DVC - Gold AP, Question

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
I have a few questions about my current DVC Gold AP.

*If I renew my DVC Gold AP, to save $100, does the renewal date start with when I renew or my first visit to the park? For instance, my AP expires January 6, but I will not be heading back to Disney until September.

*I went to check blackout dates for my DVC Gold AP, but when I go onto Disney's site, it says if you don't see the pass you currently have, it is no longer being sold. Is this correct? Will there no longer be DVC Gold passes? If there will be, where the heck do I find the blackout dates? I am giving myself a headache trying to find it.

Thank you all very much.

*FOUND IT!! I didn't see where I had to log in to show I was DVC. Thank you, me. LOL*

Last edited:
Renewal is always the day after expire. If you gap it is a new pass at new rates.

You have to be logged in to buy Gold. Not sure if you can see stuff well logged in, because Disney IT is wack.

Renewal is always the day after expire. If you gap it is a new pass at new rates.

You have to be logged in to buy Gold. Not sure if you can see stuff well logged in, because Disney IT is wack.

Thank you. That was the the one thing I still couldn't find.

Do DVC members get a discount on regular park tickets?

Last edited:

Thank you.

I think I will adjust our start/end September trips 2020/2021 (my mom and I will both get APs but won't renew what we have since they expire January 6).

We usually go the week after Labor Day.
I think for September 2020, we will go two weeks after Labor Day.
My mom will go in November with my sister.
I'll go in February with my dh.
My mom and I will go back again September 2021 the week after Labor day and approximately a week before
the AP ends.

Thank you all for your help.

If you have a gap in trips, then it makes more sense to just purchase a new one down the road. I was there in August when my AP expired, but since I wasn't going until October, I decided to not renew. Now I will start my new AP October 6th, 2019 which means all trips will be covered through October, 2020 next year.

I did this because my August 2020 trip isn't till the end of August and if I had renewed at the beginning of August this year, it would not have covered this trip.

If you have a gap in trips, then it makes more sense to just purchase a new one down the road. I was there in August when my AP expired, but since I wasn't going until October, I decided to not renew. Now I will start my new AP October 6th, 2019 which means all trips will be covered through October, 2020 next year.

I did this because my August 2020 trip isn't till the end of August and if I had renewed at the beginning of August this year, it would not have covered this trip.

Thank you.
I am happy with my idea to do my September 2020 trip a week later than usual and then 2021 do as usual with another stay or two in between so I'll have three trips with a possibility of four.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter