners at Riviera only for the DVC portion.

Concerning...
It really didn’t. The lobby was renovated as a part of the addition of the villas to Poly. So the sale of the DVC there paid for the lobby likely but that was through the purchase price. Going forward DVC members are paying MF that include a capital cost. In that cost is baked in the replacement of common elements, which includes the lobby. Though the common elements are shared appropriately between the DVC resort side and the cash resort side. Something like the lobby costs would be shared based on occupancy numbers.

However, sometimes the deal that DVC has with Disney Hotels puts some requirements in them for DVC to take over spaces. DVC is always looking for new places to add onto the DVC product and sometimes they'll take a bad deal and just add it to the cost of purchasing. It was very interesting that nothing had changed in the Polynesian lobby until the time when DVC took over three buildings to convert to DVC villas.

However, sometimes the deal that DVC has with Disney Hotels puts some requirements in them for DVC to take over spaces. DVC is always looking for new places to add onto the DVC product and sometimes they'll take a bad deal and just add it to the cost of purchasing. It was very interesting that nothing had changed in the Polynesian lobby until the time when DVC took over three buildings to convert to DVC villas.
That is true but it’s a very different statement than dues paid for the new lobby. It’s exactly why DVC was added to many places, pay for capital improvements through the direct sales, and increase occupancy rates.

In all honesty the lobby renovation was probably one of the less costly projects that the DVC addition sustained.

I wouldn't be surprised if Riviera's transportation costs include both their share of operation and maintenance of Skyliner and buses to all the parks including DHS and Epcot. I bet Disney will reduce the bus service to DHS and Epcot as the Skyliner becomes more efficient and the majority of guests are willing to use the Skyliner.

Although $1.34 for transportation in the Riviera dues sounds pretty high to me. For BLT we pay $0.3598 for transportation costs in our dues. And BLT is much further from three parks versus the one park, MK, that Riviera will have to bus guests to.

I would imagine the higher dues is because the liability insurance for an aerial gondola is substantially higher than a bus or a monorail.
I disagree.

I'd guess that a gondola system is substantially less risky than a bus. Buses have mistake-prone human drivers and operate with other mistake-prone human drivers. Gondolas operate around the world, in extremely challenging environments (like mountain peaks) and probably have multiple automated safety systems. I'd guess that the frequency and financial severity of accidents in bus incidents is many multiples higher than gondolas.

Plus I doubt that Disney buys transportation liability policies on each form of transport. I Imagine they self insure for incidents under a certain threshold (say several million) and then have a high level umbrella like policy for systemic liabilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!